A B&B Special Giveaway (JB)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:
Since I was not able to pair with a blogger, I decided to do a contest myself. Cowabunga!!! The results are amazing so far! On our FB page, I posted a 1 night free gift certificate (all regular reservation and cancellation policies apply) and it expires at the end of the year.
I posted it 12 hours ago (8:30pm) and we now have 125 new fans (we started with 611), it's been shared 234 times and the stats say that it's been seen by 13,728 people!
I've got the contest going until 3/31, so I plan on posting it a couple more times before the end of the month.
I think this may actually be better than pairing with a blogger because it's using our fan base to spread the word. Hopefully their friends are the same general 'type' people and would like what their friends like.
To enter our contest, they must 'like' our page and then they must 'share' the post on their page. I'll then take all the names for the shares and put them in a randomizer and have it pick a name at random..
PS I am not entering it, but I shared so others I know who live up your way can enter (Puget Sound region). Nice work!

Update:
Since I was not able to pair with a blogger, I decided to do a contest myself. Cowabunga!!! The results are amazing so far! On our FB page, I posted a 1 night free gift certificate (all regular reservation and cancellation policies apply) and it expires at the end of the year.
I posted it 12 hours ago (8:30pm) and we now have 125 new fans (we started with 611), it's been shared 234 times and the stats say that it's been seen by 13,728 people!
I've got the contest going until 3/31, so I plan on posting it a couple more times before the end of the month.
I think this may actually be better than pairing with a blogger because it's using our fan base to spread the word. Hopefully their friends are the same general 'type' people and would like what their friends like.
To enter our contest, they must 'like' our page and then they must 'share' the post on their page. I'll then take all the names for the shares and put them in a randomizer and have it pick a name at random..
PS I am not entering it, but I shared so others I know who live up your way can enter (Puget Sound region). Nice work!
Joey Bloggs said:
But if you won, it might actually get you back to the NW for a visit!

IF YOU HAVE EVER seen the stats on one person has on avg 150 friends on FB, and if they each see it, then it is 1000 friends (or whatever the stats are), and so on and so on and how you can reach (VIRAL) 500,000 in an hour...
If everyone here - this forum who is on FB shared the love with the others we could actually "be some-body" said in my best Marlon Brando text...
Now THAT'S a social media marketing campaign.

IF YOU HAVE EVER seen the stats on one person has on avg 150 friends on FB, and if they each see it, then it is 1000 friends (or whatever the stats are), and so on and so on and how you can reach (VIRAL) 500,000 in an hour...
If everyone here - this forum who is on FB shared the love with the others we could actually "be some-body" said in my best Marlon Brando text...
Now THAT'S a social media marketing campaign..
Joey Bloggs said:
Now THAT'S a social media marketing campaign.
You bet 'ya! And most of those fit the mold of being B&B goers as well..

Update:
That is amazing. Seriously amazing. I'll think about that for later in the year. Heck, I'LL go like it and share it!

Update:
Great Job!
Ok, so... Miss BreakfastDiva Ma'am... Can you give us a link to your FB page or a hint or something so we can help spread the love - I dunno who you are
embaressed_smile.gif

*lol*

Update:
That is amazing. Seriously amazing. I'll think about that for later in the year. Heck, I'LL go like it and share it!
I'm blown away with the numbers. I don't know if/how this will translate into $ later on, but we now (36 hours after start) have gone from our initial 611 'fans' to 1,098 'fans' and it doesn't seem to slow down. I've been randomly checking their locations and most are from our target areas that we market to.
Amazing!

Update:
I'm blown away with the numbers. I don't know if/how this will translate into $ later on, but we now (36 hours after start) have gone from our initial 611 'fans' to 1,098 'fans' and it doesn't seem to slow down. I've been randomly checking their locations and most are from our target areas that we market to.
Amazing!
Breakfast Diva said:
Amazing!
HURRAH!

Update:
Amazing!
Fantastic!

Update:
Amazing!
Very, very cool! Have FUN with it!

The winner of the gc never stayed, and it has now expired.
So boy was THIS good bang for our buck! Not sure if we got any bookings, but we did get name recognition from it, and some followers on FB who are there regularly now. :)
Just wanted to let you know, fyi. I may have to do another one.

Back