Damage - Guests or Neighborhood kids?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copperhead

Reaction score
Second time this year and we are peeved! Someone has deliberately vandalized our hot-tub. It is in a secluded area of our property, out of site and away from most walking traffic. And this is the time of year where it would get the most use.

We are at a point where we have discussed installing video surveillance to at least track the comings and goings, not necessarily to see what goes on IN the hot tub!
embaressed_smile.gif
We believe it was a neighborhood kid, as the neighborhood has had trouble with this family since they moved here. Trouble is no one has ever had proof of who it is while we all 'know' the guilty party!
angry_smile.gif

Surveillance cameras and signs placed strategically would be a good thing. They are very inexpensive these days..I would go for it. And if guests complain... make sure they know it isn't pointed at the hot tub.
devil_smile.gif

How about a BEWARE OF DOG sign and a Vicious recording on a motion detector ..LOL!

D-Link surveillance camera. It sends pictures when there is movement and not all the time. Love that.

Do it! You can pick them up at SAMs club or Walmart dirt cheap.
do you want me to come down there and kick some butt? Okay I am on the way...and bringing reinforcements!

do you want me to come down there and kick some butt? Okay I am on the way...and bringing reinforcements!.
Joey Bloggs said:
do you want me to come down there and kick some butt? Okay I am on the way...and bringing reinforcements!
thumbs_up.gif
If the forecast holds it will be sunny & 60 (high). By that time 60 will fill like summer to all of you!

Surveillance cameras and signs placed strategically would be a good thing. They are very inexpensive these days..I would go for it. And if guests complain... make sure they know it isn't pointed at the hot tub.
devil_smile.gif

How about a BEWARE OF DOG sign and a Vicious recording on a motion detector ..LOL!.
EmptyNest said:
devil_smile.gif

How about a BEWARE OF DOG sign and a Vicious recording on a motion detector ..LOL!
If I do this I would put the warning in the room with the rest of the info and not signs outside. If it is those kids I want to see their faces and not hoodies!

How about a sign: "Never Mind the Dog: Owner is a Member of NRA. You've Been Warned."

surveillance cam ... definitely. and i'd tell your guests it's there so they don't see it and wonder if they are being secretly watched.
you might get a big surprise when you see who's doing the damage.
anyway ... one place i worked they put up fake surveillance cameras quite high with little signs lower down mentioning surveillance cameras in use .... and even though they were not wired up, the damage and theft stopped immediately.
they got some real ones, too. but no one knew what was what.
i'm sorry this is happening.
sad_smile.gif

Yes but you must have a recorder going on or you will have to sit and watch your tv. all the time.

Back