Business Logos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
> Do you have a business logo?
Yes (see avatar)
> Is it printed on everything?
Yes (website, invoices, business cards, stationary, envelopes, brochures, T-shirts, mugs, etc....)
> How important do you think it is to the image and marketing of your business?
I think it is pretty important to our image (i.e., who, what and where we are) and probably does help in marketing; certainly I think having a consistent logo everywhere helps reinforce the idea that we are serious business.
> How did you get it (make something up , pay a designer ) ?
I think the original design was by Wendy's grandmother, maybe with help from her father. We have subsequently re-done the logo in digital form (vector as well as raster) ourselves..
Our association has a logo and no one recognizes it. Really. I ask my guest do you know what this stands for ? NOPE!----- They(association) spend hundreds of dollars on marketing and paper copy. We all have it hanging in our doors or windows. Our Web site displays it also. It is in very expensive tourist magazines. In all tourist entrances into our province.
. Air ports carry our brochures. Yet people have no idea what it stands for. So sad.
Yes I do put my logo on every thing I can. hopefully it represents your business.

Yes (see avatar)
Yes (website, invoices, business cards, stationary, envelopes, brochures, T-shirts, mugs, etc....)
I think it is pretty important to our image (i.e., who, what and where we are) and probably does help in marketing; certainly I think having a consistent logo everywhere helps reinforce the idea that we are serious business.
I think the original design was by Wendy's grandmother, maybe with help from her father. We have subsequently re-done the logo in digital form (vector as well as raster) ourselves..
Our association has a logo and no one recognizes it. Really. I ask my guest do you know what this stands for ? NOPE!----- They(association) spend hundreds of dollars on marketing and paper copy. We all have it hanging in our doors or windows. Our Web site displays it also. It is in very expensive tourist magazines. In all tourist entrances into our province.
. Air ports carry our brochures. Yet people have no idea what it stands for. So sad.
Yes I do put my logo on every thing I can. hopefully it represents your business.
My Association also has a logo that, to me, says nothing about either B & B nor my State. It does not even say hospitality to me. I was not asked for my opinion so I said nothing - those who were running things chose it so it is OK. It is theirs now - I had my time, did my part, and now it is theirs. I pay my dues and will do what is asked of me, but choose not to be "the Old Guard" that does not know when to step back.

Yes (see avatar)
Flower said:
Our association has a logo and no one recognizes it. Really. I ask my guest do you know what this stands for ?
This reminds me of several TV commercials that are so entertaining everybody knows them and enjoys them, but nobody can tell you what product they are selling.That's a lot of advertising money wasted.
It's probably important to always include the text of the name of your business any time you display the logo, so people can make the connection.

Your logo could be the lake/mountains/creature combo. A simple drawing/illustration..
Madeleine said:
Your logo could be the lake/mountains/creature combo. A simple drawing/illustration.
The creature is prob trademarked.
Joey Bloggs said:
The creature is prob trademarked.
Twitter has a trademark on their little bird logo, but that doesn't mean that nobody else can use a bird in their logo, as long as it's not too similar to Twitter's drawing.
In HJ's case, an individual's own sketch of said beastie could certainly by copyrighted, but surely any one individual can't "have a lock" (pun intended) on all drawings by anyone else, forever. That would just be un-...American?
Remember our innrewards debacle. It was not the same logo at all, but this is what I am saying, I am not saying mimic the same logo. I wonder if anyone DOES own the rights to that "monster" of which we speak, but do not spell out? Interesting if it is a tourist company that does own it.

Yes (see avatar)
My Association also has a logo that, to me, says nothing about either B & B nor my State. It does not even say hospitality to me. I was not asked for my opinion so I said nothing - those who were running things chose it so it is OK. It is theirs now - I had my time, did my part, and now it is theirs. I pay my dues and will do what is asked of me, but choose not to be "the Old Guard" that does not know when to step back.
The logo does say where our province is. It does rep the bed and breakfast industry .But no one understands what it stands for. What makes us stand apart from belonging to this association Then being other B&Bs or A I R B&Bs. What makes us belonging to this association stand out to the public. The message is lost.
Yet they write blogs they promote events across the province ,F Book, tweets, their web site is huge. What puzzles me most is, people( our guests) when seeing this logo say they have never seen it before. ?????
Ark.
My own logo goes every where It does rep my business perfectly. I choose it to say what our name is even if no one can speak English they know our name.
But our association logo is on my web site also . On our rack cards we display.in various places. has the association logo on it. The members belonging to this association. Also displays it the same way. Plus every one has a big sign to display in their yard, or along side their own sign. Some how our branding is not getting through? As I said it does puzzle me.

Yes (see avatar)
Flower said:
Our association has a logo and no one recognizes it. Really. I ask my guest do you know what this stands for ?
This reminds me of several TV commercials that are so entertaining everybody knows them and enjoys them, but nobody can tell you what product they are selling.That's a lot of advertising money wasted.
It's probably important to always include the text of the name of your business any time you display the logo, so people can make the connection.
Arks said:
Yes, and we do -- just the boy in the boat by itself doesn't mean much, but the boy in the boat over the word "Harborfields" -- now that means something!

We pulled a publicly available clip art and had an artist tweak it for our sign. We use it on the web, business cards and t-shirts. I didn't put it on the brochure because I prefer the picture of the house on the brochure. I looked for a place to put it. Might put it on for the next printing.

Back