Yummy Noises

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Had to share guest comments as I served breakfast this morning...
"There should be a fanfare for this"
"There should be music playing when you serve this"
"There should be angels singing!"
HA!
teeth_smile.gif

Almost makes up for the tub leak, bathroom jumper day...

Now that's a good breakfast!
I've had a couple of guests sound like Meg Ryan in 'When Harry Met Sally' while eating the blackberry french toast.

I've had a couple of guests sound like Meg Ryan in 'When Harry Met Sally' while eating the blackberry french toast..
Hey, could you post the blackberry french toast recipe? I think our wild blackberry bushes will give us fruit this year due to the rains we are getting!
Thanks!
Riki

I've had a couple of guests sound like Meg Ryan in 'When Harry Met Sally' while eating the blackberry french toast..
Hey, could you post the blackberry french toast recipe? I think our wild blackberry bushes will give us fruit this year due to the rains we are getting!
Thanks!
Riki
I'll go dig it out. We're not even close to blackberries being ready yet.

What did you serve for those comments? Like to share?
Cograts...
It was the individual egg souffles that got the gasps, plus Norwegian pancakes with homemade apricot jam and whipped cream, potatoes and Can. Bacon.
I stole the egg bake recipe from the Lanier site and adapted it for individual cups, it's a show stopper, puffs up like a popover.
The original recipe calls for
18 eggs (beaten)
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C Milk
1 tsp Salt
1/4 C butter
Chives to top
Melt butter in 12x9 baking pan in 350 oven, mix all ingredients, pour into hot pan, top with chives, cook 20 minutes on convection or until puffy and set. serves 10.
For Individual Souffle:
If I have 10 guests I use the recipe above, but cook in ramekins not the pan. If I have fewer guests, I cut down the recipe depending on how many I have and figure 2 eggs per guest and adjust other ingredients accordingly. (Sorry I'm an "eye-ball it" cook!) Melt 1/2 tsp butter into a souffle ramekin, fill half way with mixture, I top with fresh Parsley instead of chives. Cook 15-20 minutes on convection until they puff and are set. Serve immediately.
You have to time this one to come out when you are ready to serve, you have about 10 minutes of "life" in the souffle.
If you don't have a convection oven, just cook a little longer...
Enjoy!

Make sure your oven is hot, souffle cups or pan are hot and butter is melted before pouring in egg mix. !

Cograts...
It was the individual egg souffles that got the gasps, plus Norwegian pancakes with homemade apricot jam and whipped cream, potatoes and Can. Bacon.
I stole the egg bake recipe from the Lanier site and adapted it for individual cups, it's a show stopper, puffs up like a popover.
18 eggs (beaten)
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C Milk
1 tsp Salt
1/4 C butter
Chives to top
Melt butter in 12x9 baking pan in 350 oven, mix all ingredients, pour into hot pan, top with chives, cook 20 minutes on convection or until puffy and set. serves 10.
For Individual Souffle:
If I have 10 guests I use the recipe above, but cook in ramekins not the pan. If I have fewer guests, I cut down the recipe depending on how many I have and figure 2 eggs per guest and adjust other ingredients accordingly. (Sorry I'm an "eye-ball it" cook!) Melt 1/2 tsp butter into a souffle ramekin, fill half way with mixture, I top with fresh Parsley instead of chives. Cook 15-20 minutes on convection until they puff and are set. Serve immediately.
You have to time this one to come out when you are ready to serve, you have about 10 minutes of "life" in the souffle.
Enjoy!
That sounds great. I just copied this over into a recipe in the recipe section and gave you credit for it as well as made it so you are the author, so you can edit it if you need to.

Cograts...
18 eggs (beaten)
1/2 C sour cream
1/2 C Milk
1 tsp Salt
1/4 C butter
Chives to top
For Individual Souffle:
Enjoy!
What size ramekins? Ozs or diameter.

Back