Do you link to TripAdvisor from your website?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While we are on this subject
Innkeepers I hope you are going in an adding new photos to your TA listing.
thumbs_up.gif

Do you share your TA badge on your FB page? It will bring up a full page of your reviews (and/or your photos).
Yup, added that link when I set up the FB page....not that anyone actually finds our FB page!
sad_smile.gif

Let me hijack this thread since you mention FB. I have a new client who doesn't want to have to post in her blog and on facebook. There use to be a way to link blog posts to your facebook page. I have googled and tried but nothing works. I read they have done away with it. Is that true? OR if you ( I mean anyone ;-) do this..how did you set it up? I am about to give up.
EmptyNest said:
Let me hijack this thread since you mention FB. I have a new client who doesn't want to have to post in her blog and on facebook. There use to be a way to link blog posts to your facebook page. I have googled and tried but nothing works. I read they have done away with it. Is that true? OR if you ( I mean anyone ;-) do this..how did you set it up? I am about to give up.
I do mine through networked blogs It's kind of glitchy. Sometimes it works quick and great, but then sometimes it takes a long time to post and maybe not at all. Better than nothing though!

I'd like to think that the ta link clinches the deal.
We have the certificate of excellence widget on our home page, there are related properties on the lading page which I suppose is a risk but nothing listing properties by rating, so nothings saying "look, this property is better than the one you've just been looking at".
To clarify, for the cert of ex. widget at least, it's not a "redirect", it opens in a new tab, so our page is still open behind it.

There are a few programs to auto post to FB but it is just as easy imo to click the share buttons on the blog when posting. Have those social media share buttons there.
i auto post to Twitter and Google +, i like larger images on FB so manually post them most of the time.
i know Arks has had some issues w this, the post not showing the blog photo, etc. i also know on another blogging platform I use it NEVER pulls the current image, but the standard blog logo itself, only.

Resurrecting this thread as I just got another email from TA with a new badge to post on our site.
For those that do have a TA badge link do you find you receive more reviews on TA due to it?
Do any of you think that the badge causes people to get lost to all the TA stuff and end up elsewhere?

Resurrecting this thread as I just got another email from TA with a new badge to post on our site.
For those that do have a TA badge link do you find you receive more reviews on TA due to it?
Do any of you think that the badge causes people to get lost to all the TA stuff and end up elsewhere?.
It just adds to site load times :-( They are sending them out to everyone. I doubt many people ever use them. If they are going to post they will. You can just as easily create your own link to your review site yourself and not have to take up resources downloading stuff to their widget.

Do any of you think that the badge causes people to get lost to all the TA stuff and end up elsewhere?.
It just adds to site load times :-( They are sending them out to everyone. I doubt many people ever use them. If they are going to post they will. You can just as easily create your own link to your review site yourself and not have to take up resources downloading stuff to their widget.
Worse, it let's them track your website.

I got it (e-mail) also and promptly gave it attention TA deserves - delete to the badge. I am not helping anyone leave my website. They have to do it the hard way - by clicking their mouse.

I keep the badge but delete the link.

I keep the badge but delete the link.
I do Mort's trick. I take the screenshot image of the badge, place it on my page and delete any link.

Back