Your Weather?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 26

Reaction score
i just posted a little video of the snow here.
this was the last snow of 2009
it's snowing again now ... we're supposed to get about a foot by the time it ends sunday.

Oh no....more snow...thankfully all we are getting are the cold north winds which are probably blowing the snow to you:-( I think i have had enough winter already.

It's still coming down here. It's seems like it's been snowing for days but we still don't have that much. Altho the folks from SoCal thought it was 'a lot of snow!'

It snowed most of yesterday and during the night. Got a few inches. It is COLD!!!! and there is a breeze.
I swept a path for the mailman this mprning and he came through the side yard instead of from the front. Path is still there. Should go clean off the car now but will probably wait until tonight when I go to Chapel. I have to go out then!

Drove home from my brother's last night with 11 inches of unplowed new snow...near whiteout conditions. Very cold today (9 degrees right now) and has started snowing heavily again. Cannot imagine what it would feel like out on the ski hill!

I don't know how you can live in all that white stuff. I am ready to snow bird it after only on snow. I have on two pairs of socks right now too - can't handle the cold - the drafty floors either.

Drove home from my brother's last night with 11 inches of unplowed new snow...near whiteout conditions. Very cold today (9 degrees right now) and has started snowing heavily again. Cannot imagine what it would feel like out on the ski hill!.
Glad you made it home safely. We are expected to go to 15 tonight.

I don't know how you can live in all that white stuff. I am ready to snow bird it after only on snow. I have on two pairs of socks right now too - can't handle the cold - the drafty floors either..
Joey Bloggs said:
I don't know how you can live in all that white stuff. I am ready to snow bird it after only on snow. I have on two pairs of socks right now too - can't handle the cold - the drafty floors either.
My old kitchen in VT was a '2 pairs of wool socks' kitchen that floor was COLD and drafty! We ran 2 woodstoves in that house! And it is still the house Gomez would buy back in a heartbeat.

Our kitchen does not have the greatest ducting for the hvac in the cold so I have a heater in there now - it was in one room upstairs for ancillary heat for the guests. Heat pumps are not efficient when it is 24 wind chill down to 9. It was 65 in there while I made breakfast, which is fine when I am moving about. This weather doesn't last long here - it takes us all by surprise when it hits. I forgot to mention I also have Uggs on.
whattha.gif
Don't like getting older - and colder....brrrrrrrr
PS Inn-2-go my mother emailed in her tank top getting ready to go to the pool for water volleyball.

Our kitchen does not have the greatest ducting for the hvac in the cold so I have a heater in there now - it was in one room upstairs for ancillary heat for the guests. Heat pumps are not efficient when it is 24 wind chill down to 9. It was 65 in there while I made breakfast, which is fine when I am moving about. This weather doesn't last long here - it takes us all by surprise when it hits. I forgot to mention I also have Uggs on.
whattha.gif
PS Inn-2-go my mother emailed in her tank top getting ready to go to the pool for water volleyball..
I love my retro Uggs...I've had them since 1987-88, they have that VERY 80's decorative trim where the back seam is. Tres chic!

I don't know how you can live in all that white stuff. I am ready to snow bird it after only on snow. I have on two pairs of socks right now too - can't handle the cold - the drafty floors either..
I have on two pairs of socks right now too - can't handle the cold - the drafty floors either.
We each shut ourselves up in our lairs - DH gets the side w/thermostat and is over the furnace room. I bought him a heated floor mat that he can turn on to keep his feet warm and he has a small electric heater on the floor aimed at his legs. I usually neglect to turn my heater on (I am on the cold side of the house) but I sit with a throw over my legs and if it is REAL cold will wear the silk glove liners - warm hands but no bulk to them. I keep the heat on minimum upstairs to save my plaster and higher in the bathrooms to save my pipes. We are in a deeper cold than usual right now. Usual temp is in the twenties & thirties.
Edited to add: It is ultra important to keep DH warm. If he gets a chill in his polio leg it usually means a 3 week hospital/bed at home gig. He has a steel shaft in his thigh of his polio leg from the motorcycle acident and there is a resident infection that only raises its ugle head if he gets a bad draft/cold on that leg.

whattha.gif
PS Inn-2-go my mother emailed in her tank top getting ready to go to the pool for water volleyball..
Joey Bloggs said:
PS Inn-2-go my mother emailed in her tank top getting ready to go to the pool for water volleyball.
It's pretty splendid here right now so I'm sure down in San Diego things much just be balmy.
Of course, winter rains will come eventually. At least we all hope so! Back in Marin (my home county) our reservoirs are all close to empty...

uggs uggs uggs. i love mine. they go in and out of style but they keep my feet warm with heavy socks and i am so happy to have them. i should wear a smaller size because i clomp clomp around in them probably annoying anyone who hears me.
i can't tell if it's just blowing or snowing right now. it's hard to tell.
maine is supposed to be getting more snow. don't know how that affects the innpeeps.
i'm accustomed to snow in winter. it's getting around in it and all the shoveling that is hard. but i can't complain. my sister up in fort fairfield, maine, gets more snow and frigid cold than i could stand.

Here on the California Central Coast it's right now 76 beautiful degrees!.
I'm coming to CA the end of this month - will you still be there? Fly into San Diego the 21st, drive up to Newport Coast, hopefully go to see a Dr. Phil taping and then back to San Diego - fly out on the 28th. Will it still be warm then?!

I am hot-natured so I am loving, loving, loving all the snow and unusually cold temps we've been having. Winds up to 50 mph today, it really sounds like the big, bad wolf is outside the door! I don't know, there's something about being safe, snug and warm inside when it's retched outside that just makes me feel good. I couldn't live without my 4 seasons.

I am hot-natured so I am loving, loving, loving all the snow and unusually cold temps we've been having. Winds up to 50 mph today, it really sounds like the big, bad wolf is outside the door! I don't know, there's something about being safe, snug and warm inside when it's retched outside that just makes me feel good. I couldn't live without my 4 seasons..
I like 4 seasons - just prefer winter to be a tad warmer.
Here I sit complaining - it only took one year for us to acclamate. first year here winter was the normal teens to 20s at night and 30s to 40s during the day. We ran around in Spring jackets because we were used to the 25 below to highs of single digits in Chicago. The next year we were back in our Chicago winter jackets here because we were as COLD as everyone else! Got spoiled with the mild winters we had for a few years. We are going back to the winters we had when I was a kid - snow. But when I was a kid, we got the weather Chicago had, just 3 days later. I now live 100 miles south and there is a ridge that keeps that nasty stuff north of us - except when a storm comes from the south..........

I am hot-natured so I am loving, loving, loving all the snow and unusually cold temps we've been having. Winds up to 50 mph today, it really sounds like the big, bad wolf is outside the door! I don't know, there's something about being safe, snug and warm inside when it's retched outside that just makes me feel good. I couldn't live without my 4 seasons..
I like 4 seasons - just prefer winter to be a tad warmer.
Here I sit complaining - it only took one year for us to acclamate. first year here winter was the normal teens to 20s at night and 30s to 40s during the day. We ran around in Spring jackets because we were used to the 25 below to highs of single digits in Chicago. The next year we were back in our Chicago winter jackets here because we were as COLD as everyone else! Got spoiled with the mild winters we had for a few years. We are going back to the winters we had when I was a kid - snow. But when I was a kid, we got the weather Chicago had, just 3 days later. I now live 100 miles south and there is a ridge that keeps that nasty stuff north of us - except when a storm comes from the south..........
It is amazing how fast you get acclimated to where you are. We lived in NC for several years and would FREEZE every winter when we went home to visit.

Here on the California Central Coast it's right now 76 beautiful degrees!.
I'm coming to CA the end of this month - will you still be there? Fly into San Diego the 21st, drive up to Newport Coast, hopefully go to see a Dr. Phil taping and then back to San Diego - fly out on the 28th. Will it still be warm then?!
I'll be in California but much further north up in Mendo.
As for the weather, well, that's always hit or miss in California in the winter. Could be sublime, could be slides everywhere. Just no way of knowing.
But the weather in the south, especially as far south as San Diego, is much much milder in the winter than in the northern counties. So chances are very good that even if the whole week isn't perfect, you'll have a lot of perfect days in there somewhere!

Here in the Deep South it is cold........for us. Barely above freezing right now and it will go down to the 20s...again, for at least a week. We do get these cold snaps here and that's why I'll always have gas heat on the lower floor. Likey Joey says, you just never do feel warm with electric heat pumps in these 100+ year old homes when it is this cold. (Great for the majority of the year when you need A/C.)

Back