Anyone listed on I lv inns?

20 replies [Last post]
Offline
Joined:
06/24/2008

Just got an email from them today touting:

"Take advantage of the 100,000 brand new Hallmark Channel travelers who have asked for bed and breakfast information from us."

Have any of you (those listed) noticed a drastic rise in views or bookings from this site since the airing of Cypress Cove?  I watched the show every week and did not see one single commercial for the said directory.  I know they were hosting a contest but other than me receiving an email (trying to get me to list my B&B) I saw nothing.  

Just wondering if I missed something, and if the site is preforming better than in the past due to the connection with the series.

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

I dropped them this year and used the money towards my new TA business listing. Believe me, I'm not a TA fan, but we've already had 2 confirmed bookings (confirmed by inntell-a-keeper) that have paid for the listing...and this is our slow time, so the rest of the year is all gravy!

Aussie Innkeeper's picture
Offline
Joined:
01/16/2010

I've decided to drop them this year, too. Using the $$ toward a Go ogl e Virtual Tour. 

__________________

Lynne
Queen of Everything!

 

Momma Smurf's picture
Offline
Joined:
12/06/2010

We have 360 degree Google Virtual Tours on our website:  entire Inn, outside Gardens, individual rooms.  Guests love them.  Excellent feedback.

__________________

The Truth and an Open Mind Shall Set You Free

 

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

Momma Smurf wrote:

We have 360 degree Google Virtual Tours on our website:  entire Inn, outside Gardens, individual rooms.  Guests love them.  Excellent feedback.

Wow that is impressive. The lighting is really cheerful and amazing in the tour. It made me wanna book a room!

__________________

Gluten free is never free. - Joey Bloggs

 

Momma Smurf's picture
Offline
Joined:
12/06/2010

Was filmed in January... lighting in inn was very dark, but the photographer told us not to worry, that Google uses special enhancing software for the light and seaming all the transitions.  Knowing the powerful technology of Google, we trusted him and the results were amazing.

If anyone else is interested in web address, just contact me via 'spiring.

Plus tour shows up when you search for us on Google and on maps.  You can embed any portions anywhere on your website.

 

Offline
Joined:
06/26/2008

Could you send me a link to your tour 

?

Momma Smurf's picture
Offline
Joined:
12/06/2010

Use my contact info here to email me, so I don't have to post my website on the site.cheeky

Never mind, I just sent link to your email contact. 

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

How long did it take and what kind of price range are we talking about?

I just looked on your website and it looks wonderful. MUCH better than the old quicktime videos out there!

Momma Smurf's picture
Offline
Joined:
12/06/2010

Keep in mind we had lots of rooms done.  There is a minimum $475 fee for 5 camera positions; each position after that is $50.  Not including the outdoor tour, we had a total of 20+ positions which came to $1200 for the interior.  I believe Google allows prices to vary with photographer.  You also are guaranteed 8-15 professional still shots that you may use on your website.

 

Actually they now seem to have a set pricing structure:  http://insidestreetview.net/features/pricing/

Offline
Joined:
01/12/2013

Thank you for this info!  I find this very interesting and will be looking into it.

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

Thanks! That's great info!

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

In January I have to make a decision about BBFinder. I dropped all the others long ago for the same reason - lack of performance. I have kept this last one since 2011 when I replaced the last dropped one with them. Just about the same results - but i have used it as my "shotgun" marketing because it cost less than the others getting the same results. I am thinking of going into the weddings/elopement directories this year instead to see what happens.  As Yul Brenner said, "Tis a puzzlement!"

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

I made the decision on Finder.

Kind of funny was they mentioned how they share my place on social media. etc. When in effect I share THEM 100 times more on social media. This is not doing homework and seeing who we are, I suppose.

I have contributed to the pinterest pages, shared them on fb and all social media galore.

Hm, I guess that means, it just hit me, I am no longer on ANY B&B directories!   Listing, yes, for state tourism, etc. Innrewards, yes, CVB yes.

You are the first person I have met who quotes Yul Brenner. haha

gillumhouse's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

Joey Bloggs wrote:

I made the decision on Finder.

Kind of funny was they mentioned how they share my place on social media. etc. When in effect I share THEM 100 times more on social media. This is not doing homework and seeing who we are, I suppose.

I have contributed to the pinterest pages, shared them on fb and all social media galore.

Hm, I guess that means, it just hit me, I am no longer on ANY B&B directories!   Listing, yes, for state tourism, etc. Innrewards, yes, CVB yes.

You are the first person I have met who quotes Yul Brenner. haha

He IS the King!

Offline
Joined:
10/07/2008

gillumhouse wrote:

Joey Bloggs wrote:

I made the decision on Finder.

Kind of funny was they mentioned how they share my place on social media. etc. When in effect I share THEM 100 times more on social media. This is not doing homework and seeing who we are, I suppose.

I have contributed to the pinterest pages, shared them on fb and all social media galore.

Hm, I guess that means, it just hit me, I am no longer on ANY B&B directories!   Listing, yes, for state tourism, etc. Innrewards, yes, CVB yes.

You are the first person I have met who quotes Yul Brenner. haha

He IS the King!

Oh yeahhh!

Offline
Joined:
01/12/2013

I dropped them several years back and have absolutely no regrets.  Waste of money, IMO

Offline
Joined:
05/22/2008

What the???? I wasted and I do mean wasted....my time watching that entire show and never once heard a mention of them.

Yes there was some internet advertising etc...but can't imagine that generated anything.

Breakfast Diva's picture
Offline
Joined:
05/26/2009

They're great at talking themselves up, and that's about all.

Offline
Joined:
08/07/2008

I watch Cedar Cove too and don't remember any commercials.  I dropped I love Inns about 5 years ago and never looked back.  Don't need 'em

Offline
Joined:
06/24/2008

scrambled_eggs wrote:

I watch Cedar Cove too and don't remember any commercials.  I dropped I love Inns about 5 years ago and never looked back.  Don't need 'em

Cedar / Cypress  ----  lol  My head is in the swamp!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.