"You won't mind if I come in here..."

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all are missing the point, I had two burners on high - a griddle with 4 blueberry pancakes nearly done and 12 scrambled eggs, there was no way to turn and talk or redirect. There are plenty of things I could say, but not at that point in time, so the weasel, ahem lovely guest was able to waltz in...
Bless his little heart... haha.
Joey Bloggs said:
Y'all are missing the point, I had two burners on high - a griddle with 4 blueberry pancakes nearly done and 12 scrambled eggs, there was no way to turn and talk or redirect. There are plenty of things I could say, but not at that point in time, so the weasel, ahem lovely guest was able to waltz in...
Bless his little heart... haha
JB - I don't know how you kept your mouth closed. I seldom cook things on the stove, I opt to the oven dishes mostly but even then I can not be stopped by a barging guest as it upsets my rhythm.
We use to have a regular that came in the kitchen every single time he was there. He and his wife are friends with a celebrity that lives here in town that sends others, so instead of me booting him out of the kitchen I altered my routine to be ready to serve him early. He can no longer take stairs so they have to stay in a hotel when they come to town.
We had a regular we inherited from the PO's. They told us he needed 2 plain cookies in his room at check-in and egg beaters for breakfast. The first morning he came down for breakfast he walked right into the kitchen, opened the fridge and 'told' DH to give him a fry pan so he could make his own breakfast.
Not sure if the PO's allowed him to cook his own food or he thought he was going to teach us a thing or two.
I had to 'explain' to him that he was a guest and he needed to sit down with everyone else and wait for us to bring his food out to him. But it was one of many startling guest interactions we had with this guy until we peeved him enough that he moved on.

Bless his little heart... haha.
Joey Bloggs said:
Bless his little heart... haha
JB - I don't know how you kept your mouth closed. I seldom cook things on the stove, I opt to the oven dishes mostly but even then I can not be stopped by a barging guest as it upsets my rhythm.
We use to have a regular that came in the kitchen every single time he was there. He and his wife are friends with a celebrity that lives here in town that sends others, so instead of me booting him out of the kitchen I altered my routine to be ready to serve him early. He can no longer take stairs so they have to stay in a hotel when they come to town.
We use to have a regular that came in the kitchen every single time he was there.
We had one of those. Every time he came I broke at least one or two goblets - I do not know how, I just did. He always talked about his late wife and only referred to the current as her dear friend. Never met her, but felt very sorry for that lady. He is also the one who followed DH right into our quarters. I have no idea why he stopped coming here - but I ain't complaining.

Back