Do you publish your menu?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We simply state that breakfast changes daily and is always chef's choice and here is a sampling of things we have served.
Nothing special on Sunday, in fact, we try to use what's seasonal, so even though I have at least 14 different breakfasts, it's closer to 25 or so, since some aren't made during certain seasons, because of lack of produce or products.
For example, just after Christmas is when we get pannetone off-price and we use it for FT. Never available any other time of year.
Nothing special on Sunday. Every day is special. Once a year we break out a bottle of bubbly, but it's also our most expensive day, we double our daily price..
Sugar Bear said:
We simply state that breakfast changes daily and is always chef's choice and here is a sampling of things we have served.
Nothing special on Sunday, in fact, we try to use what's seasonal, so even though I have at least 14 different breakfasts, it's closer to 25 or so, since some aren't made during certain seasons, because of lack of produce or products.
For example, just after Christmas is when we get pannetone off-price and we use it for FT. Never available any other time of year.
Nothing special on Sunday. Every day is special. Once a year we break out a bottle of bubbly, but it's also our most expensive day, we double our daily price.
If we doubled our price on "champagne day" we would be accused of illegally selling alcohol. We do surprise people with champagne if called for - honeymoon, New Year's Eve. But it has to be truly no charge.
TheBeachHouse said:
If we doubled our price on "champagne day" we would be accused of illegally selling alcohol. We do surprise people with champagne if called for - honeymoon, New Year's Eve. But it has to be truly no charge.
The one time I did that, literally the one and only time...it had a bad repercussion. I don't even like to think about it. Now I am mad.
BYO is my thang for here on out...

Nothing special on Sunday. Every day is special. Once a year we break out a bottle of bubbly, but it's also our most expensive day, we double our daily price..
Sugar Bear said:
Nothing special on Sunday. Every day is special. Once a year we break out a bottle of bubbly, but it's also our most expensive day, we double our daily price.
TheBeachHouse said:
The one time I did that, literally the one and only time...it had a bad repercussion. I don't even like to think about it. Now I am mad.
Joey Bloggs said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh, c'mon. you brought it up, now you have to share. what went wrong?

Sugar Bear said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Our first year here we gave guests a split if it was a special day. Then we found out we were not allowed to do that. It was sad because the guests really liked the gift.
All that to say make sure your state allows you to GIVE the alcohol away. Ours says that if the guest paid for the room, they paid for the alcohol and I'm selling booze without a license. Never mess with ATF.

Sugar Bear said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh, c'mon. you brought it up, now you have to share. what went wrong?
I ONLY give Sparkling Cider because:
#1 - it would considered as being factored in the cost of room so sold
#2 - I have no idea who is or is not on "the wagon" and do not wish to embarrass anyone
I used to give splits and goblets to all guests - then the glass company went out of business due to high gas prices and the goblet were no longer easily available nor inexpensive (I bought from the outlet room). Guests liked it, I liked giving WV glassware. I had one couple that got all defensive when she saw the splits - we don't drink - until I explained it was cider. They were preachers. Bring you own - I will loan wine glasses.

Sugar Bear said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Our first year here we gave guests a split if it was a special day. Then we found out we were not allowed to do that. It was sad because the guests really liked the gift.
All that to say make sure your state allows you to GIVE the alcohol away. Ours says that if the guest paid for the room, they paid for the alcohol and I'm selling booze without a license. Never mess with ATF.
Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
ABC here, they will run you right over the coals, if they WANT TO.

Sugar Bear said:
TheBeachHouse said:
It's a very special weekend in the calendar. The guest pay about double the normal rate for three to four days of that weekend. And we never tell them about the champagne, it's our gift to them on the final day. It's not per guest, it's part of breakfast, if they so wish.

Back