Bought a new washer today

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: Washer delivered today at 9:20 - breakfast was served at 9 and the roofer showed up to start taking down chimneys at 8. Washer installed. WONDERFUL!!!!! It is doing the second load now. I have no idea how long it took a load before, but this takes about an hour. BUT I got 3 - yes that was three - sets of sheets in one load. Load #2 has towels from 2 days use (they hung them up) plus 2 robes, and some socks. Woohoo!! Have to finish cleaning and start on the mini pepperoni rolls. The reception is at 6!!! Of course no idea when my 3 rooms will be coming in..
Glad you love it. Less work for you with a larger capacity!

Update: Washer delivered today at 9:20 - breakfast was served at 9 and the roofer showed up to start taking down chimneys at 8. Washer installed. WONDERFUL!!!!! It is doing the second load now. I have no idea how long it took a load before, but this takes about an hour. BUT I got 3 - yes that was three - sets of sheets in one load. Load #2 has towels from 2 days use (they hung them up) plus 2 robes, and some socks. Woohoo!! Have to finish cleaning and start on the mini pepperoni rolls. The reception is at 6!!! Of course no idea when my 3 rooms will be coming in..
I love the timers that tell you how long, but be aware they sometimes readjust themselves, if they have to rerinse or they find that the clothes are dirtier and need more washing. But it's nice to go by and know that there are x minutes before I have to go back. I wish they would have a way for it to text me when it's done. Next one.

I love the timers that tell you how long, but be aware they sometimes readjust themselves, if they have to rerinse or they find that the clothes are dirtier and need more washing. But it's nice to go by and know that there are x minutes before I have to go back. I wish they would have a way for it to text me when it's done. Next one.
When ours say 1 minute left, you can bet it will be about 10. It drives me nuts!

Breakfast Diva said:
3 loads today that would have been at least 7 in the old washer.
Knees are screaming. Guests called to say they would be here around 7. DH called me and I came home from the reception. Went back at 8 to help clean up. Guests finally arrived around 9:30. They rented the whole house so they could have all the rooms for Mom, Dad, a 7 year old and a 3 year old. Works for me. I will still have to flip all rooms - from the sounds I am hearing it is the inmates running the asylum.

Breakfast Diva said:
Knees are screaming. Guests called to say they would be here around 7. DH called me and I came home from the reception. Went back at 8 to help clean up. Guests finally arrived around 9:30. They rented the whole house so they could have all the rooms for Mom, Dad, a 7 year old and a 3 year old. Works for me. I will still have to flip all rooms - from the sounds I am hearing it is the inmates running the asylum.
gillumhouse said:
Guests called to say they would be here around 7. DH called me and I came home from the reception. Went back at 8 to help clean up. Guests finally arrived around 9:30.
My guesthouse has self-check-in always, and so far around 50% of my guests have arrived between 10 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. (my keypad door locks e-mail me with the exact time they enter their entry code). I'm considering leaving the porch lights on for them, even when it doesn't get dark until 9 p.m., because so many arrive so late. I still wonder, and worry they've had an accident or something, until I get that e-mail that they've arrived!
I didn't stay up worrying about Innkeep, though, because she'd told me ahead of time she'd arrive around midnight, and indeed she was actually a little ahead of schedule! Innkeep can take care of herself just fine!
I mention this just so y'all can see what hour a lot of guests arrive when they're completely on their own and not bound to an arrival window. Of course, that's just in my situation, being a long way from nowhere, 90 minutes from Memphis. But, as far as arrival time, the self-check-in lets me compete well with what the local Days Inn can offer with its 24 hour front desk.

Breakfast Diva said:
gillumhouse said:
Guests called to say they would be here around 7. DH called me and I came home from the reception. Went back at 8 to help clean up. Guests finally arrived around 9:30.
My guesthouse has self-check-in always, and so far around 50% of my guests have arrived between 10 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. (my keypad door locks e-mail me with the exact time they enter their entry code). I'm considering leaving the porch lights on for them, even when it doesn't get dark until 9 p.m., because so many arrive so late. I still wonder, and worry they've had an accident or something, until I get that e-mail that they've arrived!
I didn't stay up worrying about Innkeep, though, because she'd told me ahead of time she'd arrive around midnight, and indeed she was actually a little ahead of schedule! Innkeep can take care of herself just fine!
I mention this just so y'all can see what hour a lot of guests arrive when they're completely on their own and not bound to an arrival window. Of course, that's just in my situation, being a long way from nowhere, 90 minutes from Memphis. But, as far as arrival time, the self-check-in lets me compete well with what the local Days Inn can offer with its 24 hour front desk.
I would rather wait than mess up my 101 year old door with its beautiful bevel glass oval that is most of the door.

Breakfast Diva said:
gillumhouse said:
I would rather wait than mess up my 101 year old door with its beautiful bevel glass oval that is most of the door.
gillumhouse said:
Granted! But my oil-rubbed bronze keypad doorknobs don't look THAT modern...or maybe they do :)
Schlage_Electronic_Key_Pad_Locks.jpg

Breakfast Diva said:
gillumhouse said:
Arkansawyer said:
gillumhouse said:
Arky, you might want to consider installing porch lights that are light sensitive. We changed to them a few months ago and they work great! You can set the sensitivity and length of time they stay on when activated by motion. Saves a lot of money on electricity and you don't have to worry about manually turning them on/off.

Breakfast Diva said:
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Granted! But my oil-rubbed bronze keypad doorknobs don't look THAT modern...or maybe they do :)

It is not "the look", it is the damage to the door installing it that concerns me.

Breakfast Diva said:
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:

It is not "the look", it is the damage to the door installing it that concerns me.
gillumhouse said:
Ah, no worries, no damage if you have DH do it. He has those artist hands!

Breakfast Diva said:
gillumhouse said:
Arkansawyer said:
gillumhouse said:
Arky, you might want to consider installing porch lights that are light sensitive. We changed to them a few months ago and they work great! You can set the sensitivity and length of time they stay on when activated by motion. Saves a lot of money on electricity and you don't have to worry about manually turning them on/off.
Breakfast Diva said:
Arky, you might want to consider installing porch lights that are light sensitive.
Excellent suggestion! It would also give some additional security. Plus, I need a new project to keep me busy! Thanks.

Breakfast Diva said:
gillumhouse said:
gillumhouse said:

gillumhouse said:
Ah, no worries, no damage if you have DH do it. He has those artist hands!
No longer can do maintenance. The post-polio has him to the point of barely getting around on two crutches and his polio hand is now basically useless.
The neat thing about our current lock is that I can lock it for the outside, but guests can turn the knob and get out.

Back