Any allergies?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My no milk ended up being no sweat. Everyone likes spinach so I made the Spinach Bake for 3 of them and the no milk lady got a spinach omelet. Each got their loaf of English Muffin Bread. Found a recipe for muffins with no milk. I was out of whole wheat flour so could not make the cranberry triple sec muffins - it uses OJ. Tomorrow will be baked oatmeal since I can make it today and just put it into the oven in the morning..
gillumhouse said:
My no milk ended up being no sweat. Everyone likes spinach so I made the Spinach Bake for 3 of them and the no milk lady got a spinach omelet. Each got their loaf of English Muffin Bread. Found a recipe for muffins with no milk. I was out of whole wheat flour so could not make the cranberry triple sec muffins - it uses OJ. Tomorrow will be baked oatmeal since I can make it today and just put it into the oven in the morning.
ok, wait - this sounds good. I love baked oatmeal. You mix it in the evening and bake it in the morning? That sounds great. I bet it has an even better texture if the oatmeal gets a chance to get softer.
The recipe is in the recipes here. The original (which is what I posted) calls for 1 cup of brown sugar. I found that to be too sweet so I use 1/2 cup. I do a half recipe all the time if I only have one couple and bake it in a smaller loaf pan. Made the full recipe yesterday morning (mixed it Saturday night) and for the first time ever - NONE was left. I am generous with the berries. I now put a layer of red raspberries, then a layer of blackberries, and fill the gaps with blueberries (no I do not measure then out - just what I think it needs). This time I did the tap the pan on the counter to help the oatmeal to settle into the fruit. The vanilla yogurt on the side takes it from super to excellent. It is one of my most requested breakfasts.
Found out the 3-night couple was a 3rd anniversary. I made a small heart-shape cake they found on the dresser when they returned last night (complete with knife, plates, forks, and napkins). I asked if they preferred the egg bake or biscuits & gravy for this morning. It was so cute - he cannot have onion but said make the egg bake because he knew she would prefer that. As they were leaving for their day trip, she came back in to say, he has done everything the way he knows I like it, make the biscuits & gravy because that is what he would like more.
I brought out a saucer with a couple pieces of sausage and a dish with the eggs saying here is the breakfast you ordered sir. Then I went back in the kitchen and brought out the biscuits & gravy - and the breakfast you ordered madam. They were blown away. Told them they reminded me of the O Henry story The Gift of the Magi. Really nice couple.

My no milk ended up being no sweat. Everyone likes spinach so I made the Spinach Bake for 3 of them and the no milk lady got a spinach omelet. Each got their loaf of English Muffin Bread. Found a recipe for muffins with no milk. I was out of whole wheat flour so could not make the cranberry triple sec muffins - it uses OJ. Tomorrow will be baked oatmeal since I can make it today and just put it into the oven in the morning..
gillumhouse said:
My no milk ended up being no sweat. Everyone likes spinach so I made the Spinach Bake for 3 of them and the no milk lady got a spinach omelet. Each got their loaf of English Muffin Bread. Found a recipe for muffins with no milk. I was out of whole wheat flour so could not make the cranberry triple sec muffins - it uses OJ. Tomorrow will be baked oatmeal since I can make it today and just put it into the oven in the morning.
ok, wait - this sounds good. I love baked oatmeal. You mix it in the evening and bake it in the morning? That sounds great. I bet it has an even better texture if the oatmeal gets a chance to get softer.
The recipe is in the recipes here. The original (which is what I posted) calls for 1 cup of brown sugar. I found that to be too sweet so I use 1/2 cup. I do a half recipe all the time if I only have one couple and bake it in a smaller loaf pan. Made the full recipe yesterday morning (mixed it Saturday night) and for the first time ever - NONE was left. I am generous with the berries. I now put a layer of red raspberries, then a layer of blackberries, and fill the gaps with blueberries (no I do not measure then out - just what I think it needs). This time I did the tap the pan on the counter to help the oatmeal to settle into the fruit. The vanilla yogurt on the side takes it from super to excellent. It is one of my most requested breakfasts.
Found out the 3-night couple was a 3rd anniversary. I made a small heart-shape cake they found on the dresser when they returned last night (complete with knife, plates, forks, and napkins). I asked if they preferred the egg bake or biscuits & gravy for this morning. It was so cute - he cannot have onion but said make the egg bake because he knew she would prefer that. As they were leaving for their day trip, she came back in to say, he has done everything the way he knows I like it, make the biscuits & gravy because that is what he would like more.
I brought out a saucer with a couple pieces of sausage and a dish with the eggs saying here is the breakfast you ordered sir. Then I went back in the kitchen and brought out the biscuits & gravy - and the breakfast you ordered madam. They were blown away. Told them they reminded me of the O Henry story The Gift of the Magi. Really nice couple.
gillumhouse said:
Great story! It's fun when you go out of your way and know it's appreciated!

gillumhouse said:
You really are sweet, ya know....a real "people pleaser" for sure! That was a very generous thing to do. Why am I not surprised?
thumbs_up.gif

I'd love to know more about these no milk muffins you speak of. I've had alot of no-milk people lately and it breaks my heart that they can't have my yummy muffins.

I'd love to know more about these no milk muffins you speak of. I've had alot of no-milk people lately and it breaks my heart that they can't have my yummy muffins.
Kay Nein said:
Any recipe that calls for milk - unless it is buttermilk/sour milk - can be made using water instead of the milk. It is the liquid. Buttermilk or sour milk is the active ingredient to make the batter raise if that is called for, so that cannot have a substitute.
The Cranberry Triple Sec muffin on here uses no milk (uses OJ and Grand Marnier but Triple Sec is cheaper). I also have a Banana Muffin recipe that does not use milk - the mashed bananas does it. Will look for the recipe tomorrow.

i make a morning glory muffin that has shredded apples, carrots, crushed pineapple, raisins and sweetened coconut - the wet ingredients are just eggs and canola oil so it's dairy free.. You can find lots of variations to this muffin online. I've even made it using gluten free flour and it's still awesome. Zucchini muffins typically use oil rather than dairy too.

Back