Your favorite sugar free dessert recipe?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Draper

Reaction score
Going to visit my grandmother for her 80th birthday and looking to make a nice dessert that is sugar free. I've never worked much with Splenda and wondered if anyone had a favorite recipe that they know turns out well? Thanks in advance.

No recipe, but congrats to your grandmother!.
Thank you! She will be 80 this year and my grandfather 81. They are my heroes. I just called and told her we were coming up this week and bringing their supper (and it is SUPPER, not DINNER which is at noon...ooh, we had a few miscommunications over THAT one over the years!) for them and you would have thought I told her she won Publisher's Clearing House...nice to make someone so happy with so little effort!

Thank you! She will be 80 this year and my grandfather 81. They are my heroes. I just called and told her we were coming up this week and bringing their supper (and it is SUPPER, not DINNER which is at noon...ooh, we had a few miscommunications over THAT one over the years!) for them and you would have thought I told her she won Publisher's Clearing House...nice to make someone so happy with so little effort!
You must be a young whippersnapper if your grands are 80-81. My parents are that age. If I had my grands, they'd be over 100, the lot of them!

You must be a young whippersnapper if your grands are 80-81. My parents are that age. If I had my grands, they'd be over 100, the lot of them!
My 'rents are only early 60's!
wink_smile.gif

wink_smile.gif

Uh oh. Don't tell me I'm old enough to be your mother!

wink_smile.gif

Uh oh. Don't tell me I'm old enough to be your mother!
Ha, ha...now you can claim to be Don Draper's Mom! Lots of street cred there...

Get baking Splenda - that uses 1/2 cup for 1 cup of sugar - and just make your favorite recipe. I works great. No real difference in taste.

wink_smile.gif

My oldest will be 50 this year. My "baby" just turned 37!

Get baking Splenda - that uses 1/2 cup for 1 cup of sugar - and just make your favorite recipe. I works great. No real difference in taste..
Thanks Kathleen, I will get some. I am thinking of making a fruit cobbler, they both love fruit and that is naturally sweet so hopefully it will taste good and I don't have to worry too much about browning/rising.

Get baking Splenda - that uses 1/2 cup for 1 cup of sugar - and just make your favorite recipe. I works great. No real difference in taste..
Thanks Kathleen, I will get some. I am thinking of making a fruit cobbler, they both love fruit and that is naturally sweet so hopefully it will taste good and I don't have to worry too much about browning/rising.
I use it all the time in muffins and in the stupid chocolate pudding for DH. It will not take that much for a cobbler and that wil be great.

The secret for grands in their 80's Nana Puddin'
(sugar free recip of course)

Morticia, not sure if you saw this thread but I ended up making your "kitchen sink" cobbler. I used regular sugar for the fruit (it was only 1/2 cup and I wasn't sure if Splenda would pull the juices out of the fruit the same way sugar would?) and then used Splenda brown sugar blend for the topping. It is in the oven now, I'll let you know how it turns out.

Wir bieten Schlichte Elegante Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.online shop brautkleider online shop brautkleider
Schmeichelhaft Meerjungfrau Stil für Satin Brautkleid Cocktailkleider ist trägerlose Ausschnitt mit glatten Mieder featured. In Anlehnung an glatten Rock rinnt flüssig auf den Boden mit einer geschichteten Organza Gericht Zug zurück. Charming Rosette auf der Rückseite zeigt den Effekt auf den Kern.
Organza Brautkleider für die Braut tragen
Schöne A-Linie Organza Mädchenkleider von Spaghetti-Ausschnitt mit bestickten Mieder mit Perlen Handarbeit gepunktete featured. Side rosa floralen Motiven Akzent Stil romantisch brautmoden schwangere brautmoden schwangere kindermode mädchen günstige abendmode günstige abendmode, designer ballkleider cocktailkleider 2012 während asymmetrische Rock nach unten fließt kleider brautjungfern , braut online shop ballkleid online kaufen um den Boden mit einem Gericht zu trainieren.
Perlen Organza Brautkleider
Dramatisch entwickelt A-Linie Organza Brautjungfer Kleider von trägerlosen Ausschnitt mit schmeichelhaften Perlen Leibchen erstaunlich featured. Deutliche Taille führt das ätherische Organza Rock fließt auf den Boden mit einem Gericht zu trainieren. Zurück bowtie und Rosette Blick hebt die Wirkung auf den Kern.
V-Ausschnitt Satin Floral Wedding Dress
Weinlese-line satin Hochzeitskleid wird von bescheidenen V Halsausschnitt mit Mieder mit handgemachten florale Motive auf jeder Seite der Schulter wunderschön eingerichtet featured. Natürliche Taille führt die schlanke Rock läuft bis zum Boden mit einem Gericht zu trainieren. Zurück Rosette und zerzauste Sicht unterstreichen die Wirkung ästhetisch.
Eingesticktes Prinzessin Brautkleider
Romantische Prinzessin Hochzeitskleid genießt Halsausschnitt mit eng anliegendem Oberteil mit raffinierten Stickereien übersät braut und abendmode braut und abendmode, während verschönert Illusion kurzen Ärmeln fügen Sie einen Hauch von charmanten Bild. Embellished Baske Taille führt das verschönert Rock läuft bis zum Boden eingefasst mit aufwendigen Verzierungen.
[h3] Popular News [/h3]

Back