Do you taylor your menu to guests' culture?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We stock GF oatmeal in individual packets and GF granola bars. Other than that, if you are avoiding G, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, raisins, coconut, walnuts and GF Special K. That should be enough for anyone. Avoid the pancakes. :).
TheBeachHouse said:
We stock GF oatmeal in individual packets and GF granola bars. Other than that, if you are avoiding G, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, raisins, coconut, walnuts and GF Special K. That should be enough for anyone. Avoid the pancakes. :)
Those GF oatmeal packs are a life saver! Glad someone mentioned them here. My allergic to eggs crowd is in heaven. They asked for oatmeal. Help yourself!
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
We stock GF oatmeal in individual packets and GF granola bars. Other than that, if you are avoiding G, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, raisins, coconut, walnuts and GF Special K. That should be enough for anyone. Avoid the pancakes. :)
Those GF oatmeal packs are a life saver! Glad someone mentioned them here. My allergic to eggs crowd is in heaven. They asked for oatmeal. Help yourself!
I like to make stove top oatmeal and serve it in a crock pot in the winter. DH doesn't like the idea. Anyone use this? I feel like it's something they wouldn't do for themselves. We surround it with brown sugar, cinnamon, coconut, raisins, nuts and cut fruit.
We have cracked oats with a blueberry compote, toasted slivered almonds, and toasted unsweetened coconut. The plate has three compartments for this breakfast. Our usual fruit section with five fresh local fruits and often our homemade turkey breast sausage with shredded local carrots and local spouts for the savary section. We also include coconut milk on the table for the oats. It often rolls into the rotation when we have guests for four or five nights as our lead.

No.
I always had yogurt and granola on hand but would assume nothing.
The times I thought they'd probably like this type of breakfast or that they were itching to try good old New England fare. I served what I served. Always.
I went to Scotland and had their giant breakfasts with beans and sausage. Same thing in Italy. Refused in Italy to go to a D unkin D with those who were dying for 'american coffee'. For me I wanted to experience it all including the food and drink (even if I didn't like it!).
D&D coffee over Italian coffee? madness the Italians are known the world over for their amazing coffee!

We stock GF oatmeal in individual packets and GF granola bars. Other than that, if you are avoiding G, eggs, bacon, yogurt, fruit, raisins, coconut, walnuts and GF Special K. That should be enough for anyone. Avoid the pancakes. :).
TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
I like to make stove top oatmeal and serve it in a crock pot in the winter. DH doesn't like the idea. Anyone use this? I feel like it's something they wouldn't do for themselves. We surround it with brown sugar, cinnamon, coconut, raisins, nuts and cut fruit.
I posted a Crock Pot Cereal in the recipes that is excellent - and can be served to Vegans. It calls for 7 grain cereal but I have used 5 grain and 10 grain. It is really easy to put together and just cooks all night. I serve it with brown sugar and/or (their choice) male syrup on the side.
gillumhouse said:
I posted a Crock Pot Cereal in the recipes that is excellent - and can be served to Vegans. It calls for 7 grain cereal but I have used 5 grain and 10 grain. It is really easy to put together and just cooks all night. I serve it with brown sugar and/or (their choice) male syrup on the side.
Love the recipe and haven't had the nerve to try it. And also love the maple syrup on the side!!

TheBeachHouse said:
Morticia said:
TheBeachHouse said:
gillumhouse said:
Love the recipe and haven't had the nerve to try it. And also love the maple syrup on the side!!
I have also used different juices when I did not have apple juice in-house (which is usually - I use the "too much to toss but not enough to serve" non-citric juices. I think I used blueberry pomegranate blend last time I made it.

No, not really. But we do buy slice meats for the Spanish Sail Team when they are here, but then again they take almost the whole house for about two weeks. This year we have the Spanish team in the house and the American team in the apartment. Could be interesting in the dining room depending on how the races go......

Back