Blizzard of '15 on its way

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been thinking about all my innmates in the NE.
At least it makes for some beautiful photos.
Wishing you all warmth!.
Power still on! Heat still running! Life is beautiful in the great Northeast!
Morticia said:
Not sure Silverspoon can say the same. They may be in for a cold dark night!
Arks said:
Morticia said:
I hope not! Everything still going well here. I hope Silverspoon is doing well. I got some photos this afternoon without even stepping out into the snow.
Also we got a snowplow guy just in time!

Been thinking about all my innmates in the NE.
At least it makes for some beautiful photos.
Wishing you all warmth!.
Morticia said:
Arks said:
Morticia said:
Yes, her area got hit hard. Winds, high tides, tons of snow.

Whew! That was quite a storm. As you might have figured we lost power (no water or oil heat when that happens.) about a day and half ago. But we are back on the grid now, putting away our emergency supplies, turning the water back on and thinking about getting a generator. This old house has made it through many a storms in its 151 years, but this one was fierce. No damage to house or property that we can see yet, but can only open one door...the rest are piled high in drifts. The beaches took a big hit.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. We didn't suffer too much because we hunkered by the gas fireplace in our family room and had plenty of supplies and wine to see us through.
shades_smile.gif

Whew! That was quite a storm. As you might have figured we lost power (no water or oil heat when that happens.) about a day and half ago. But we are back on the grid now, putting away our emergency supplies, turning the water back on and thinking about getting a generator. This old house has made it through many a storms in its 151 years, but this one was fierce. No damage to house or property that we can see yet, but can only open one door...the rest are piled high in drifts. The beaches took a big hit.
Thanks for all your kind thoughts. We didn't suffer too much because we hunkered by the gas fireplace in our family room and had plenty of supplies and wine to see us through.
shades_smile.gif
Our doors are all on the 'wrong' side of the house, too. Drifts up to the windows, so hard to open screen doors. I went out thru the basement to get a shovel, came back in and shoveled my way out from the inside.
Better than compacting the snow on the stairs.

shades_smile.gif
Glad to hear it didn't cause big headaches and that you are back in action.

shades_smile.gif
Glad to have you back Silverspoon! The biggest hit for us is going to be the snow plow bill! He had to come out three times already. I just texted him to see how to pay him. He called back to say that he's going to sleep for today and will be by tomorrow.

We lost power for a short time. Less than an hour. Good thing because our generator was buried under a 5 foot snow drift.
24 hours of blizzard. A whole day of digging out.
Today, I am back in the city and anticipating a mild snow Friday and another storm Monday.

We lost power for a short time. Less than an hour. Good thing because our generator was buried under a 5 foot snow drift.
Today, I am back in the city and anticipating a mild snow Friday and another storm Monday..
Ugh...really hoping there is no storm on Monday. We are driving to Boston for some outpatient surgery on Tuesday so, even though we have a hotel for Monday night, a big storm would really foul up our plans.
thumbs_down.gif

Today, I am back in the city and anticipating a mild snow Friday and another storm Monday..
Ugh...really hoping there is no storm on Monday. We are driving to Boston for some outpatient surgery on Tuesday so, even though we have a hotel for Monday night, a big storm would really foul up our plans.
thumbs_down.gif

Silverspoon said:
thumbs_down.gif
I hope that everything goes well for you. I would just decided to stay up there and make it a mini vacation.

thumbs_down.gif

Silverspoon said:
thumbs_down.gif
I hope that everything goes well for you. I would just decided to stay up there and make it a mini vacation.
Thanks, hoping the procedure does not develop into anything major. In any event I doubt I'll feel much like celebrating.

thumbs_down.gif

All the best with that. Makes it worse worrying about the weather, too.

thumbs_down.gif

Silverspoon said:
thumbs_down.gif
Thanks, hoping the procedure does not develop into anything major. In any event I doubt I'll feel much like celebrating.
Good luck and think positive thoughts!

Back