A great bunch indeed

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
I was looking for dates for the next PAII Conference and saw the forum there and went in for a peek, and no offense to that forum, but this forum ROCKS!
The personality, the fun, the bits of innformation, photos, stories, feedback, and sharing makes this so wonderful here. If I haven't told you lately, you are a great bunch indeed!
And YES we all get our knickers in a twist from time to time, just like we do in our real lives off-line. It's good for us, it's all part of this thing we call life.
Keep on sharing everyone...CHEERS!
thumbs_up.gif

(PS if you have not met any of these fine innmates in person, it really does make a difference, as always if you are in Virginia or any state nearby, please contact me!)

I visit the PAII forum a couple of times a week. This one is MUCH better, though there are a handful of folks over there who would be wonderful to have here...and a handful I hope stay away from here!
I DO like that people over there can use their real names and photos because it requires login and only members can view the posts...I think.

I visit the PAII forum a couple of times a week. This one is MUCH better, though there are a handful of folks over there who would be wonderful to have here...and a handful I hope stay away from here!
I DO like that people over there can use their real names and photos because it requires login and only members can view the posts...I think..
It is that way, on and off. I was able to view it without logging in, again. Let them know, so they can keep me out. I get in enough trouble over here.
shades_smile.gif

and I agree, 6 of one half dozen of another...I was on a forum that was hideous as my first experience, so when people complain about strong personalities here, I laugh, you have NO IDEA.

That other forum moves at a snail's pace! I only check in a couple times a month.
You're right...this forum rocks!

I DO like that people over there can use their real names and photos because it requires login and only members can view the posts...I think..
I used that forum tremendously when we were first looking at properties. Had a funny response one time from the owner of an inn right down the street from where we bought! When we moved in I thanked him for giving me some valuable advice.
Then I got sucked into the free forum on About.com. I didn't see the usefulness of paying to talk as I wasn't using any of the other PAII resources.
Then, because the moderator on About didn't actually moderate, Steve created this space and here we are.
There are people on here I have been chatting with for TEN years who I wouldn't recognize if they walked thru the door!
The PAII forum does have some technical hotshots that we don't have here. That's about what's missing.
Even tho you sign on as yourself with your inn name and all really doesn't stop anyone from slamming you if they think you're knuckleheaded. Or even if you want to do something different. Then again, backing off and letting everyone run an excellent business differently is something that is personality driven. (We do the same slamming here but anonymously makes it seem more threatening.)
We really should try to set knuckleheads straight, but it's determining who's a knucklehead and who's just on the bleeding edge of the next big thing that's the problem!

Agreed! I read the PAii forum for about a year but found that I learned nothing new and nothing that made me think about my business. I love the group of people here! All the ideas, the pats on the back, life preservers, and the :)) when you need it.
I found the About site too and was there until Steve started this one and some great people steered me over.
Thanks to all here & to Steve who made it happen and keeps the bunny in motion.

I like this place because you understand why im excited today as my new upstairs cupboard is finished! when we restructured the top landing to make everything ensuite - we ended up with what was the 2 private bathrooms spare. the one belonging to room 5 we pulled everything out and made into very much needed storage but ran out of time to do the one for room 6. So this monday tuesday we did it - toilet out, sink out and shower out - all shelving in and all stuff on! looks fab will help with housekeeping and means the ugly cupboard we had to have on the top landing with sheets in has gone off to the tip today! looks so much better!
Front garden is to be landscaped from monday for 4 days! am super excited as it will improve our appearance from the road ie better for walkin's and delegates staying year on year from the conference center! got measured up for all the hall carpets and it is actually quite a bit cheaper than what I thought it would be so we hopefully will get that and a bathroom done before the end of the year!

I like this place because you understand why im excited today as my new upstairs cupboard is finished! when we restructured the top landing to make everything ensuite - we ended up with what was the 2 private bathrooms spare. the one belonging to room 5 we pulled everything out and made into very much needed storage but ran out of time to do the one for room 6. So this monday tuesday we did it - toilet out, sink out and shower out - all shelving in and all stuff on! looks fab will help with housekeeping and means the ugly cupboard we had to have on the top landing with sheets in has gone off to the tip today! looks so much better!
Front garden is to be landscaped from monday for 4 days! am super excited as it will improve our appearance from the road ie better for walkin's and delegates staying year on year from the conference center! got measured up for all the hall carpets and it is actually quite a bit cheaper than what I thought it would be so we hopefully will get that and a bathroom done before the end of the year!.
Got pictures? Would love to see!

I used that forum tremendously when we were first looking at properties. Had a funny response one time from the owner of an inn right down the street from where we bought! When we moved in I thanked him for giving me some valuable advice.
Then I got sucked into the free forum on About.com. I didn't see the usefulness of paying to talk as I wasn't using any of the other PAII resources.
Then, because the moderator on About didn't actually moderate, Steve created this space and here we are.
There are people on here I have been chatting with for TEN years who I wouldn't recognize if they walked thru the door!
The PAII forum does have some technical hotshots that we don't have here. That's about what's missing.
Even tho you sign on as yourself with your inn name and all really doesn't stop anyone from slamming you if they think you're knuckleheaded. Or even if you want to do something different. Then again, backing off and letting everyone run an excellent business differently is something that is personality driven. (We do the same slamming here but anonymously makes it seem more threatening.)
We really should try to set knuckleheads straight, but it's determining who's a knucklehead and who's just on the bleeding edge of the next big thing that's the problem!
Madeleine said:
Even tho you sign on as yourself with your inn name and all really doesn't stop anyone from slamming you if they think you're knuckleheaded.
Oh no, the sign-in doesn't protect us from each other, but it's supposed to keep the general public from finding the forum through a Google search and seeing things they shouldn't see, which I assume is why most use pseudonyms here.

Madeleine said:
Even tho you sign on as yourself with your inn name and all really doesn't stop anyone from slamming you if they think you're knuckleheaded.
Oh no, the sign-in doesn't protect us from each other, but it's supposed to keep the general public from finding the forum through a Google search and seeing things they shouldn't see, which I assume is why most use pseudonyms here.
No..we just don't want others to know who we are. Guests could figure out who was talking about them. Etc etc. We have our ways and have figured out who most of us are..but the world doesn't have to know. this is our safe haven for venting
tounge_smile.gif

Front garden is to be landscaped from monday for 4 days! am super excited as it will improve our appearance from the road ie better for walkin's and delegates staying year on year from the conference center! got measured up for all the hall carpets and it is actually quite a bit cheaper than what I thought it would be so we hopefully will get that and a bathroom done before the end of the year!.
Cambs - I am so happy for you!! You are always doing something to make things better. You will go far!
BTW, DH has decided that I usually have good ideas re the business so he is no longer bucking me about the Elopement Package.

Madeleine said:
You may have been around for the debacle when a guest handed me a pile of 'things to do' she had pulled from About.com and then mentioned there was an innkeeper's forum she had looked at. This after I blasted her on said forum. It would have been hard not to recognize said self.
And then I was outed by another innkeeper to a guest we 'share'. (It's ok, I'm over it!)
So I randomly change my avatar and get a whole new id. Which takes some folks here all of 30 seconds to figure out.

Agreed! I read the PAii forum for about a year but found that I learned nothing new and nothing that made me think about my business. I love the group of people here! All the ideas, the pats on the back, life preservers, and the :)) when you need it.
I found the About site too and was there until Steve started this one and some great people steered me over.
Thanks to all here & to Steve who made it happen and keeps the bunny in motion..
thumbs_up.gif

I love it here, where I come to relax, learn and share. I don't like aggressive confrontation, even if it is anonymous, and you folks on this forum know how to balance straight talk with kindness. It's a great place to visit, even if I can't be "out" because of the risks of guests seeing things they shouldn't see on the web.

I love it here, where I come to relax, learn and share. I don't like aggressive confrontation, even if it is anonymous, and you folks on this forum know how to balance straight talk with kindness. It's a great place to visit, even if I can't be "out" because of the risks of guests seeing things they shouldn't see on the web..
Silverspoon said:
I love it here, where I come to relax, learn and share. I don't like aggressive confrontation, even if it is anonymous, and you folks on this forum know how to balance straight talk with kindness. It's a great place to visit, even if I can't be "out" because of the risks of guests seeing things they shouldn't see on the web.
thumbs_up.gif
and the thing is, it is just that ONE BAD APPLE. We don't need to be inncognito for most, but if we want to discuss "bunk" bugs we don't want our B&B name next to that conversation so it comes up in a search! The internet is forever. We have to be on the side of caution.

I love it here, where I come to relax, learn and share. I don't like aggressive confrontation, even if it is anonymous, and you folks on this forum know how to balance straight talk with kindness. It's a great place to visit, even if I can't be "out" because of the risks of guests seeing things they shouldn't see on the web..
Thank you, Silverspoon, for saying that the folks here balance straight talk with kindness! It's the truth! I never understand when some new people to the forum don't get that the discussions here are meant to protect them from making big mistakes that others may have learned from.
Great group of folks here & I'm lucky to have met and to be friends with some of you! :)

Back