breaking my arm patting myself on the back

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job! Grow your business and take pride in your hard work...but remember to take care of yourselves along the way.

Our prices are already on the high side for our town. Competitive with the other 'ocean view' inns. I don't want to push out of the standard range.

Our prices are already on the high side for our town. Competitive with the other 'ocean view' inns. I don't want to push out of the standard range..
If the weekends are booking faster and sooner, then put the weekends up. So what if you are on the high side, it's obvious that there is a reason they are buying.
What would Neiman-Marcus do? Would they feel bad for the customer and hold their prices in spite of inflation, etc. Or would they put their price high and then if they find they are stuck with it, put it on sale later or ship it off to an off-price store later to sell it cheap?
Get your money when you can. If the weekends are booking so far in advance... put them up. If they haven't sold, put them down. Get your money, you work hard for it. It's the laws of supply and demand and you have higher than normal demand, so get more money!

Our prices are already on the high side for our town. Competitive with the other 'ocean view' inns. I don't want to push out of the standard range..
If the weekends are booking faster and sooner, then put the weekends up. So what if you are on the high side, it's obvious that there is a reason they are buying.
What would Neiman-Marcus do? Would they feel bad for the customer and hold their prices in spite of inflation, etc. Or would they put their price high and then if they find they are stuck with it, put it on sale later or ship it off to an off-price store later to sell it cheap?
Get your money when you can. If the weekends are booking so far in advance... put them up. If they haven't sold, put them down. Get your money, you work hard for it. It's the laws of supply and demand and you have higher than normal demand, so get more money!
Absolutely. People get sucked into worrying about "What Would My Competition Do"?
Constantly being booked far in advance is an indication of being underpriced. This is supply and demand. Period.
When there are special events - fairs, sports, important visitors, places often hike their rates dramatically.
You are leaving money on the table.
As JS said above, definitely do it on the peak weekends. If things start to dry up, you can tick it down.

Beachie - I am the highest price in my area. I am celebrating. Remember, the BEST is always the most expensive.

Beachie - I am the highest price in my area. I am celebrating. Remember, the BEST is always the most expensive.
Somebody has to be the most expensive in each area. As long as clients pay the price, why not?"
As the old commercial said "Preference, by L'Oreal. Its expensive, but I'm worth it!"

Back