broken,busted

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im sorry this happened Flower-you know we live in the boondox too and we had many things delivered to the house, if all you need is the frame and headboard, you may be able to have one sent to your place through UPS or Fed Ex-is that a possibility?.
Well yesterday we did it. We solved the problem . We bought a bed frame to use that is queen and King size. Also we purchased a king bed. But it cannot be delivered for 2 weeks.
Also we bought a queen size head board at a steal of a deal for $40.00 It is a beaut. So that will be used as an interim. They also had the king head board there to at a steal of a deal. To make a long story short .
The lady that sold us the bed said come with me I want to show you some thing. So we followed her. There they had both head boards on a fab steal as they had lost the bed rails and foot board to the set. She offered it to us for $40.00 queen and the king for $85.00 the original cost of the head board were over $ 600.00 each .
That just gives you an idea how much of a mark up furniture has. So now today we will take down the bed from the suite and put it away till we can find the time to fix it says me hopefully. And installed the new railings along with the new Queen head board. Then we can wait the 2 weeks till the king bed comes in and install it. We are hoping it will come in before hubby has his surgery.
Now we will be back in business . Yepppieee no more loss of income. The saleslady saved us so much money and time. We also looked and purchased bedding 2 sets of sheets for now and a cover and shames to start with and an encasement for all the mattress for the King. Finding king sheets right now is hard.
But not to worry as we have more then enough queen sheet to last a life time. For the next 2 weeks will be working with the Queen bed. We took down the old head board and railing and will find a space to store them till we find a person to fix it. I will never allow any other stranger in this bed ever! I will keep my fingers crossed that we will find just the right person to fix our beloved bed. It will be a good as new.!!
To end this part of the story . I want to just say Heck you guys and gals Thank You so much!!!! there are no words I can say that would be able to express how much I could thank you from the bottom of my heart. It went from this
cry_smile.gif
to this
broken_heart.gif
And now because of you all to this
heart.gif
regular_smile.gif
lightbulb.gif
You all are the best . I am so happy to have your support and all your ideas.
So glad this turned out ok, and that you were able to tackle the problem right away. I'm still upset with them for not saying anything!

Im sorry this happened Flower-you know we live in the boondox too and we had many things delivered to the house, if all you need is the frame and headboard, you may be able to have one sent to your place through UPS or Fed Ex-is that a possibility?.
Well yesterday we did it. We solved the problem . We bought a bed frame to use that is queen and King size. Also we purchased a king bed. But it cannot be delivered for 2 weeks.
Also we bought a queen size head board at a steal of a deal for $40.00 It is a beaut. So that will be used as an interim. They also had the king head board there to at a steal of a deal. To make a long story short .
The lady that sold us the bed said come with me I want to show you some thing. So we followed her. There they had both head boards on a fab steal as they had lost the bed rails and foot board to the set. She offered it to us for $40.00 queen and the king for $85.00 the original cost of the head board were over $ 600.00 each .
That just gives you an idea how much of a mark up furniture has. So now today we will take down the bed from the suite and put it away till we can find the time to fix it says me hopefully. And installed the new railings along with the new Queen head board. Then we can wait the 2 weeks till the king bed comes in and install it. We are hoping it will come in before hubby has his surgery.
Now we will be back in business . Yepppieee no more loss of income. The saleslady saved us so much money and time. We also looked and purchased bedding 2 sets of sheets for now and a cover and shames to start with and an encasement for all the mattress for the King. Finding king sheets right now is hard.
But not to worry as we have more then enough queen sheet to last a life time. For the next 2 weeks will be working with the Queen bed. We took down the old head board and railing and will find a space to store them till we find a person to fix it. I will never allow any other stranger in this bed ever! I will keep my fingers crossed that we will find just the right person to fix our beloved bed. It will be a good as new.!!
To end this part of the story . I want to just say Heck you guys and gals Thank You so much!!!! there are no words I can say that would be able to express how much I could thank you from the bottom of my heart. It went from this
cry_smile.gif
to this
broken_heart.gif
heart.gif
regular_smile.gif
lightbulb.gif
So glad this turned out ok, and that you were able to tackle the problem right away. I'm still upset with them for not saying anything!
I am also . Actually I was so Mad at first. I just kept saying why why not tell us. BUT HUBBY SAID WHY WOULD THEY? WHAT WOULD THEY GAIN BY TELLING US????. opps sorry darn caps. I said to be human !!! Not so.... to get away with it , It cost them nothing. They just go on to the next b&b . Then when we took down the bed we discovered some one this year had spilt rosé wine all done my curtains and on to the rug. Darn it. I manage to get most of it off with shout pads. Waa Hoo .
This has been a very costly year and to top it off we have 3 more months to go so who knows what maybe next ??? The kicker here is this is a bad year for us all the way around so things will get better. I am keeping hoping maybe next month it will be better. I feel I got a wonderful deal on the bed and the head boards. And for that I am grateful. Also I am thank full for all rthose that offered some ideas

cry_smile.gif
to this
broken_heart.gif
heart.gif
regular_smile.gif
lightbulb.gif
I am also . Actually I was so Mad at first. I just kept saying why why not tell us. BUT HUBBY SAID WHY WOULD THEY? WHAT WOULD THEY GAIN BY TELLING US????. opps sorry darn caps. I said to be human !!! Not so.... to get away with it , It cost them nothing. They just go on to the next b&b . Then when we took down the bed we discovered some one this year had spilt rosé wine all done my curtains and on to the rug. Darn it. I manage to get most of it off with shout pads. Waa Hoo .
This has been a very costly year and to top it off we have 3 more months to go so who knows what maybe next ??? The kicker here is this is a bad year for us all the way around so things will get better. I am keeping hoping maybe next month it will be better. I feel I got a wonderful deal on the bed and the head boards. And for that I am grateful. Also I am thank full for all rthose that offered some ideas
Well let's hope that incident was the end of the bad stuff and the good deal on the bed is the beginning of good
heart.gif

I am upset they did not tell you as well. Why should they? Because it is the right thing to do.
We had a family here this last weekend here with 2 young boys 11 & 12. Mom was down stairs speaking with me when one of the 2 came down and said, I am sorry but we broke something in the room. Mom took a big breath. Then he said it was a white thing that hold tooth brushes.
I said don't worry I have a replacement. Then I said as much for the mother as the kid - You don't know how much I appreciate you telling me about the broken holder. That is a very honorable trait that many adults do not have. Winked at him.

I am upset they did not tell you as well. Why should they? Because it is the right thing to do.
We had a family here this last weekend here with 2 young boys 11 & 12. Mom was down stairs speaking with me when one of the 2 came down and said, I am sorry but we broke something in the room. Mom took a big breath. Then he said it was a white thing that hold tooth brushes.
I said don't worry I have a replacement. Then I said as much for the mother as the kid - You don't know how much I appreciate you telling me about the broken holder. That is a very honorable trait that many adults do not have. Winked at him..
Love it and you taught him something as well :)

Back