And the New Washer is......

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
see this is something I have never understood the USA is a very advanced country with tons of tourism businesses and hotels and yet you don't seem to have the laundry service system we have in the UK and have done for decades - I would never do my own laundry would put me off selling rooms!.
In our area it is a matter of water and waste water. We don't have the infrastructure to handle a large central plant that handles all the laundry. Out here, we all have our own wells and septic systems...only the bigger towns have enough hotel rooms and the infrastructure to handle large volumes of laundry to warrant setting up business. Then, in the winter months, all the tourists are gone and many lodging places close due to lack of business.
Our laundry goes to a bigish city about 80 miles away - they set up there because it is an ex mining town and the area they are in is pretty much shut down so land was cheap and plenty of cheap labour to staff it
They cover 100's of hotels and B&B's and self catering places about 20 in my town alone its big business. For their kind of operation you need a lot of space for the enormous washers (ie get 3 men in) and dryers, stock, lorries, ironing and wrapping machines etc. its a massive automated operation.
You pay for the quality level you want so prices vary - we get 100% cotton and the guests from the reviews are keen, bright brilliant white and I use it myself as its one less thing to wash.
You have just triggered a lot of envy on this forum!
wink_smile.gif

its like Zip and Link beds you don't seem have have them either which baffles me (zip into a superking or seperate into 2 twin beds) means I can cater to whoever I need to.

see this is something I have never understood the USA is a very advanced country with tons of tourism businesses and hotels and yet you don't seem to have the laundry service system we have in the UK and have done for decades - I would never do my own laundry would put me off selling rooms!.
In our area it is a matter of water and waste water. We don't have the infrastructure to handle a large central plant that handles all the laundry. Out here, we all have our own wells and septic systems...only the bigger towns have enough hotel rooms and the infrastructure to handle large volumes of laundry to warrant setting up business. Then, in the winter months, all the tourists are gone and many lodging places close due to lack of business.
Our laundry goes to a bigish city about 80 miles away - they set up there because it is an ex mining town and the area they are in is pretty much shut down so land was cheap and plenty of cheap labour to staff it
They cover 100's of hotels and B&B's and self catering places about 20 in my town alone its big business. For their kind of operation you need a lot of space for the enormous washers (ie get 3 men in) and dryers, stock, lorries, ironing and wrapping machines etc. its a massive automated operation.
You pay for the quality level you want so prices vary - we get 100% cotton and the guests from the reviews are keen, bright brilliant white and I use it myself as its one less thing to wash.
wink_smile.gif

its like Zip and Link beds you don't seem have have them either which baffles me (zip into a superking or seperate into 2 twin beds) means I can cater to whoever I need to.
Jcam said:
Because we don't do twin beds here. Twins are for kids or dorm rooms.

wink_smile.gif

Jcam said:
Because we don't do twin beds here. Twins are for kids or dorm rooms.
Sounds daft buts probably due to land prices - your average room size is bigger so can get in 2 double beds - that here is a suite, you would be lucky to get a camp bed in most double rooms here.

Back