Breakfast

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm clearly an idiot. How can sugar be created with animal products?.
PhineasSwann said:
I'm clearly an idiot. How can sugar be created with animal products?
I wondered too. I found this via Google...
Bone char—often referred to as natural carbon—is widely used by the sugar industry as a decolorizing filter, which allows the sugar cane to achieve a white color. Bone char is made from the bones of cattle who were slaughtered in foreign countries and sold to traders in other foreign countries, who then sell the bones back to the U.S. sugar industry. Typically, sugar is made from sugarcane, sugar beets, or coconuts. Beet and coconut sugar are never processed with bone char.

Well I guess my point was he ( mr vegan) asked for
Sweet n Low : Saccharin is a non-nutritive or artificial sweetener. It's made in a laboratory by oxidizing the chemicals o-toluene sulfonamide or phthalic anhydride.
Over white sugar, raw sugar or
Stevia : It's made from a South American plant called stevia, the leaves of which are 200 to 400 times sweeter than regular table sugar.
That is weird though about bone char, learn something new everyday.

Well I guess my point was he ( mr vegan) asked for
Sweet n Low : Saccharin is a non-nutritive or artificial sweetener. It's made in a laboratory by oxidizing the chemicals o-toluene sulfonamide or phthalic anhydride.
Over white sugar, raw sugar or
Stevia : It's made from a South American plant called stevia, the leaves of which are 200 to 400 times sweeter than regular table sugar.
That is weird though about bone char, learn something new everyday..
Stevia and Splenda users make me crazy. Those are, like you said, tons sweeter than plain or raw sugar and yet, I watch people rip open 3-4 packs at a time to pour in their coffee. They are killing their ability to taste 'sweet.' Nothing will ever be sweet to them again.
BTW, I have found that eating a vegan diet does not mean the guest doesn't smoke, drink, and guzzle soda. They don't seem to line up that those things are killing THEM as they try to protect animals.

No offense to Vegans but if you are going to say you are Vegan than be a Vegan. If you cannot commit than be a vegetarian.
So I had Mr Vegan come down for breakfast ( one made especially for him) and he sees muffins for other guest. I let him know that they were NOT vegan, "oh its ok I would like to have one anyway".
See the thing is I went out of my way to fix you a special breakfast. So basically you made my mornings more challenging for something that was not completely necessary. Thanks.
Lets top it off :
He gives me his card and I run it. He signs and asked if the shuttle was included, I said yes. A while later I hear him and his buddy telling other guest bye. As I get back upstairs I see them both heading out the door. Oh wait a minute, " Marshall you are not trying to skip out on me are you? " Well Marshall assumed his Vegan friend had paid for them both. The Vegan said, " oh that wasn't for both of us?"
REALLY DUDE, can you not add. Even in our emails he had asked for the totals so there is no way when he signed and saw the total that it was for them both. I hate to believe he thought he was going to get out for half price thinking I would not have notice??
Thinking to band him is what I think.

Back