Do you host family reunions?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our property is actually perfect for family reunions and such but we have learned to turn them down unless they rent the entire property for 5 nights or more and there is an extra charge.
Yes, I know you think this is a great deal for us but No, we are not thrilled to have you here. We are scared and know what you are capable of and therefore the 1 extra night charged for each cottage to give us time and money to replace and repair all that you have damaged.
That usually scares them away.
Many years ago a family in the neighborhood had 250 some people in town and booked into other accommodations, for a reunion. Since we have a firepit in the meadow and lots of space, they decided without letting us know, that the whole gang should come here and enjoy the fire one night.
Imagine our surprise as the cars drove in, drove through Mike's garden, trampled through the property, moved garden furniture to where they were comfortable, parked all over the place, bothered other guests, used the bathrooms in the 3 cottages they had rented here. Grrrrrr.... my blood pressure is still high from that event.
We discourage reunions. We can rent our cottages without them.

Our property is actually perfect for family reunions and such but we have learned to turn them down unless they rent the entire property for 5 nights or more and there is an extra charge.
Yes, I know you think this is a great deal for us but No, we are not thrilled to have you here. We are scared and know what you are capable of and therefore the 1 extra night charged for each cottage to give us time and money to replace and repair all that you have damaged.
Many years ago a family in the neighborhood had 250 some people in town and booked into other accommodations, for a reunion. Since we have a firepit in the meadow and lots of space, they decided without letting us know, that the whole gang should come here and enjoy the fire one night.
Imagine our surprise as the cars drove in, drove through Mike's garden, trampled through the property, moved garden furniture to where they were comfortable, parked all over the place, bothered other guests, used the bathrooms in the 3 cottages they had rented here. Grrrrrr.... my blood pressure is still high from that event.
We discourage reunions. We can rent our cottages without them..
This is it exactly. Mob mentality. They don't get it that more is not merrier for us. Wish we could just find a way to block this.

This is it exactly. Mob mentality. They don't get it that more is not merrier for us. Wish we could just find a way to block this.
i think im becomming more and more noise intollerant as i get old! they don't realise we have to work the next day and the day after and the day after that! we need our sleep!

i think im becomming more and more noise intollerant as i get old! they don't realise we have to work the next day and the day after and the day after that! we need our sleep!
I have always been "allergic" to gratuitous noise. My kids were not allowed to scream off the top of their lungs and so is no one else, lol
I am not worried about myself, but I get very irritated when I think about the other guests. I don't want anyone ever to feel uncomfortable or bothered.

I have always been "allergic" to gratuitous noise. My kids were not allowed to scream off the top of their lungs and so is no one else, lol
I am not worried about myself, but I get very irritated when I think about the other guests. I don't want anyone ever to feel uncomfortable or bothered.
what i get annoyed with is when say 2 have to be up early for a show and bang around like ruddy elephants when others are trying to sleep!

what i get annoyed with is when say 2 have to be up early for a show and bang around like ruddy elephants when others are trying to sleep!
that made me laugh out loud. thanks :)

someone here does weddings and reunions and group things ... hopefully will chime in they seem to have it down pat.

Back