Don't worry! We brought a camp bed!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thumbs_down.gif
Joey Bloggs said:
I was overruled. Early arriving guests are now going to be able to use the laundry room toilet. I am to apologize profusely to them for the state of disrepair and then let them in.
What!!!! They are suppose to walk all over your laundry??? NO WAY! Smack that man for me!!
No, I'm supposed to move it all out of the way for them. Clean, dirty, in the middle of being ironed laundry and the huge bag of trash that is supposed to go out at the end of cleaning.
I have reached a state of I don't care. If that's what he wants fine I'll do it that way. 10 years of disagreeing just gets me another year of doing the same argument over again.
Maybe it's time to let him do the laundry
devil_smile.gif

He does half of the laundry but his half is in the basement.
It wouldn't be so bad but he never cleans up the laundry room so I go in there and find all the little trash bags from cleaning all the rooms plus the big trash bag from the kitchen.
Then there's the laundry. Sigh.
But no more wondering.
I'm just going to wait for one of the guests to come down in the morning to use that toilet while he's cooking breakfast and see how it goes then.
Especially if he's just popped in there to pee and someone opens the door!
If they can use it at 11am, they'll think nothing of using it all day and night.
Ok, just had another one today. Had to clear out the laundry room before the guest could go in but c'est la vie.
If I find the guest in there during breakfast dh is going to get a fat "I told you so." Although he did offer to put a real lock on the door for me this week.

Since I have found myself needing a bathroom where none were readily available, I tend to be very empathetic to the issue.
Also, the town does not have public bathrooms at all the beaches, so it's not always easy to find one.
I wouldn't sweat the laundry, they are asking for a favor, you can simply say, there is one in the laundry room and the laundry room is quite busy right now. Please forgive the mess.

K - please edit your post comparing your less than stellar bathroom to a neighborhood in NYC. Not appreciated.

Since I have found myself needing a bathroom where none were readily available, I tend to be very empathetic to the issue.
Also, the town does not have public bathrooms at all the beaches, so it's not always easy to find one.
I wouldn't sweat the laundry, they are asking for a favor, you can simply say, there is one in the laundry room and the laundry room is quite busy right now. Please forgive the mess..
TheBeachHouse said:
I wouldn't sweat the laundry, they are asking for a favor, you can simply say, there is one in the laundry room and the laundry room is quite busy right now. Please forgive the mess.
Not true - they DO remember the mess. I once caved and let a several time repeat guest use our bathroom (and at that time looked like it belonged in a slum as all money was spent on guest side). That was the last time they were here.

Wow! It sounds so exciting! I can feel the warmth of the people in this neighborhood. Make comprehending the advantages of knowing your neighbor a priority in your life. By doing this, you will reap the benefits of a happier, healthier life that is just a bit less lonely. A community that is safe, peaceful and healthy is where any family would love to live in.

Back