Another...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we can get washcloths for 65 cents and $5 for a bath towel, how come bath mats are so darn expensive!!? And it's difficult to find the ones that are like towel material that you can just wash and dry with the towels. UGH!.
Just bought some at Kmart! They're being shipped and will be here on Friday. I'll let you know if they're any good. $5 each. My hopes are not high but they are Cannon.

If we can get washcloths for 65 cents and $5 for a bath towel, how come bath mats are so darn expensive!!? And it's difficult to find the ones that are like towel material that you can just wash and dry with the towels. UGH!.
Aussie Innkeeper said:
And it's difficult to find the ones that are like towel material that you can just wash and dry with the towels. UGH!
I get mine from Turkish Towels. Really nice. 2013 brochure shows them at $8.33 each (but need to buy a dozen from the hospitality division to get that pricing).
zenith-bath-mats.jpg

So, do you charge them for the trashed washcloth? I know it's just a washcloth, but where's the line drawn? Would you charge for a bath towel, a pillow case, a set of sheets?
We've wondered where to draw our line - where is yours? (asked of everyone).
Kay Nein said:
So, do you charge them for the trashed washcloth? I know it's just a washcloth, but where's the line drawn? Would you charge for a bath towel, a pillow case, a set of sheets?
We've wondered where to draw our line - where is yours? (asked of everyone)
We've charged for a new mattress set. Sheets and towels are COB. I'd love to have charged for the broken toilet that caused the bathroom ceiling downstairs to cave in and for the wall to wall carpet ruined by proactive face cleaner.
That said, I keep my sheet prices under $50. Towels generally run $10.

We've wondered where to draw our line - where is yours? (asked of everyone).
Kay Nein said:
We've wondered where to draw our line - where is yours? (asked of everyone)
We've charged for a new mattress set. Sheets and towels are COB. I'd love to have charged for the broken toilet that caused the bathroom ceiling downstairs to cave in and for the wall to wall carpet ruined by proactive face cleaner.
That said, I keep my sheet prices under $50. Towels generally run $10.
Most of mine are, I just checked, those sheets were $73 a set plus taxes. I have to admit that they are one of the best sets I have EVER owned. They come out beautifully from the dryer, they feel smooth, crisp and look beautiful on the bed. But replacing them... would be over $200.
The sets that I buy now are about $50 to $90 a set.

Have you considered thanking them for the gift of abstract art?.
We were once at a "Starving Artist" show selling DH paintings - trying to anyway. The couple next to us started laughing, I mean rolling with laughter. We asked what was so funny. They pointed to a couple that was out of earshot and said, "Just for the heck of it, we framed our paint rag. They just bought it." Abstract art.

Aussie Innkeeper said:
And it's difficult to find the ones that are like towel material that you can just wash and dry with the towels. UGH!
I get mine from Turkish Towels. Really nice. 2013 brochure shows them at $8.33 each (but need to buy a dozen from the hospitality division to get that pricing).
zenith-bath-mats.jpg

Thanks Arks. One of the good things about all white towels, etc.... you can get towels from one place, facecloths from another, etc.....
Facecloths come from whenever I find a deal, because people will use them for those odd dirty jobs.
Scored a dozen pairs of white pillowcases recently. Sometimes the odd pillowcase falls victim to mystery stains too. Don't mind ironing those.

Aussie Innkeeper said:
zenith-bath-mats.jpg

Do you use the Lexi or Zenith line?

Mine are Zenith..
Arks said:
Mine are Zenith.
Turkish Towels? I want to take a look at them. Question - do they actually dry you off or just move the water around? We're really used to a slightly scratchy type of towel that really absorbs water. When we stay someplace where the towels just move the water around it's annoying. It's like you just can't dry off.
Can I get samples of the towels? (Not from you, ha ha.)

Mine are Zenith..
Arks said:
Mine are Zenith.
Turkish Towels? I want to take a look at them. Question - do they actually dry you off or just move the water around? We're really used to a slightly scratchy type of towel that really absorbs water. When we stay someplace where the towels just move the water around it's annoying. It's like you just can't dry off.
Madeleine said:
Arks said:
Mine are Zenith.
Yes, Turkish Towels. They're 100% cotton, so they dry you quite well. They say it's fabric softeners that take away absorbency. The towels are really soft when new, but over time get a little more coarse-feeling. Jon Sable mentioned a fabric softener that does NOT take away absorbency, so I recently started using that and they do seem softer (don't remember the brand right off hand). Time will tell about absorbency.
They'd probably get you a sample. Their website is set up to sell to the public, so you have to contact them to get a commercial log-in so you can see the products and prices for the hospitality market.

Mine are Zenith..
Arks said:
Mine are Zenith.
We recently bought the Turk's Lexi line. The hand towels and wash cloths are more coarse than the bath towels. Has anyone else had that experience? Have been going back and forth with T=wyla for a month now. Maddy, I do think they definitely absorb more water.. even when I pick up a used wash cloth, it's much more weighty when wet than our other previous Cost co towels.

Mine are Zenith..
Arks said:
Mine are Zenith.
Madeleine said:
Arks said:
Mine are Zenith.
Yes, Turkish Towels. They're 100% cotton, so they dry you quite well. They say it's fabric softeners that take away absorbency. The towels are really soft when new, but over time get a little more coarse-feeling. Jon Sable mentioned a fabric softener that does NOT take away absorbency, so I recently started using that and they do seem softer (don't remember the brand right off hand). Time will tell about absorbency.
They'd probably get you a sample. Their website is set up to sell to the public, so you have to contact them to get a commercial log-in so you can see the products and prices for the hospitality market.
We don't use fabric softeners so we might be ok. I signed up for an account awhile ago, just never used it. Need to get a new password.

Mine are Zenith..
Arks said:
Mine are Zenith.
We recently bought the Turk's Lexi line. The hand towels and wash cloths are more coarse than the bath towels. Has anyone else had that experience? Have been going back and forth with T=wyla for a month now. Maddy, I do think they definitely absorb more water.. even when I pick up a used wash cloth, it's much more weighty when wet than our other previous Cost co towels.
Momma Smurf said:
Road trip! Not now, of course!

Latest posts

Back