Chuckle of the day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mac

Reaction score
While Mac was helping a guest load his luggage into a truck this morning, the man leaned forward and said:
"You will change the sheets, right? One night I didn't shower."
Bless his little innocent heart!

Have you had the guests who sleep on top of the bedding to 'save you having to wash the sheets'?
You're not doing me any favors!
I also like the ones who, in the middle of breakfast, hand me a glass or cup and ask me to 'just wash it out for me so I don't dirty another one'. Do you not SEE me busting my butt getting breakfast out? I don't have time to scrub whatever that crap is out of the glass at this moment.
What were some of those mystery story titles? The Late Guest? Death by Scones?

Thanks for the chuckle. and BLESS his
heart.gif

I wonder sometimes when a guest upon departing will tell me she made the bed for me.
Or the ones that sleep on top of the bed... or the ones that take the sheets off and sleep on the mattress pad -
Had both of these the same weekend recently, made for a lot of extra laundry.

I think that guest stayed here.
I had an old fella say that once as well. I think he must have felt purdy dang lucky he got the new sheets for the month...

And the guest who strips the bed and puts the sheets in the hall "to help" - like they know which room has to be redone first, let alone how much harder it makes stain checking!
How about a novel called Death By Laundry??!!

And the guest who strips the bed and puts the sheets in the hall "to help" - like they know which room has to be redone first, let alone how much harder it makes stain checking!
How about a novel called Death By Laundry??!!.
Mac said:
YES!

I think that guest stayed here.
I had an old fella say that once as well. I think he must have felt purdy dang lucky he got the new sheets for the month....
BWWAAHAHAHAHA! "...he got the new sheets for the month"!
I bet he thought he won the sheet lotto!

Mac said:
How about a novel called Death By Laundry??!!
Washed and Died?

ha! back to laundry -- how about the owner who told me not to bother washing the sheets, just smooth them out and make the bed? how long did i work for her? 5 minutes i think.

ha! back to laundry -- how about the owner who told me not to bother washing the sheets, just smooth them out and make the bed? how long did i work for her? 5 minutes i think..
seashanty said:
ha! back to laundry -- how about the owner who told me not to bother washing the sheets, just smooth them out and make the bed? how long did i work for her? 5 minutes i think.
Wasn't there one who wanted you to also mow the lawn and rake the leaves?

yes, Arks! good memory. it was a massive overgrowth that needed to be cut down, mowed and raked to get ready for the new season. in the very same neighborhood. i think that's the place where i was out walking and saw the sign for light housekeeping help or something ... RUN AWAY!

yes, Arks! good memory. it was a massive overgrowth that needed to be cut down, mowed and raked to get ready for the new season. in the very same neighborhood. i think that's the place where i was out walking and saw the sign for light housekeeping help or something ... RUN AWAY!.
seashanty said:
yes, Arks! good memory. it was a massive overgrowth that needed to be cut down, mowed and raked to get ready for the new season. in the very same neighborhood. i think that's the place where i was out walking and saw the sign for light housekeeping help or something ... RUN AWAY!
I remember that sign and story too, I think you weren't wearing your glasses that day, it read: INNSLAVER WANTED!

Mac said:
YES!
Sigh. Friends do this too. Finally got DH to do the check if he gets to a bed first.

Thanks for the chuckle. and BLESS his
heart.gif

I wonder sometimes when a guest upon departing will tell me she made the bed for me.
Or the ones that sleep on top of the bed... or the ones that take the sheets off and sleep on the mattress pad -
Had both of these the same weekend recently, made for a lot of extra laundry..
Copperhead said:
They have no clue that they are NOT doing us any favors! What do they think...that we don't change the sheets between guests?!
omg_smile.gif
I would not want to stay at their house.

Latest posts

Back