Be forewarned - RANT ALERT

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many of you know that I was not a cook prior to starting my innkeeping adventure. So, when it came to gravy, I wanted to replicate that which I remembered from my years in Tennessee. I turned to a 30 year old copy of the Joy of Cooking, and learned that some people make beer gravy. So, my sausage gravy starts out with a roux followed by about a half can of beer (no need to guess where the other half goes) then half and half, then browned sausage. I have to admit that it tastes really good. The alcohol gets cooked off, I assume..
Innkeep said:
The alcohol gets cooked off, I assume.
The alcohol gets the cook off?

I'll join in and add mine. Four people come from air. They seemed to have a great time. We had great conversations with them and everything went well. They left a review which was good but only rated us as two/three stars including location! .... Then air let us know that we are now only 73% of their Great Host Award! Oct 10th is the cut off day. grrr!.
Want my Air guest... I'm giving her away.

I'll join in and add mine. Four people come from air. They seemed to have a great time. We had great conversations with them and everything went well. They left a review which was good but only rated us as two/three stars including location! .... Then air let us know that we are now only 73% of their Great Host Award! Oct 10th is the cut off day. grrr!.
Can she clean?!? Paint?!? I might take her if she can!!!!!!
wink_smile.gif

I hear you and raise you one! Guest say they can't stay because the 5x7 bathroom is too SMALL. Well that and the fact that he wanted his own fridge.

The rant by him was horrible because I told him the charge was 2 of his 3 nights. TA will hear from me about his treat of a bad review.

Our site is clear about the guest fridge. Good pictures even of the bathroom.
He apologized said it has been his 1st trip since he had developed this condition.
Now I am off to post to TA the threat.

How do you make sausage gravy? Is this an indulgence I don't need to crave?.
Just so everyone knows, I was not P O'ed about them not eating breakfast - it was the sleep I lost that, as the Duchess used to say, got on my very last nerve. Breakfast is a take it or leave it - but do not tell me at 1:15 AM that you want breakfast at 7 AM and then YOU sleep through it.
SS - sorry for the diversion. You brown a pound of good pork sausage (I add chopped onion also). Then add 1/4 cup of flour and gradually add 2 1/2 cups milk. Stir continually until thickened. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite biscuits or if plating put 2 halves of biscuit on the plate and spoon sausage gravy over the biscuits (generous with gravy). This is the way I do it. There is also a red-eye gravy and I do not know that one.
Red Eye:
ham slices brown in a cast iron fry pan. Coffee, yes coffee, used to deglaze the pan = red eye gravy (has a reddish color from ham juices and coffee)

wink_smile.gif

She's the one who left me the horrible review because she didn't like the size of the room but stole breakfast because it wasn't included.

wink_smile.gif

She's the one who left me the horrible review because she didn't like the size of the room but stole breakfast because it wasn't included.
Oh yes, I remember! Sorry won't trade after all... Even if she's good at cleaning and painting!
wink_smile.gif

I hear you and raise you one! Guest say they can't stay because the 5x7 bathroom is too SMALL. Well that and the fact that he wanted his own fridge.

The rant by him was horrible because I told him the charge was 2 of his 3 nights. TA will hear from me about his treat of a bad review.

He apologized said it has been his 1st trip since he had developed this condition.
Now I am off to post to TA the threat..
Since he developed what condition? Being a big but?
Oh, maybe that's why he needs such a big bathroom.

An Old Tavernkeeper said:
Thank you, I needed that!
wink_smile.gif

Just finished the TA report. You know it was a good thing I knew about it through this forum as I had to do a search to find out how to submit it. It is not easily found, that is for sure. The problem I have is that the email addie I have is for the wife, not the hubby. I don't think the wife would submit a review and I feel she was totally embarrassed about his actions. So I am hoping they look at other factors mainly location where they live as the town is not that populated.

Poor, Copperhead. All I can say is - SOME people....!!!!!

Oh good grief! Come on folks, it's a bathroom. and it's in your room. Get over it.
So sorry CH.

How do you make sausage gravy? Is this an indulgence I don't need to crave?.
Just so everyone knows, I was not P O'ed about them not eating breakfast - it was the sleep I lost that, as the Duchess used to say, got on my very last nerve. Breakfast is a take it or leave it - but do not tell me at 1:15 AM that you want breakfast at 7 AM and then YOU sleep through it.
SS - sorry for the diversion. You brown a pound of good pork sausage (I add chopped onion also). Then add 1/4 cup of flour and gradually add 2 1/2 cups milk. Stir continually until thickened. Salt & pepper to taste. Serve with your favorite biscuits or if plating put 2 halves of biscuit on the plate and spoon sausage gravy over the biscuits (generous with gravy). This is the way I do it. There is also a red-eye gravy and I do not know that one.
that does drive me mad - people who beg for special early breakfast or early check in etc then don't turn up for it when you have run round like an idiot
Chap for room 7 and 8 rang day before to again confirm his early check in for the wedding they were attending so had everything ready for 12 as requested - didn't show up till 2pm - also messed up our entire mornings plans as we were waiting to go out to the super market etc till they got here - BELUGH! at least card board box people got their stuff today - so that's progress! In my town they won't pick up brown cardboard so we have to make a special trip to the tip with it, so any I can give away is a bonus.

Back