Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got to add this, since it's June 6, D-Day: On this date, 70 years ago, Theodore Roosevelt Jr. was the oldest man to land on Utah beach as part of the D-Day invasion. He died in France about a month later.
10348377_769739983056988_6468925890054688775_n.jpg
In accomplishments, Ted Jr outdid his Father, but did not have the flair and publicity Sr did.
gillumhouse said:
In accomplishments, Ted Jr outdid his Father, but did not have the flair and publicity Sr did.
Outdid Theodore Roosevelt, the youngest President in American history. I think not, no way, but won't argue the point.
I love the part in The Rise Of... where he's a young man, like 24 years old, in North Dakota, meets some travelers in the wilderness for a few days, and when they part ways the man he met tells his son, "There goes the most remarkable person I've ever met."
I an still esing he third book of the trilogy. But I read a book about r and it blew me away with all the things he did. He just never made Pres (he was asked to run but did not). He was in a lot of stuff and was actually more of a rel soldier than his Father. (He DID make General!! and that trumps a Colonel) )

Back