Bottled water bye byeeeeee

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well this seems to work great! I never have anyone take our bottled water anymore.
I simply placed a little sign on the mini drink fridge that states this! " Please return the plastic bottles and screw on lids so we can refill and replace for your enjoyment!" HAHA!! :) Just kidding! My son told me to do that. I thought it was funny and I thought I would share that with you! JB I'm sure you can guess the one who said it!.
Hillbilly said:
JB I'm sure you can guess the one who said it!
OK, now I know who this new Hillbilly is. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the name changes lately!
Arks said:
Hillbilly said:
OK, now I know who this new Hillbilly is. I'm having a hard time keeping up with the name changes lately!
Well its a better name than my last one. "Hi neighbour!" Im not sure many have figured that out yet. It fits the area Im from.

Well this seems to work great! I never have anyone take our bottled water anymore.
I simply placed a little sign on the mini drink fridge that states this! " Please return the plastic bottles and screw on lids so we can refill and replace for your enjoyment!" HAHA!! :) Just kidding! My son told me to do that. I thought it was funny and I thought I would share that with you! JB I'm sure you can guess the one who said it!.
Hillbilly said:
Arks said:
Hillbilly said:
A hillbilly who loves fiji water, mm hm, yeah right on! We call it mountain dew or white lightning. haha

i had two big water coolers for folks to fill their own whatevers. funny thing was, the first water from the jugs was from a spring. i couldn't get the labels off as they were imprinted. but, i refilled from the tap. not to false advertise but the bottles were just the right size and the spring water was too expensive. anyway, sometimes guests would say how much they loved spring water and could tell the difference. it was interesting ... i never corrected them or made them feel foolish. i would just nod in agreement or smile..
You have no idea how much I love this :)

Hillbilly said:
Arks said:
Hillbilly said:
A hillbilly who loves fiji water, mm hm, yeah right on! We call it mountain dew or white lightning. haha
HaHa! Thats funny!

We've always given bottled water to our guests but just last month I decided that I will end this and put Brita water pitchers in the rooms and the guest refrigerator instead. The amount of waste was really getting to me. I wonder if my repeat guests will like the change or not.

I guess half of our guests automatically buy bottled water and tote it around. We rarely are requested for water, and when they do, I tell them our well water is the best. They agree when they try it. We have no chlorine, about 150 ppm hardness, no iron, only a teensy bit of arsenic. We have it tested quarterly for coliform, per state requirements. It also makes great beer, my preferred way to rehydrate.

Bottled%20water%20solution.jpg

Ok, I have to admit every now and again I really enjoy FIJI water. Have you ever tried it? I know it sounds a little strange and its just water but "oh my" its good! It has a very smooth taste to it. If you get a chance try one some time..
I feel this way about Evian. DH makes fun of me and says I've got expensive, high-class water taste. :) but it's just soooo much better to me! When I do get it, I get the big bottles though.
We don't offer individual bottles- we do have a 5 gal water cooler we offer for guests to use. That way they can get their bottled water whether they prefer it cold, hot or room temp.

Back