You Were Up Early This Morning...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forget the early risers, I don't like the layabouts.
wink_smile.gif
At least you know they will be ready for brekkie on time!
This was yesterday catching the sunrise over the river...I know people stamping around is annoying, esp above your head, I HATE IT, but the best part of the day is when the sun comes up. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it...

lrg_Tony_cabin6_deck%20view%20Fall.jpg

Cabin%206%20picnic%20and%20grill%20and%20deck%20with%20view2.jpg

background music by Hall and Oats.
GORGEOUS...still got color! Which state park was this? Glad you got away and enjoyed it :)
catlady said:
GORGEOUS...still got color! Which state park was this? Glad you got away and enjoyed it :)
Staunton River State Park
Only a handful of rustic cabins. This park was hit by a tornado that came up from NC if you recall, in April, seeing the damage was unbelievable. The clean up will take many years. (Slideshow of the damage)
This is where the Staunton River and Dan River (some of you may recall Dan River linens) meet up and make Buggs Island Lake then travel 10 miles to make John H Kerr Reservoir. (I don't like posting them here where they compress and look awful, it was brilliant there)
http://twitpic.com/7dyjbj/full
http://twitpic.com/7dyins/full

I'm not trying to be offensive, but let's stop and think a minute. Does anything need to be said at all? I suppose if you do say something, then that will all but eliminate the possibility that these same guests will return to do it again.
When we invite people into our home, there are going to be issues. These just come with the territory. Short of someone doing damage to your property, behavior that's really aggressive to other guests or doing something illegal, I find it best to just bite my lip and move on..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I'm not trying to be offensive, but let's stop and think a minute. Does anything need to be said at all?
It's all well and good if they're one-nighters, but when you have to put up with it for several nights, yes I do think you need a subtle way of pointing out that they're waking you up every morning.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I suppose if you do say something, then that will all but eliminate the possibility that these same guests will return to do it again.
That's another benefit of saying something.
In their defence I guess it's pretty unusual in the UK to have a bedroom on the ground floor, so they may not even realise that someone is sleeping beneath them. Maybe I should put something on the notice in that room to that effect.

I'm not trying to be offensive, but let's stop and think a minute. Does anything need to be said at all? I suppose if you do say something, then that will all but eliminate the possibility that these same guests will return to do it again.
When we invite people into our home, there are going to be issues. These just come with the territory. Short of someone doing damage to your property, behavior that's really aggressive to other guests or doing something illegal, I find it best to just bite my lip and move on..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I'm not trying to be offensive, but let's stop and think a minute. Does anything need to be said at all?
It's all well and good if they're one-nighters, but when you have to put up with it for several nights, yes I do think you need a subtle way of pointing out that they're waking you up every morning.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I suppose if you do say something, then that will all but eliminate the possibility that these same guests will return to do it again.
In their defence I guess it's pretty unusual in the UK to have a bedroom on the ground floor, so they may not even realise that someone is sleeping beneath them. Maybe I should put something on the notice in that room to that effect.
Highlands John wrote:
Aussie Innkeeper wrote:
Get 'em, John!
teeth_smile.gif
cheers.gif

Back