Your favorite National Park

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
What's your very favorite National Park? (BTW, JB- looking for another blog idea for that group blog?)
  1. Name of Park
  2. Location (City, State)
  3. One must-see in the park
My inner traveler thanks you. And, my outer traveler may thank you as well if any of them are enroute for my trip!

I have been to too many to give a straight answer. Some were sheer beauty, others the history. Each was a must see. If you are in Utah, Bryce or Zion both fantanstic.

Alibi Ike said:
What's your very favorite National Park? (BTW, JB- looking for another blog idea for that group blog?)
  1. Name of Park
  2. Location (City, State)
  3. One must-see in the park
My inner traveler thanks you. And, my outer traveler may thank you as well if any of them are enroute for my trip!
Yosemite National Park
California
The entire valley. The scenery, hikes and nature are some of the most beautiful on this planet! Try to go any season except summer...too many people!

New River Gorge National Park!!!-the best one I've seen EVER!!! Which is in Southern West Virginia and it travels South not North-one of the few rivers that travels south to north-absolutely Stunning.
White Water Rafting, Hiking, Climbing and the view of the Gorge at Beauty Mountain or at Hawks Nest! So much more view the Longest Steal Arch Bridge in the Western Hemisphere-The New River Gorge Bridge standing 850 feet above the New River!

Acadia National Park on Mount Destert Island, Maine
Tahquamenon Falls in Paradise, Michigan

Rocky Mountain National Park in the Spring
Estes Park, Colorado
Hiking to high alpine tundra - not many places where you can see that in the U.S.

Pick ONE - you've gotta be kidding!!
Grand Canyon, (north of Flagstaff) AZ - breathtaking overlooks, didn't make the trip down the canyon - Will next time!
Sequoia & Kings Canyon,(East of Fresno) CA - Giant Forest
Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Gatlinburg TN - nature trails wildlife - great views.
St. John National Park, St. John US Virgin Islands - didn't get further than the beautiful beaches
tounge_smile.gif

Mammouth Cave, in Mammouth Cave, Ky off Interstate 65. This is the world's longest known cave system, with more than 390 miles explored. Any of the tours are instructive. Can see the evolution of cave exploration-- destruction vs preservation, also some very old grafitti. It's well lit and aside from climbing steps it's not physically strenuous.

Redwood forests.
Grand Canyon
Meteor Crator
Coral Reefs off Australia
Sites around the Rotorua area of New Zealand.
Canadian Rockies....Glaciers, Banff National Park
Black Forest in Germany
Hawaii.....
My own Jones Beach (State Park)
Many nice places on the planet.........and more yet to see

Redwood forests.
Grand Canyon
Meteor Crator
Black Forest in Germany
Hawaii.....
Many nice places on the planet.........and more yet to see.
Hey! I know Jones Beach. Altho 'my' beach was Orchard Beach.

Redwood forests.
Grand Canyon
Meteor Crator
Black Forest in Germany
Hawaii.....
My dh hung out on Jones Beach when he was growing up. :)
I stuck to picking one park in my first reply!
From the mountains to the beaches now....Also, love Assateague Island National Seashore, VA/MD - wild horses.

Redwood forests.
Grand Canyon
Meteor Crator
Black Forest in Germany
Hawaii.....
From the mountains to the beaches now....Also, love Assateague Island National Seashore, VA/MD - wild horses.
Just as an fyi if anyone is trip planning, in Virginia we have wild ponies on the beaches AND in the mountains. Trivia for anyone who is interested. This is near Grayson Highlands State Park, VA
ponies03.jpg

GH8.jpg
3272104128_dbe2e2f1b9.jpg

Last year we visited Denali National Park in Alaska. Absolutely amazing. You can't drive in but you can take a bus that brings you in 90 miles, or you can hike. We saw a grizzly bear with her cubs, a cow moose nursing her calf, eagles, and a ton of dahl sheep. Of course the scenery was spectacular.
This year we are planning a trip to the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone.

Redwood forests.
Grand Canyon
Meteor Crator
Black Forest in Germany
Hawaii.....
I couldn't pick just one.......these and many others are favorites for varied reasons

I just got the National Parks Passport book so I now have a map. Unfortunately, it doesn't come with addresses for each park (duh). I'll print out the park brochure for the places along our route.

Back