Christmas Season Town sponsored open house

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have no decorations for the rooms. Hope no one minds. The common rooms will be decorated to death! :)
I agree. We will be going with mini muffins and breads. Hot chocolate, maybe hot cider..
Electric candles in all the windows.
If you have windows with minimal window treatment you can use tension rod to swag the fake green spruce roping that Christmas Tree shop offers. I use a velvet bow attached to the spring rod to hold up the middle of the swag. They look festive in the dining room and do not require any permanent hardware.
For long runs of windows grouped together I hang long garlands of fake evergreen roping in a swag that hangs from invisible nylon "string" with a cup hook attached at one end to hold the garland and the other end thumb-tacked to the topside of the top molding. When the season is over I just unhook the garland and return the nylon hanger to the top of the molding where no one can see it. Dried flowers look fabulous stuck into the garland: hydrangea, Artemisia ludoviciana 'Silver King', pine cones, Silver dollar (Lunaria annua) adds a wonderful glow and Yarrow adds more color. I'll see if I can hunt through our picture files for a photo...send me an e-mail if you want me to send it to you.
love the swag ideas. we do have lots of windows. thanks everyone for the ideas.

Back