demo starts today!!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another in a long line of delays.
We deliberately did not buy a new shower head for this project because the one we had was practically brand new.
Surprise! The workers "can't find" the showerhead they took off our shower at the beginning of demo.
I don't like to accuse, but I have the strangest feeling one of our carpenters has a nearly new showerhead.
Grrrrrr..
Don't buy that $9.99 clearance ceiling light at HD! (was over $30) Not worth the savings! The screws didn't line up with the holes in the holder, other pieces weren't long enough to do the job it was supposed to do, and the directions were horrible. We made it work and its up, but we didn't buy anymore of them like we were planning to before....

Another in a long line of delays.
We deliberately did not buy a new shower head for this project because the one we had was practically brand new.
Surprise! The workers "can't find" the showerhead they took off our shower at the beginning of demo.
I don't like to accuse, but I have the strangest feeling one of our carpenters has a nearly new showerhead.
Grrrrrr..
we had this - handman got us a nearly new PVC door which was to save us about $600 stood outside for about 6 months ready for the project - day 2 of the back extension it disappeared - I think they got rid of it by accident - was furious!

Finished! Pictures posted on my FB page and website.
Go to FB from www.seafarer-inn.com
I'm thrilled with the result. Not so much with the process, but that memory will fade.
The corner shower solved a space issue. The marble vanity still has a vintage feel even though it is new. The paint color (Clark & Kensington Biscaya) is a foggy green grey that is also in our main common living room. Beachy without being sea-shelly.
(If some clever person wants to post pictures here, you have my permission. Every time I try, my computer freezes and I have to reboot. So I stopped trying. And for the record, I am able to post pictures to my fitnesspal.com and to howzz dot com and to my FB page and lots of other places, but for some reason, I get stymied here. Not a technical wizard, but I have other talents (luckily.))

I'm thrilled with the result. Not so much with the process, but that memory will fade.
The corner shower solved a space issue. The marble vanity still has a vintage feel even though it is new. The paint color (Clark & Kensington Biscaya) is a foggy green grey that is also in our main common living room. Beachy without being sea-shelly.
(If some clever person wants to post pictures here, you have my permission. Every time I try, my computer freezes and I have to reboot. So I stopped trying. And for the record, I am able to post pictures to my fitnesspal.com and to howzz dot com and to my FB page and lots of other places, but for some reason, I get stymied here. Not a technical wizard, but I have other talents (luckily.)).
Nice fan fold on the washcloth! ;-) The marble vanity top looks good.

(If some clever person wants to post pictures here, you have my permission. Every time I try, my computer freezes and I have to reboot. So I stopped trying. And for the record, I am able to post pictures to my fitnesspal.com and to howzz dot com and to my FB page and lots of other places, but for some reason, I get stymied here. Not a technical wizard, but I have other talents (luckily.)).
Morticia said:
DH is an artist with a washcloth! :)

I think this will work:
Before:
12509109_974893302584383_5221960786233426729_n.jpg

During:
12509013_981292518611128_3043409341220901553_n.jpg

After:
12642445_993839800689733_8039119462657485799_n.jpg

I think this will work:
Before:

During:

After:
looks super clean - which is what we all want - ie as you walk in you think - yup this is clean.
Half way though our room 12 reno - HUGE unecessary radiator out, new sockets all over in, tv point and cable all inside the walls, all plastered up, decorator due monday, light in bathroom replaced with MUCH better light so you can actually see your hand in front of your face! carpet booked for thursday and then putting everything back together - for valentines weekened!

I think this will work:
Before:

During:

After:
looks super clean - which is what we all want - ie as you walk in you think - yup this is clean.
Half way though our room 12 reno - HUGE unecessary radiator out, new sockets all over in, tv point and cable all inside the walls, all plastered up, decorator due monday, light in bathroom replaced with MUCH better light so you can actually see your hand in front of your face! carpet booked for thursday and then putting everything back together - for valentines weekened!
Jcam said:
Holy cow! We wouldn't dare do that here. Just doing the TV's has taken 3 days and the TV's aren't even installed! He's not done with the wiring. We'll be installing them all this week, repainting the walls and the conduit and then cleaning the carpets in every room.

I think this will work:
Before:

During:

After:
Jcam said:
Holy cow! We wouldn't dare do that here. Just doing the TV's has taken 3 days and the TV's aren't even installed! He's not done with the wiring. We'll be installing them all this week, repainting the walls and the conduit and then cleaning the carpets in every room.
when we recabled for tv's (all new ariels, boosters blah blah) we were pretty lucky as brought in through the outside wall and I said exactly where I wanted it - in the main the cable runs behind the wardrobe and you just see about 6 inches between that and the tv where it comes out of the alcove so didn't need to bother with trunking - the plug sockets are more of a problem as all were located when the previous owners had VERY small old style tv's on sort of stuck out stands from the wall so now all the sockets are in awkward places for the new tv's - its all about hiding them behind dressing table mirrors and stuff!

I think this will work:
Before:

During:

After:
Jcam said:
Morticia said:
Jcam said:
Our houses have character, wit, attitude, etc unlike their cousins across the pond. "You want to do WHAT to me?!? Think again, humans!"
wink_smile.gif

I think this will work:
Before:

During:

After:
Jcam said:
Morticia said:
Jcam said:
Our houses have character, wit, attitude, etc unlike their cousins across the pond. "You want to do WHAT to me?!? Think again, humans!"
wink_smile.gif

also forgot about the 2 dead pigeons that fell out of the chimney when we removed the fire surround - the PO's but 2 had put in a gas fire which was one of those ultra modern ones with rocks in which never ruddy worked so next po's had the gas shut off then built a massive wooden headboard sort of over it which looked awful especially as we put a victorian half tester antique bed in front of it (stuck out at each side!) got that off and then the weird fire place out - 10 tons of soot fell out plus everything else - bleugh! - just can't wait for paul to get here tomorrow as that's when it finally starts looking like something.

Back