Do you watch what you wear? Apron? Uniform?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Business casual here as well. If I had no help with serving breakfast (all weekdays), I probably had my apron on over my clothes most of the time.
Like Seashanty, I ordered long and short sleeved white tees with a small color inn logo just on the front for housekeeper and myself when cleaning rooms. Smart choice to avoid bleach or cleaners getting on nicer clothes. I had to constantly remind my housekeeper to wear them.
I still had some tops I had to pitch because I got bleach on them when I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off & didn't take the time to change.
sad_smile.gif

I was usually more pulled together and dressed better to greet guests in the evening at check-in. It is warm here. Sometimes I changed several times a day!!

Business casual here for us. I would like to have custom aprons made though..
I had mine done by the local Sheltered Workshop. They did a great job and it provided work forthe handicapped which is something close to our hearts.

When cleaning, I guess I looked like a totally different person judging from how people would treat me then and later as 'the Innkeeper' ha! Was always amused when someone would try to push me aside and come in ... telling me they knew the innkeeper. NOT!
But then again, I would have guests arrive, usually those on bicycles ... that looked worn and ragged. (and, well ... smelly) They would emerge after a shower and a rest looking like a million bucks.

Back