? about decanters

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know you want an add on, but we simply keep a pitcher of homemade lemonade with fresh mint (or perhaps some berries) in our dining room mini fridge, paper cups available... not very costly and much appreciated..
Momma Smurf said:
I know you want an add on, but we simply keep a pitcher of homemade lemonade with fresh mint (or perhaps some berries) in our dining room mini fridge, paper cups available... not very costly and much appreciated.
Where do you find the time to make lemonade? By check-in I am still behind a towering pile of laundry!
Poppa makes it... and does the laundry!
teeth_smile.gif

I know you want an add on, but we simply keep a pitcher of homemade lemonade with fresh mint (or perhaps some berries) in our dining room mini fridge, paper cups available... not very costly and much appreciated..
Momma Smurf said:
I know you want an add on, but we simply keep a pitcher of homemade lemonade with fresh mint (or perhaps some berries) in our dining room mini fridge, paper cups available... not very costly and much appreciated.
Where do you find the time to make lemonade? By check-in I am still behind a towering pile of laundry!
teeth_smile.gif

Momma Smurf said:
teeth_smile.gif
Gomez is at the grocery store or fixing something after we finish cleaning the rooms. On slow days I can make iced tea, but there are few of those. We're already blocking rooms. We know we can't flip 7 rooms everyday and keep our sanity. Hopefully, we can keep a reliable housekeeper this summer.

Momma Smurf said:
teeth_smile.gif

Momma Smurf said:
teeth_smile.gif
Gomez is at the grocery store or fixing something after we finish cleaning the rooms. On slow days I can make iced tea, but there are few of those. We're already blocking rooms. We know we can't flip 7 rooms everyday and keep our sanity. Hopefully, we can keep a reliable housekeeper this summer.
No housekeeper here ever. After years of managing 1000s of employees and their problems (including reliability), I always say that having to supervise Poppa is tough enough! Luckily only 6 rooms, quite sure 7 would be our tipping point. We usually make one big shopping trip a week to that city south of the border, then run to the local Hannies in town if need be.
This year we are sending out pre-arrival emails the day before re-reminding folks that check in is 3-6, unless they make arrangements ahead of time. Has been working amazingly well, which means more time for us.... she says now that it is 8 o'clock and we haven't dragged ourselves upstairs yet.

Momma Smurf said:
teeth_smile.gif

Momma Smurf said:
teeth_smile.gif
No housekeeper here ever. After years of managing 1000s of employees and their problems (including reliability), I always say that having to supervise Poppa is tough enough! Luckily only 6 rooms, quite sure 7 would be our tipping point. We usually make one big shopping trip a week to that city south of the border, then run to the local Hannies in town if need be.
This year we are sending out pre-arrival emails the day before re-reminding folks that check in is 3-6, unless they make arrangements ahead of time. Has been working amazingly well, which means more time for us.... she says now that it is 8 o'clock and we haven't dragged ourselves upstairs yet.
I know we're horribly disorganized. It seems to take us forever to get things done. Even sending the emails out doesn't stop the early arrivals. That's what the 'check-in time' sign is for.
And, yes, it's the 7th room that does us in!

I love grapes with cheese. I used to put out crackers but they'd go stale or soggy. So switched to a small loaf of crusty bread. You know the kind, with a little dust of flour on it. Wrapped in a towel, On a bread board.

OK, peeps! We say guests don't read... I am not setting up a lemonade stand in the dining room and trying to sell lemonade drinks to the guests.
If you were a guest ordering an add on that included a soft drink/iced tea/lemonade what amount would you expect for 2 people?
It INCLUDES a drink. It is not JUST a drink.
:).
I would click on the 17oz poll option <grin>. Ice tea is part of the welcome here in summer. I make it from Tetleys, just because that's my ordinary brew. They have to add the sweet if they like it that way.

Ok just wondering what size did you decide on doing. I would be interested? You know how I went. I had a hard time to decide what size of bottles of sparkling flavored water to get. . I decide on the 375 ML.

After looking at dozens of these online, finally deciding on which ones to buy, the online distributor was back ordered. Sigh.
In the store today, looking for something completely different (buckets for candy), there were the bottles! All different colors. I got 4. Not made in Italy like the ones I like but should serve the purpose for the cheese trays this weekend.
I'll see how they work out without spending a fortune.
33 oz. The 17 oz ones looked way too small.
Thanks for all the helpful comments!

FYI - I have found the mini sized cider bottles available at several stores now. I think these would go over well too.
Sometimes I think people don't open because they don't want to waste when they only want one glass. These small ones would provide maybe 2 glasses worth... perfect. I would provide 2 of these any you may have the 2nd one left over.
Edited to add that I think some people don't open because they think it is alcohol.

FYI - I have found the mini sized cider bottles available at several stores now. I think these would go over well too.
Sometimes I think people don't open because they don't want to waste when they only want one glass. These small ones would provide maybe 2 glasses worth... perfect. I would provide 2 of these any you may have the 2nd one left over.
Edited to add that I think some people don't open because they think it is alcohol..
I have been getting our WV Sparkling Cider in splits for years. My elopers usually open one split for their toast and save the other for later in their room.
Years ago when I gave cider and goblets to all guests we had one guest who refused it because they "do not drink" until I told her it was cider. I stopped when the glass factory closed and I could not get the goblets any longer.

Back