Amenities

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have lost three irons over the past year. Just replaced them. Irons??? Who steals irons?

oh, my goodness...this thread had me laughing and crying at the same time.
I can't believe the guests that you get, Mort. I hope you are still jotting all these things down for a book...
They stay, they pay, they go away... (keep repeating to yourself)

We have lost three irons over the past year. Just replaced them. Irons??? Who steals irons?.
People will steal anything. I lose mugs, bathrobes (I charge their card when they do this because I know who took it - send an email that they must have mistakenly took it and I'll credit the account if they want to return it) and recently a guest stole the bag that says Hairdryer on it from under the vanity. I used to have flashlights plugged into an outlet in the room so that if we lost power, it turned on and guests who have light. $29 each and every single one of them was stolen the first year. No flashlights anymore, I learned my lesson. I'm not surprised by anyone anymore. That's why I won't buy the Roku or Chrome sticks to make the TVs smart. At $40 a pop, I'd be steaming mad when I found one gone. So as I replace a TV, it will become a Smart TV.

We have lost three irons over the past year. Just replaced them. Irons??? Who steals irons?.
People will steal anything. I lose mugs, bathrobes (I charge their card when they do this because I know who took it - send an email that they must have mistakenly took it and I'll credit the account if they want to return it) and recently a guest stole the bag that says Hairdryer on it from under the vanity. I used to have flashlights plugged into an outlet in the room so that if we lost power, it turned on and guests who have light. $29 each and every single one of them was stolen the first year. No flashlights anymore, I learned my lesson. I'm not surprised by anyone anymore. That's why I won't buy the Roku or Chrome sticks to make the TVs smart. At $40 a pop, I'd be steaming mad when I found one gone. So as I replace a TV, it will become a Smart TV.
I'm looking for the flashlights they have in Europe. The flashlight doesn't have an on/off switch, just a weird wall plug. If you take it out, it's on. The wall plug is screwed in, so there is no point in taking it without stealing the wall part and then you have to unscrew that, etc.

We had a wifi booster walk off this past week…. It was stationed in the upstairs hall so who knows who took it!

We had a wifi booster walk off this past week…. It was stationed in the upstairs hall so who knows who took it!
shameless. smh

shameless. smh
The person(s) had to work hard…. push the blanket cart, bend down to the ground to wiggle it out of the plug….
shades_smile.gif

shameless. smh
The person(s) had to work hard…. push the blanket cart, bend down to the ground to wiggle it out of the plug….
shades_smile.gif

Is there a way to run an Ethernet cable to the general area? I use an access point (several) (looks rather like a smoke detector) on the ceiling, power goes to it over the Ethernet cable, seems to provide good signals to all our rooms, can provide more detail if it would be of any interest.

shameless. smh
shades_smile.gif

Is there a way to run an Ethernet cable to the general area? I use an access point (several) (looks rather like a smoke detector) on the ceiling, power goes to it over the Ethernet cable, seems to provide good signals to all our rooms, can provide more detail if it would be of any interest.
Yes, please! Yes, we can run Ethernet cable to the general area.

While we were away some one came and picked all our cherries off the tree. We knew who it was sent a message to them but thing happen. They paid cash so no card to charge them. People do the strangest thing. Some just plain bug me others make me very cross.

Back