A tale of two families

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've seen it here, too. One family of all adults (siblings, in laws) refused to stay out of the kitchen. One went so far, when I was in the kitchen, as to put her toes exactly on the 'line' between the different flooring types and mock me, "I'm not IN your kitchen." Then she thrust a bag of food at me and said, "if I can't cook this then you have to." That still has the power to rile me 8 years later.
Others have totally cleaned up after themselves if we only just give them a trash bag to do so. Easy peasy.
Some you don't even know are in the house..
Sounds like the Dutch doors are for you. Then you can control access while still letting people see your personal cooking show. Once we have SOMEplace, that is on my mind.
Man, this place is SO educational. After a few months, feel like it is Tony Robbins Personal Power course... for innkeeper wannabes :)
As for the attitudes, only so much you can do. I tend to feel sorry for people with such comments.
This is my kitchen. All of it. The entire thing. The counter at the front is where we put out the guest coffee in the morning. It is not
a work surface for the kitchen.
kitchenonly_1.JPG

.No room for doors. If we put something behind the counter to block access then guests fall over it and get hurt.
Not seeing the picture :-( (did you take it down?)
Sorry yes. It's too obviously my kitchen. I have it on the reno page on my website, tho. Well no, I guess I don't. And it looks like the renovations page on the blog didn't work. Busy day tomorrow!

We've seen it here, too. One family of all adults (siblings, in laws) refused to stay out of the kitchen. One went so far, when I was in the kitchen, as to put her toes exactly on the 'line' between the different flooring types and mock me, "I'm not IN your kitchen." Then she thrust a bag of food at me and said, "if I can't cook this then you have to." That still has the power to rile me 8 years later.
Others have totally cleaned up after themselves if we only just give them a trash bag to do so. Easy peasy.
Sounds like the Dutch doors are for you. Then you can control access while still letting people see your personal cooking show. Once we have SOMEplace, that is on my mind.
Man, this place is SO educational. After a few months, feel like it is Tony Robbins Personal Power course... for innkeeper wannabes :)
As for the attitudes, only so much you can do. I tend to feel sorry for people with such comments.
This is my kitchen. All of it. The entire thing. The counter at the front is where we put out the guest coffee in the morning. It is not
kitchenonly_1.JPG

.No room for doors. If we put something behind the counter to block access then guests fall over it and get hurt.
Harborfields said:
On the blog, under 'renovations' you can see the whole dang mess!

kitchenonly_1.JPG

Harborfields said:
I can't.

kitchenonly_1.JPG

Harborfields said:
I can't.
Charlie said:
Odd. I couldn't see it on my tablet but I can on the laptop. Maybe I can send a link to you.

kitchenonly_1.JPG

Harborfields said:
Yep, that's pretty cramped...

kitchenonly_1.JPG

Harborfields said:
I can't.
Charlie said:
Odd. I couldn't see it on my tablet but I can on the laptop. Maybe I can send a link to you.
I would like a link too, please.

Had a family make a rez for 2 rooms. There is a place to select number of adults and number of children. 4 adults, 0 children, until I read the notes about what the children want for breakfast. Hmmm. How many children? No idea. Have to email guest.

Back