Cleaning out the filing cabinet

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love these posts!
regular_smile.gif
We poured over old rooms pictures and house pictures a couple months ago. One picture shows the house without its trademark hedges and the tree (that the grandchildren linked hands and tried to go around the trunk of the tree unsuccessfully.) as a sapling being held up by ropes and posts….
Duff2014 said:
I love these posts!
regular_smile.gif
We poured over old rooms pictures and house pictures a couple months ago. One picture shows the house without its trademark hedges and the tree (that the grandchildren linked hands and tried to go around the trunk of the tree unsuccessfully.) as a sapling being held up by ropes and posts…
NEAT!

Room rates from 11 years ago for this week...
$10 - $30 more. The most expensive room is the one that is $10 more now than 11 years ago!.
Morticia said:
$10 - $30 more. The most expensive room is the one that is $10 more now than 11 years ago!
I say it all the time, everything goes up and we are expected to eat it. The other ones who i always think of are hair dressers, I paid more for my Farrah Fawcett haircut from the stylist in PB in, when, probably about 1978 than I pay today.

$10 - $30 more. The most expensive room is the one that is $10 more now than 11 years ago!.
Morticia said:
$10 - $30 more. The most expensive room is the one that is $10 more now than 11 years ago!
I say it all the time, everything goes up and we are expected to eat it. The other ones who i always think of are hair dressers, I paid more for my Farrah Fawcett haircut from the stylist in PB in, when, probably about 1978 than I pay today.
JBloggs said:
Morticia said:
Next month is a whole other story! Rates in 2006 were $79 - $99.

Morticia said:
I can never remember what my hairdresser's rates are since she finally raised them a few months ago. A couple weeks ago I was in a rush when I got a whack & a doo so gave her $20 asking if that covered it. Yes. Saturday I got doo and was afraid the $20 had not included a tip so asked what a whack & doo is now (THIS may make me remember now). $16 was the answer. Now I need to memorize how much a doo is.

Before my dh had surgery in October, I did a major first run blitz on tossing papers. (I knew that I'd get virtually nothing done for a couple of months.)
Recycled a whole bunch of greeting cards from many different occasions. I did save a few that had very sweet notes from people that mean a lot to me. And, there were many trips down memory lane just like you. How wonderful to find that note from your mother.
heart.gif

I chucked all kinds of old B&B info. Some of it hasn't changed much. I will be glad when I'm outside of the auditing window for a biz so that I can get rid of all the inn paperwork. It's getting close now...
Good luck with this project!!

Morticia said:
JBloggs said:
Morticia said:
When we left vt a million years ago, my cut and color and eye brow shaping was about $30 - $40. (I can't remember now!)
First time I called a salon here I hung up the phone and cried - $105. I actually drove to VT a couple of times to get my hair cut!
Learned how to color my own hair and started going to one of those 'clip joints' where it's an assembly line. $17.
Now I go to a place that also does a lovely shoulder massage as well as the haircut. $45.
But, yeah, it's all over the place!

Before my dh had surgery in October, I did a major first run blitz on tossing papers. (I knew that I'd get virtually nothing done for a couple of months.)
Recycled a whole bunch of greeting cards from many different occasions. I did save a few that had very sweet notes from people that mean a lot to me. And, there were many trips down memory lane just like you. How wonderful to find that note from your mother.
heart.gif

I chucked all kinds of old B&B info. Some of it hasn't changed much. I will be glad when I'm outside of the auditing window for a biz so that I can get rid of all the inn paperwork. It's getting close now...
Good luck with this project!!.
What's your word for the decluttering process? I can't remember.

Morticia said:
JBloggs said:
Morticia said:
$45 when my Grandparents started this place… $40 for the main floor room since the guests had to walk through the foyer to the bathroom before Grandpa built the bath inside the room.

We had a weird kind of 'major cancellation' last weekend.
Couple checked in and I found their reservations. Two rooms for two nights.
Nooooo, they said, one room only. And they changed their minds, they only want one night.
Since the house was empty except for them, we just let it go, but we told them, if this had been August, you would have been required to pay for two rooms for two nights each.

heart.gif

Good luck with this project!!.
What's your word for the decluttering process? I can't remember.
De-crapifying...
teeth_smile.gif

I have a lot of that still to do, as well as selling off/donating many big items, as we'll be moving to a pretty small house sometime next year.
omg_smile.gif

Morticia said:
JBloggs said:
Morticia said:
$45 when my Grandparents started this place… $40 for the main floor room since the guests had to walk through the foyer to the bathroom before Grandpa built the bath inside the room.
Gutted we used to have a conference here in june was £195 per night ($245) per night for 4 night minimum - every room booked and all came same day for 4 nights - was like having 3 days off but making lots of money!

Back