Cell Phone Booster (Resurrected Thread From March 2014)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RESURRECTED MARCH 2014 TOPIC ALERT!
I finally got around to ordering THIS $600 cell phone booster. They say this one will handle about 3500 sq. ft., 1 or 2 stories. They make a $1000 model that will do a larger multilevel house, but this one should be sufficient for me.
It uses an outdoor antenna I mount on the roof to get the strongest signal it can, then it boosts it and sends it to an indoor transmitter antenna I'll put in the attic over the center of the building. It says it boosts cell signal, including 4G LTE, for all major U.S. and Canadian cell carriers.
It's supposed to arrive this week, so I'll install this weekend and report back on whether it's worth it or not..
Well it should work at that price!
We had been told we should go to our T-Mo bil e store to get a phone router for our wifi calling. They claim it will broadcast the signal better for their phones as well as AT and T.
DH installed it, piggybacking our cable internet router per directions and now the phones get a signal throughout the place.
thumbs_up.gif

I finally got around to ordering THIS $600 cell phone booster. They say this one will handle about 3500 sq. ft., 1 or 2 stories. They make a $1000 model that will do a larger multilevel house, but this one should be sufficient for me.
It uses an outdoor antenna I mount on the roof to get the strongest signal it can, then it boosts it and sends it to an indoor transmitter antenna I'll put in the attic over the center of the building. It says it boosts cell signal, including 4G LTE, for all major U.S. and Canadian cell carriers.
It's supposed to arrive this week, so I'll install this weekend and report back on whether it's worth it or not..
Arks said:
It's supposed to arrive this week, so I'll install this weekend and report back on whether it's worth it or not.
Will you adopt me?

Arks said:
It's supposed to arrive this week, so I'll install this weekend and report back on whether it's worth it or not.
Will you adopt me?
Joey Bloggs said:
Will you adopt me?
Your DH reported that you're high maintenance.
Or maybe it was Jon Sable who said that.

Arks said:
Will you adopt me?
Joey Bloggs said:
Will you adopt me?
Arks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Will you adopt me?
Neither of those would say that, so now I know you are making excuses.
cry_smile.gif

Arks said:
Will you adopt me?
Joey Bloggs said:
Will you adopt me?
I plead the 5th

I hope yours works better than mine.
angry_smile.gif

angry_smile.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
angry_smile.gif
I'll let you know. It had good reviews. We all know how important those are!

angry_smile.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
angry_smile.gif
Arks said:
Breakfast Diva said:
angry_smile.gif
When!? demands the needy innmate

It arrived today, but it will be Saturday before I can install and test it.

Tmobil seems to be the odd man out based on coverage maps. But no booster will bring that from 40 miles away.

Tmobil seems to be the odd man out based on coverage maps. But no booster will bring that from 40 miles away.
undersea said:
But I love the fact that they have wifi calling, it takes care of my needs in this area.

undersea said:
But I love the fact that they have wifi calling, it takes care of my needs in this area.
I use Republic Wireless. Unlimited calling/text, 5Gb data for $30.73 monthly. And it always searches out wifi first. Works well for me.

OK, got the cell booster installed today. Remember that mine is a flat-roofed 1902 downtown commercial building with 2 ft. thick solid brick walls, in the middle of a block abutting similar brick buildings on both sides.
I have AT&T and without the booster on get 4 bars all over my building, and my friends with Verizon get 1 bar in most of my building, and no connection in the basement. And they found out even though they both got 1 bar, they couldn't make a call to each other while inside the building.
It's the Verizon people I'm installing the booster for. All my Verizon guests have to go outside and stand across the street on the sidewalk to get a connection and use their phone.
So the result: with the booster on, I get 5 bars (up from 4) on AT&T and my Verizon friends get 3 bars (up from 1) everywhere in the building, except in the basement where they get 2 bars (up from none).
We went up on the roof where the antenna is, and they got 3 bars up there too. So the system is doing what it can do, giving all it can, because it cannot give them more bars than are available in this part of town.
But my next plan is to put the antenna up about 10 more feet on a pole to see if there's a stronger Verizon signal up there (right now it's just mounted at roof level).
I'm happy with it, because it's delivering the full outside signal into the depths of my building now, and people can make and receive calls where before they couldn't.

It arrived today, but it will be Saturday before I can install and test it..
I have images of someone on the roof, holding it up during a lightning storm for test purposes. People who saw Ratatouille (with his mushroom) would appreciate that...

Back