Airbnb could be banned in Amsterdam

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thing is air B&B is not the problem - its illegal renters - my opinion is use it as a tool to find them and shut them down.

thing is air B&B is not the problem - its illegal renters - my opinion is use it as a tool to find them and shut them down..
Exactly! It is not as if they are hard to find. Just go to the site for their locality and knock on the door. Are you licensed? Show me the license. Not licensed? Here is you citation and summons to Court. And if the "owner" is not there, cite the person who is there the way they arrest the "john" in prostitution stings.

thing is air B&B is not the problem - its illegal renters - my opinion is use it as a tool to find them and shut them down..
Actually, they are exactly the problem:
  1. They are set up to hide the name and address, knowingly.
  2. They are not submitting the required tax paperwork.
    1. They aren't reporting to the local tax authorities.
    2. They are required here as in the UK to collect VAT, but aren't
    3. They aren't reporting the income to the government tax department.
  3. In NY state, they actually trying to use lobbyists to get government to change the law. So they know that they are in violation, but doing nothing about it.
The government also isn't scott free. They should be persuing them for the violations of law. They should be going after those that they do catch to the fullest extent of the law, income tax fraud, property tax fraud, illegally running a B&B, VAT fraud.

3. In NY state, they actually trying to use lobbyists to get government to change the law. So they know that they are in violation, but doing nothing about it.
The government also isn't scott free. They should be persuing them for the violations of law. They should be going after those that they do catch to the fullest extent of the law, income tax fraud, property tax fraud, illegally running a B&B, VAT fraud.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Like my situation today, when the accountant told me "the IRS doesn't consider going to the grocery store a reason for a vehicle required for business." That is my life! Going to the grocery store! They sure as heck don't deliver.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Like my situation today, when the accountant told me "the IRS doesn't consider going to the grocery store a reason for a vehicle required for business." That is my life! Going to the grocery store! They sure as heck don't deliver.
Joey Bloggs said:
Pay for delivery.... it's tax deductable :D

Back