Your most popular or most requested breakfast item?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so easy to please. Probably many innkeepers are. .... You're making ME breakfast? Lovely

Shelley's homemade biscuits. She usually splits the weekend breakfasts. One morning, it is a homemade country breakfast, homemade biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon, scramble eggs. The next it is something gourmet, like a special quiche or her fantastic tomato pie (I know, it sounds weird for breakfast, but it is a HUGE hit). We've gotten surveys back that the guests loved her biscuits so much they wanted them the next morning. All they had to do was ask. They freeze and reheat really well.

Gillum, I didn't make pancakes until someone asked if we might have them one morning. And asked about blueberry as I was serving up blueberry pie in the evening. So I said sure. I had never made them before and they were easy ... I had two griddles going and just before flipping dropped a few blueberries on each one. Such raves! I think it might be a Maine thing. Something like 1/4 of US blueberries are grown there. Easier for me than the waffles. I thought I was being very slow making and plating and serving, but they were patiently waiting. You never know!.
seashanty said:
Gillum, I didn't make pancakes until someone asked if we might have them one morning. And asked about blueberry as I was serving up blueberry pie in the evening. So I said sure. I had never made them before and they were easy ... I had two griddles going and just before flipping dropped a few blueberries on each one. Such raves! I think it might be a Maine thing. Something like 1/4 of US blueberries are grown there. Easier for me than the waffles. I thought I was being very slow making and plating and serving, but they were patiently waiting. You never know!
i am not trying to double check your facts, but i had to, as i have never had blueberries from maine that were not "wild blueberries" here is what the first google search revealed:
"Blueberry bushes can pop up all over the U.S., and while 38 states grow blueberries, ten states account for more than 98% of U.S. commercial production (listed in order of volume): Michigan, Oregon, Washington, Georgia, New Jersey, California, North Carolina, Florida, Mississippi and Indiana."
Maine is not even on the top ten list.
Where Blueberries Grow - U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
www.blueberrycouncil.org/growing-blueberries/where-blueberries-grow/
We use blueberries here and we have the eitherhate them or love them factions. How someone could hate a wonderul, blueberr is beyond me,i am with your guests, I love them.
Maybe it's the low bush blueberries that grow better in Maine. Tiny blueberries, not the big ones. That's what we put in pancakes. A heaping tablespoon or more per pancake. We buy them frozen.
I made jam with the high bush version. Can't give it away. It's homemade and guests ask for the HFCS strawberry from the grocery store. I figured it would be gone by now. I've used one pint in a month. Not that it's the blueberries I used, it's just that guests don't seem to want blueberry jam. That's just crazy talk!
I love blueberry jam. Can I get a jar?

Gillum, I didn't make pancakes until someone asked if we might have them one morning. And asked about blueberry as I was serving up blueberry pie in the evening. So I said sure. I had never made them before and they were easy ... I had two griddles going and just before flipping dropped a few blueberries on each one. Such raves! I think it might be a Maine thing. Something like 1/4 of US blueberries are grown there. Easier for me than the waffles. I thought I was being very slow making and plating and serving, but they were patiently waiting. You never know!.
seashanty said:
Gillum, I didn't make pancakes until someone asked if we might have them one morning. And asked about blueberry as I was serving up blueberry pie in the evening. So I said sure. I had never made them before and they were easy ... I had two griddles going and just before flipping dropped a few blueberries on each one. Such raves! I think it might be a Maine thing. Something like 1/4 of US blueberries are grown there. Easier for me than the waffles. I thought I was being very slow making and plating and serving, but they were patiently waiting. You never know!
i am not trying to double check your facts, but i had to, as i have never had blueberries from maine that were not "wild blueberries" here is what the first google search revealed:
"Blueberry bushes can pop up all over the U.S., and while 38 states grow blueberries, ten states account for more than 98% of U.S. commercial production (listed in order of volume): Michigan, Oregon, Washington, Georgia, New Jersey, California, North Carolina, Florida, Mississippi and Indiana."
Maine is not even on the top ten list.
Where Blueberries Grow - U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council
www.blueberrycouncil.org/growing-blueberries/where-blueberries-grow/
We use blueberries here and we have the eitherhate them or love them factions. How someone could hate a wonderul, blueberr is beyond me,i am with your guests, I love them.
Temp Innsanity - ha! must be Maine propaganda!!
from Wikipedia Maine produces 25% of all blueberries in North America ..... Wild blueberry is the official fruit of Maine.
but your stats are from U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council I believe Maine blueberries are low bush.
All I know is... people asked for them.
We grow high bush berries here in my neighborhood Massachusetts - they are big berries. I love them all.

Oatmeal pancakes is the fav breakfast here. ...served with real PA maple syrup and a side meat (usually sausage).

Our traditional meaty English Colonial breakfast
Black Pudding served with eggs, and your choice of a small grilled sirloin steak with grilled root vegetables or bangers with fried mash potato cakes.
I've had the traditional Scottish breakfast with the haggis, but just couldn't do the black pudding. Everything else was great.

I love whatever you will make for me. That is my ideal breakfast as a guest. But if it is sweet, I know a protein.
I tried steak and eggs here as a Father's Day weekend thing. If you do a man-cation try that!

Like others, we don't take requests but the recipes I get asked about the most are my home made granola, our cookies and a couple of individual egg dishes. If I ask repeats whether there's something they'd like in particular, most often, it's "Oh no, we love everything you do".
I keep track of what our guests get serviced in my reservation system, and I try not to repeat what they get on a return trip..
Egg Puffs were DH's fav breakfast of the trip, and by the way, the b e s t B&B breakfast of the trip!

The only requested breakfast we've ever served was - pancakes. I don't normally make them, but there is a photo on the site, so a guest made the request, I was happy to do it as it is so easy with a large griddle. Normally cooks choice.

Like others, we don't take requests but the recipes I get asked about the most are my home made granola, our cookies and a couple of individual egg dishes. If I ask repeats whether there's something they'd like in particular, most often, it's "Oh no, we love everything you do".
I keep track of what our guests get serviced in my reservation system, and I try not to repeat what they get on a return trip..
Egg Puffs were DH's fav breakfast of the trip, and by the way, the b e s t B&B breakfast of the trip!
Skamokawa said:
What are egg puffs?

Back