committing a crime!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ark! you're doing it right. makeup! ... i've gradually veered away from much makeup ... it just sort of happened. but if i go out on the town, so to speak, i like to red up my lips
kiss.gif

today i was in a car accident before 7 am, wearing one of my funky zoo hats. (i was wearing street clothes, though, no jammy bottoms) and the police officer just grinned from ear to ear talking to me about what happened. he jotted down in the midst of his notes where i got my hat! almost made the incident not so bad. almost.
i had a perm once in my life and looked like a lion ... awful! but i can do the straight hair and shimmery pale blue eyeshadow with white lipstick. ohmy.

ark! you're doing it right. makeup! ... i've gradually veered away from much makeup ... it just sort of happened. but if i go out on the town, so to speak, i like to red up my lips
kiss.gif

today i was in a car accident before 7 am, wearing one of my funky zoo hats. (i was wearing street clothes, though, no jammy bottoms) and the police officer just grinned from ear to ear talking to me about what happened. he jotted down in the midst of his notes where i got my hat! almost made the incident not so bad. almost.
i had a perm once in my life and looked like a lion ... awful! but i can do the straight hair and shimmery pale blue eyeshadow with white lipstick. ohmy..
You ok?

i am fine, thank you. just feeling edgy now. it was hard to go on to work, do the job and then drive back through stop and go traffic. i was feeling nervous. my poor car has issues. i thought it wasn't so bad but something scrapes the ground when i go over a bump and i can feel the air blowing in around the door. i said it was driveable when i filed the report, but have decided to get a small rental car to drive up through boston to see the family on christmas ... just to be on the safe side. i don't want to damage the car more.

seashanty said:
ark! you're doing it right.
Me? What did _I_ do?
Don't bring ME into this. I just try to send somebody ELSE to the store for me!

seashanty said:
ark! you're doing it right.
Me? What did _I_ do?
Don't bring ME into this. I just try to send somebody ELSE to the store for me!.
oops, ark. i thought it was you that said you never leave the house without hair and makeup done. thought you were making a joke. must have you on my mind. sorry.
embaressed_smile.gif

I've definitely been known to go out grocery shopping, etc in sweats. Around here, if people are wearing something other than sweats or camo, it's getting dressed up! And forget about make-up!.
Breakfast Diva said:
I've definitely been known to go out grocery shopping, etc in sweats. Around here, if people are wearing something other than sweats or camo, it's getting dressed up! And forget about make-up!
I am SO thankful I live in a place where make-up is not required! Partly because I just don't want to be bothered and partly because I break out something fierce. I did the whole 'big hair, skirts, heels and make-up' in the 80's. And I have the hideous photos to prove it!
Madeleine said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I've definitely been known to go out grocery shopping, etc in sweats. Around here, if people are wearing something other than sweats or camo, it's getting dressed up! And forget about make-up!
I am SO thankful I live in a place where make-up is not required! Partly because I just don't want to be bothered and partly because I break out something fierce. I did the whole 'big hair, skirts, heels and make-up' in the 80's. And I have the hideous photos to prove it!
I hear ya! After living in the town of stick models, perfect make up and keeping up with the Jones's mentality, it was a breath of fresh air to live somewhere where what you look like and what you drive doesn't matter.
I went from paying $150 for a cut & color, to $45. My hairdresser thinks I'm nuts for tipping her so much...it's still a bargain! LOL
Reverse here. I was paying $42 for a cut and color in vt. got here and it was over $100 with tip. I learned to color my own hair and I go every few months to have my hair tamed!
ive been super lucky lately as DH won me a free hair cut on twitter and another friend gave me a free hair cut card which the salon next door to her is giving out as they have a new stylist who is trying to get established - would like to get my hair coloured in the new year but havn't decided what im doing yet.

I've definitely been known to go out grocery shopping, etc in sweats. Around here, if people are wearing something other than sweats or camo, it's getting dressed up! And forget about make-up!.
Breakfast Diva said:
Madeleine said:
Breakfast Diva said:
I hear ya! After living in the town of stick models, perfect make up and keeping up with the Jones's mentality, it was a breath of fresh air to live somewhere where what you look like and what you drive doesn't matter.
I went from paying $150 for a cut & color, to $45. My hairdresser thinks I'm nuts for tipping her so much...it's still a bargain! LOL
I get a whack & Doo for $15 WIRH tip and a perm for $50 with tip. It is nice living in real world.

i am fine, thank you. just feeling edgy now. it was hard to go on to work, do the job and then drive back through stop and go traffic. i was feeling nervous. my poor car has issues. i thought it wasn't so bad but something scrapes the ground when i go over a bump and i can feel the air blowing in around the door. i said it was driveable when i filed the report, but have decided to get a small rental car to drive up through boston to see the family on christmas ... just to be on the safe side. i don't want to damage the car more..
Glad you are OK. Cares are replaceable, YOU are not!

Back