Approaching Other Properties' Unsatisfied Guests?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are three B&B's right close to the town square, us being one of them. We always support each other, sending the other business when full. Or even not clean. Shelley got a referral the other day because a walk-up came to one of the other B&B's and they just didn't feel like cleaning their rooms. Thank you!
On weekend nights, I like getting out and mingling with the crowd down the street who come into town to see the musicians play outside. During the conversation, it usually gets around to the fact that I own the B&B just down the street. I have met some folks who are staying at one of the others. I always call the owners by name and tell them they are great people, which they are. It's kind of a sticky situation when someone is staying at another B&B but they want your card. I certainly don't want them going back to the owners and saying that they met the owner of the B&B down the street and gave them a card.

I agree, it's wrong on so many levels. Especially to side with the guest who canceled in this timing dispute. Innkeeper said it was past the time limit, guest said it was within. In any case, he shouldn't criticize another innkeeper's way of doing business that way.
Interesting that he's basically announced an open cancellation policy for his place ... should promote that way.

Back