Your TripAdvisor Listing has Evolved (Slightly)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
Proud Texan said:
I refuse to go with TA until they put B&Bs on an equal footing with local hotels. It's next to impossible to find my listing on TA and with all the flack they've gotten it's not causing me to rush in to quickly anyway.
It looks like TA has made some big changes very recently. My listing is on the same page as the hotels/motels....just farther down the page...we're still listed as red-headed stepchildren, or an afterthought. Check your listing, if you haven't lately.
TA looks to be listening, but if I'm going to be on the same page as the hotels, I want to be ranked in order of reviews (since I have the most). Everyone above me on the page have crap for reviews. EQUAL EXPOSURE...ranked by reviews or popularity overall...that's what I want. Right now, you can choose to filter by popularity, and there I am, but that's not the default setting...the default shows ALL the motels first.
On the bright side, I just now noticed that my coupon (afforded me by my paid business listing) shows at the top of the entire list...oooohhh, now I'm a little excited.

I think they roll this stuff out selectively. I don't see any B&B's listed with hotels here, but if I did, a lot of us would be beating the pants off the hotels. However, like you said, not being sorted out by ratings but in order of TA 'importance'.
Do you sell rooms on TA? Can someone book your place thru TA is what I mean? They are only going to put at the top what makes them money and none of us can make them the money a 500 room hotel can.

I just posted is message on the BBonline thread but here goes my rant:
Little Blue wrote: I was unhappy enough before, but now my listing is on the same page as the hotels/motels....just farther down the page. Check your listing, if you haven't lately.
TA looks to be listening, but if I'm going to be on the same page as the hotels, I want to be ranked in order of reviews. Everyone above me on the page has crap for reviews.....WTF are they not getting what we're saying? EQUAL EXPOSURE...ranked by reviews overall...that's what I want.
Well I just checked my listing and if TA is listening....they are not listening with both ears... my listing is now worse than before!!! NOT on the same page as the one and only hotel in my little town, but the pictures of MY B&B are shown above the listing of the plain jane hotel that just opened. I am peeved beyond words.
devil_smile.gif

I am listed first on my page above the hotels...take a look at my town name (Is this what you mean?)

CH I am confused I find you #1, the hotel #2.
I see what you mean (now) IF you search for hotel & my town - I do come up #1 (small whoop - explain later under #1)
But if you search for my town, state - here goes:
1) there is a tab for the bigger city near me - (this is where I use to be listed. I am not in either city, I am in the county & no one searches for the little town)
2) next there is a Town, State link - this shows pics of my B&B at the top - the 1st time I looked, the hotel name came under these pics (not directly) this time it shows my B&B #1, Hotel #2 (does it rotate????)
3) link to hotel (1) | B&B (1) - click on either and the hotel comes up #1 - each time!!!
4) link to restaurant (1) - for Paris, France (no I am not in Paris France, Paris Texas or Paris anywhere)
5) link to the hotel
etc....
Should I be happy about this - heck no, I am not. I am more burried than I was before they made this change... And I was #1 ranked B&B when I was listed in the other city, just not listed with the hotels.
For me, there is no reason to have paid even 1/2 price for the link, as it is useless!

I am listed first on my page above the hotels...take a look at my town name (Is this what you mean?).
Joey Bloggs said:
I am listed first on my page above the hotels...take a look at my town name (Is this what you mean?)
Interesting that in your case the hotels & B&B's are lumped together on one tab. Because there are not that many of each maybe?
However, when I view it, the hotels are first.

I don't get it, every time I look the B&B is first. Who knows the equation.

I don't get it, every time I look the B&B is first. Who knows the equation..
Joey Bloggs said:
I think a lot is based on WHERE your ISP is. THAT is part of the equation somehow.
Yesterday, when I first read about the changes I looked at the overall page for my town, then clicked 'Hotels' and all of the B&B special deals were listed before the hotels were. Not today.
It would NOT be good for this town if the B&B's & Hotels were merged as it appears the hotels will get top billing regardless of how bad the reviews are. That means my listing will be on page 2 and no one will bother as they will think NONE of the B&B's are as good as the hotels.
OR, they will think there is a different ranking system for hotels vs B&B's. But, B&B's will still be relegated to the bottom of the list. The top 5 B&B's in town here beat out the top 2 hotels by a mile. Slots 3 and below in the hotel category are way below the top 8 B&B's. Slot 3 on the hotels is 81% approval, slot 8 on the B&B's would be 100% but they don't have enough reviews yet. You have to get to slot 9 on the B&B's before you dip below 80% approval.
But there is now way they will put those properties ahead of the money-makers.
I'm happy we have the separate tabs so guests can sort it out themselves.

It came up same as mine...
Click on the link for your city, state - your B&B is #1 (your pics at the top of page)
Click on either the hotel or B&B links under the city name - the hotels come up first
Further down on the page, the only accommodations listing is for the HI Express
THE WORST (and I have not looked at mine) is that if they hit the HOTEL tab, then type in your city, state in the box labeled "Find Hotels travelers trust", only the HI Express is listed - even though the tab above shows "HOTELS & B&B's (4) - and NO you can not click on it to get any others to appear.
SO I just checked mine - thought it could be different as I do sell rooms with Expedia through B&B.com NOPE, same result as yours. I did several different searches - checking the larger city where I use to be listed, nope not there either! And in the larger city only 5 of the 10+ hotels even show.
They have really fowled up this time with their equations. - Or it could be that they have this planned well - maybe the ones that do show are the ones that bring in the most $$$ to them.
What ever the deal is, I have wasted $$$ that could have been better spent.

Seems to be all those who show availability on TA have the higher rankings. Which is Exped -ee-uh or hot- ellls. com

Joey Bloggs said:
I think a lot is based on WHERE your ISP is. THAT is part of the equation somehow.
Yesterday, when I first read about the changes I looked at the overall page for my town, then clicked 'Hotels' and all of the B&B special deals were listed before the hotels were. Not today.
It would NOT be good for this town if the B&B's & Hotels were merged as it appears the hotels will get top billing regardless of how bad the reviews are. That means my listing will be on page 2 and no one will bother as they will think NONE of the B&B's are as good as the hotels.
OR, they will think there is a different ranking system for hotels vs B&B's. But, B&B's will still be relegated to the bottom of the list. The top 5 B&B's in town here beat out the top 2 hotels by a mile. Slots 3 and below in the hotel category are way below the top 8 B&B's. Slot 3 on the hotels is 81% approval, slot 8 on the B&B's would be 100% but they don't have enough reviews yet. You have to get to slot 9 on the B&B's before you dip below 80% approval.
It would NOT be good for this town if the B&B's & Hotels were merged as it appears the hotels will get top billing regardless of how bad the reviews are. That means my listing will be on page 2 and no one will bother as they will think NONE of the B&B's are as good as the hotels.Best scenario for us all would be to have - equal billing in the tabs at the top of the page - not embedded with the hotels or burried as a second thought under hotels. They have a seperate tab for Vacation rentals (then they also have it embedded under hotels)

Seems to be all those who show availability on TA have the higher rankings. Which is Exped -ee-uh or hot- ellls. com.
Joey Bloggs wrote: Seems to be all those who show availability on TA have the higher rankings. Which is Exped -ee-uh or hot- ellls. comNot necessarily! I just did a search for the big destination city near me. They have a list of over 100 B&B's & over 150 hotels,of the top 5 B&B's only #3&5 were using the online booking.
But, when I searched using the HOTEL link tab, there are only 105 hotels listed and 13 B&B's (different tabs, like in the past) SO only those that do online booking with those you mentioned are listed (yes, I checked)
They are now tweeking this system to better benefit those businesses that allow them to make $$$$. This was where they were headed all along. Build a site with thousands of links into their site, build user popularity and then use it to then tweek it to bring in the big bucks.

I just did a search for the city near you in MI and even though hotels come up first..there are separate links at the top of the page for Hotels, B & B, etc.

Joey Bloggs said:
It would NOT be good for this town if the B&B's & Hotels were merged as it appears the hotels will get top billing regardless of how bad the reviews are. That means my listing will be on page 2 and no one will bother as they will think NONE of the B&B's are as good as the hotels.Best scenario for us all would be to have - equal billing in the tabs at the top of the page - not embedded with the hotels or burried as a second thought under hotels. They have a seperate tab for Vacation rentals (then they also have it embedded under hotels)
copperhead said:
My page does have 'equal billing'. One tab for 'hotels', one for 'B&B's', one for 'Specialty Lodging' and one for 'Vacation rentals'.
What won't work is if they lump us in with the hotels. The hotels get priority billing, so even tho 8 of the B&B's rank better than 10 of the hotels, we'll all be AFTER the 12 hotels. And it doesn't help that guests who didn't like ONE B&B keep telling everyone to book at the HGI. Even tho there is a perfectly lovely, top-ranked B&B across the street from the B&B they didn't like. All tarred with the same brush.

IF they were going about it logically, they WOULD highlight the properties that make them the most money...but they're not even doing that. I'm the only one in town with a paid business listing, and it does nothing for me in this case. Either do better by those who pay you to, or no one pays and everyone is treated equally.

Joey Bloggs said:
copperhead said:
My page does have 'equal billing'. One tab for 'hotels', one for 'B&B's', one for 'Specialty Lodging' and one for 'Vacation rentals'.
What won't work is if they lump us in with the hotels. The hotels get priority billing, so even tho 8 of the B&B's rank better than 10 of the hotels, we'll all be AFTER the 12 hotels. And it doesn't help that guests who didn't like ONE B&B keep telling everyone to book at the HGI. Even tho there is a perfectly lovely, top-ranked B&B across the street from the B&B they didn't like. All tarred with the same brush.
Morticia said:
copperhead said:
No, what I am talking about is the VERY top of the page of TA - just under the owl eyes and the TA logo. The tabs are aligned as follows:
Home Hotels Flights Restaurants Vacation Rentals Trip Ideas Write a Review
As businesses, we seem to forget just how the average public will use this site to search for a location... If they are using it primarily to find lodging, which is the way the home page is arranged, the average person will use the large box - with the default for hotels - with the saying "Find hotels travelers trust" then a box to search for the city they are looking for. Only after they are more familiar with the site, or want to find out more about the place they are going will they see the search box under the top tabs and search for the city name there.

I must have pissed them off with my comments. I'm not even listed anymore....ANYWHERE.
Edited to add: never mind, I found me. But it took some looking.

Joey Bloggs said:
copperhead said:
Morticia said:
copperhead said:
No, what I am talking about is the VERY top of the page of TA - just under the owl eyes and the TA logo. The tabs are aligned as follows:
Home Hotels Flights Restaurants Vacation Rentals Trip Ideas Write a Review
As businesses, we seem to forget just how the average public will use this site to search for a location... If they are using it primarily to find lodging, which is the way the home page is arranged, the average person will use the large box - with the default for hotels - with the saying "Find hotels travelers trust" then a box to search for the city they are looking for. Only after they are more familiar with the site, or want to find out more about the place they are going will they see the search box under the top tabs and search for the city name there.
Sorry it took me so long to understand...I just did a search the way you mentioned...only 4 hotels showed up in this town. Oh, sorry, 3 hotels in this town and one hotel in a town of the same name in another state. Duh. I wonder how many times someone has called that place when they wanted to stay in this state!
That button selection goes by date selected for stay and who has rooms available ON the TA partner sites. I changed dates and did get ONE B&B that is listed on one of the booking sites. That's the only way the lodging properties show up around here if you use the 'hotels' button at the top of the page. You have to be on one of the booking sites.

Wir bieten schöne inoffizielle brautkleider, Knielange Brautkleider zu günstige Preisen online. Custom kleider design nach dem Foto. So einfach finden Sie Ihr Traum Brautkleid.Der Valentinstag ist tatsächlich eines Tages von allen love-paart sich mit wunderbaren Enthusiasmus gefeiert. Es ist ein höchst bemerkenswerter Tag unter Jugendlichen und alle Liebespaare über die Welt. Es ist im Wesentlichen auch die erwartete Tag des Jahres für die Gewährung Vorschlag, zu dem 1 liebt. Jeder, speziell Mädchen, Lust zu schauen atemberaubend und Kleid wie eine Diva auf diesen einzigartigen Tag.
Weiblichkeit ist größte Macht von einem Mädchen, mit dem sie jede Person gewinnen können, und schildern in einem wunderschönen Kleid identisch bietet ihre ganz femininen Look und die Macht, ihren Mann zu ihnen ziehen eine ganze Menge noch viel mehr. Ein Valentinstag Kleid muss so sein, brautmode online günstig brautmode online günstig dass zeigt Ihre leistungsstarke Punkte, obwohl das Ausblenden der Schwächeren. Für diejenigen, kurzes brautkleid die ein Datum haben am Valentinstag, dann nicht über die Farbe zu tragen fürchten. Just for red gehen und ließ seine Augen ausgebreitet nur ein wenig viel mehr mit diesen Formulierungen, "WOW! Sie könnten der Suche nach Herrliche heute! "Es ist sicherlich eine Sache, über Rot, abendmode abendkleid das so unwiderstehlich ist!
Red Kleider sind einfach hervorragend zum Valentinstag aufgrund der Tatsache, es ist wirklich die Farbe zu genießen. Es hat die Kapazität, um die Augen ziehen und trägt ein rotes Kleid exuberances on-Hingucker mit tiefen, warmen Gefühlen. Ein Rock, eine kurze Halfter Kleid oder ein floral angelegt Spaghetti Kleid, all diese ganz nett Stück in rot, Projekte feminine Bild in beeindruckender Weise.
Red trägerlose Kleider sind zeitlos klassisch für Frauen jeden Alters. Ein trägerloses Kleid macht eine Signatur Fashion-Statement, falls ausgewählt und in einer angemessenen Art und Weise getragen werden. Strapless Kleider sind am größten, bei den Frauen mit getönten Oberkörper geeignet. Nur bekommen sie mit einem wunderschönen Halskette und High Heels gekoppelt und Sie könnten ready to rock!
1 Schulter Kleider sind auch extrem viel im Trend heutzutage. Die besten Faktor ca. 1 geschultert Kleider ist abendmoden , bieten sie eine Couture-Typ in Richtung des Trägers erscheinen und sind ideal für jedes Ensemble. Deckenhänger und große Schuhe sind ausreichend, um seine Schönheit und seinen persona zu umarmen. Zusammen mit der Lieferung eine ausgeklügelte erscheinen, bietet 1 Schulter Kleider ein außergewöhnliches Vertrauen in Fuß zu.
Red ist für Bräute zu dieser Valentinstag sein! Das ist richtig. Red Brautkleider geben ein harter Wettbewerb um weiße Hochzeitskleider. In zahlreichen Kulturen rot ist eine günstige Farbe, was großes Glück für alle. Natürlich wird eine Braut verlangen, brautkleid für strand dass alle der großen Wünsche und Glück, freut sich das Eheleben und roten Hochzeitskleid kann starter dafür haben. Große Namen wie Valentino und professionelle Braut Modehäuser wie Alfred Angelo, Bonny Bridal, Eden, Ella Rosa und Mori Lee, um ein paar zu nennen, brautmoden brautkleider haben eine elegante und verführerische Sammlung von red hot Brautkleidern, die Ihr Mann das Herz in die stehlen einen Moment.
Mit einer Menge von Alternativen in Rot tragen, abendkleider größe 46 abendkleider größe 46 so scheint es, dass immer auf weibliche Seite ist sehr gut für Mädchen auf die wirklich wie Tag. Unabhängig davon, ob es? Sa kurzen trägerlosen Kleid oder eine verführerische rote Kleid, je nachdem, welche Kleidung Sie wählen, eine Sache zu beachten ist, es müssen bequem und bietet einen stilvollen Look.
Warten Sie nicht zu lange und verpassen so insbesondere roten Kleid, die Sie für diesen besonderen Tag. Also, holen Sie sich eine sexy roten Kleid für sich selbst, sobald erreichbar, kurz vor Ihrer Freundesliste sie aufnimmt! Shop im Internet bietet und eine intelligente Käufer durch die Anwendung Gutscheincodes von verschiedenen im Internet-Shops wie Prom Girl, TJ Formale und mehrere viel mehr, für maximale Einsparungen.
Die Suche nach einer perfekten Rabatt Kleider, können Sie den professionellen Rabatt dress-Shop gehen onlineshop abendkleider onlineshop abendkleider abendkleider : discount-dress.com, bietet es Tausende von Mode-Stile der Spitze Brautkleider zu 70% sparen.
Kategorien bar dresses online bar dresses online: Brautkleider, Brautkleider, Kleider, Kleidung, Mode, Hochzeit, Hochzeit
brautkleid gr 52

Back