Dinner for a whole house

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did the dinner go?.
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
Everything went well! The point person was apologizing for making us have to work so hard, and I told her and I meant it, that it was music to my ears to hear them laughing and have a great time together.
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
The one child who was here spilled his drink within 5 minutes of being served. He did not have a goblet or any stemware, just a can of soda.
We did dessert service at 7pm and everyone loved everything. They played music and games in the parlor.
Really this is the way to do it, if you are spread out, all meet in the middle and have the entire inn to yourself, with someone else doing all the cooking! Brilliant idea. Photo from this morning here. They have been following the blog, so I asked if they wanted one of all of them, and they did!
We have a musician home for the holiday from Nashville, and playing tonight just a block away. I told them to expect 10 tonight for this local wing ding (our guests are excited to go) two groups will be playing. The other is an all female bluegrass band, fiddle, dobro, bass fiddle, banjo and guitar.
Next Friday: newly crowned IBMA Male Vocalist Of The Year Mr. Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice...**Dec 7
**Anyone want to come out next weekend, we have rooms open! Plus our downtown come home to a Franklin County Christmas! End of our street. You are MORE THAN WELCOME! (Innmate rates apply)
Joey Bloggs said:
Photo from this morning here.
And the drink spiller got the head of the table position!
I enjoyed scrolling on down to see how the blur produced a full tail wag from the Assistant to the Assistant Innkeeper!

How did the dinner go?.
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
Everything went well! The point person was apologizing for making us have to work so hard, and I told her and I meant it, that it was music to my ears to hear them laughing and have a great time together.
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
The one child who was here spilled his drink within 5 minutes of being served. He did not have a goblet or any stemware, just a can of soda.
We did dessert service at 7pm and everyone loved everything. They played music and games in the parlor.
Really this is the way to do it, if you are spread out, all meet in the middle and have the entire inn to yourself, with someone else doing all the cooking! Brilliant idea. Photo from this morning here. They have been following the blog, so I asked if they wanted one of all of them, and they did!
We have a musician home for the holiday from Nashville, and playing tonight just a block away. I told them to expect 10 tonight for this local wing ding (our guests are excited to go) two groups will be playing. The other is an all female bluegrass band, fiddle, dobro, bass fiddle, banjo and guitar.
Next Friday: newly crowned IBMA Male Vocalist Of The Year Mr. Junior Sisk & Ramblers Choice...**Dec 7
**Anyone want to come out next weekend, we have rooms open! Plus our downtown come home to a Franklin County Christmas! End of our street. You are MORE THAN WELCOME! (Innmate rates apply)
Joey Bloggs said:
I enjoyed scrolling on down to see how the blur produced a full tail wag from the Assistant to the Assistant Innkeeper!
He got the head seat today, so both parents could help him. Haha. They removed his water and left him with juice only. He is a really great kid, he has a ukulele to play.

How did the dinner go?.
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
Joey Bloggs said:
He got the head seat today, so both parents could help him. Haha. They removed his water and left him with juice only. He is a really great kid, he has a ukulele to play.
I givr kids a heavy goblet - the stem is easier for them to grab than a glass and their fist then supports the bowl of the goblet. 2 to 4 get a wine goblet and older ones get a water goblet size.

How did the dinner go?.
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
And THAT is why I love group bookings! You think I'm crazy when I say I love groups but that's what they're like most of the time and I've never had a "bad" group. I'm glad you got a great one!

I got hugs at check out, each person thanking us for all we did for them. They said, and I quote, they go to a different B&B every Thanksgiving (somewhere in the middle of all of them - distance wise) and this one has been the best, provided everything they wanted and needed!
That meant a lot to me, I know it is not easy planning something like this for a whole family. We just let them do their thing, and were not in the way all the time. Cleaned up afterward, and that was that. I would be the same, "I am not there to visit the innkeepers, I am there for family!"
heart.gif

How did the dinner go?.
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
And THAT is why I love group bookings! You think I'm crazy when I say I love groups but that's what they're like most of the time and I've never had a "bad" group. I'm glad you got a great one!
happyjacks said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
How did the dinner go?
thumbs_up.gif

Wonderful!
It has been only happy gatherings for us also when a family booked. When we get a family booking, this house ROCKS as they gall to each other from room to room just like they would at home.

I got hugs at check out, each person thanking us for all we did for them. They said, and I quote, they go to a different B&B every Thanksgiving (somewhere in the middle of all of them - distance wise) and this one has been the best, provided everything they wanted and needed!
That meant a lot to me, I know it is not easy planning something like this for a whole family. We just let them do their thing, and were not in the way all the time. Cleaned up afterward, and that was that. I would be the same, "I am not there to visit the innkeepers, I am there for family!"
heart.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
heart.gif
That is wonderful.

You can feel proud to put this one in your substantial portfolio of successes!
thumbs_up.gif

Congratulations JB! You probably kicked off their holiday season in the perfect way.

Back