Every guest today has mentioned it...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As part of a personal project I have been doing for my own accommodation I have created some software trying to deal with trip advisor. I have come up with a solution that has been working for me and am trying to make it available for all.
It involves rather then sending out thankyou emails sending filter surveys and then different actions depending on the results. If people have had a negative time asking for a trip advisor review is a bad thing and you are also missing the opportunity to take action and improve on it.
I did a trial on my place, sorry I am a bit of a nerd for stats. During the two months for spring (Sep-Oct, I am down under) we had 512 guests for the 512 emails we sent we got 55 completed surveys, 42 positive replies, 13 negative ones and 33 positive reviews on trip advisor which was a massive increase on the 4 in the two months prior.
Do you guys think that this is something you guys might like? Am I wasting my time trying to make this available to others? I think its a really clear way to address a major buying factor.
This is my first post. Sorry if it is something inappropriate.
thenewinn said:
This is my first post. Sorry if it is something inappropriate
Only thing inappropriate is posting the same thing under multiple topics.
:welcome:
Sorry that was a rookie mistake. Didn't work out I could start a new thread until it was too late

As part of a personal project I have been doing for my own accommodation I have created some software trying to deal with trip advisor. I have come up with a solution that has been working for me and am trying to make it available for all.
It involves rather then sending out thankyou emails sending filter surveys and then different actions depending on the results. If people have had a negative time asking for a trip advisor review is a bad thing and you are also missing the opportunity to take action and improve on it.
I did a trial on my place, sorry I am a bit of a nerd for stats. During the two months for spring (Sep-Oct, I am down under) we had 512 guests for the 512 emails we sent we got 55 completed surveys, 42 positive replies, 13 negative ones and 33 positive reviews on trip advisor which was a massive increase on the 4 in the two months prior.
Do you guys think that this is something you guys might like? Am I wasting my time trying to make this available to others? I think its a really clear way to address a major buying factor.
Welcome!
I would be quite concerned about those "13 negative replies". What if in the future, one of those negatives does a bad review on TA? In my opinion, that would wipe out all of those positive reviews in a heart beat.

Welcome!
I would be quite concerned about those "13 negative replies". What if in the future, one of those negatives does a bad review on TA? In my opinion, that would wipe out all of those positive reviews in a heart beat.
Breakfast Diva said:
Welcome!
and were they legitimate, or just wanting an ear to listen,? Or nit picking? And did you report back on progress or fixes to the issues?
i think, personally, I don't need to invest as much time in this area, without a "team" to run the biz. Lol!

Welcome!
Hi Breakfast Diva,
Yes it would. But it is better that I get these comments so that I can address them directly before they are posted. An example of something negative is that one guest had a negative experience with the girl that I employ. I was able to address her concern directly and it improved my employee by showing her the effects of little actions she takes.
It gives you an extra opportunity to stop the bad review before it occurs. The most important part is the filter. Good experiences are gentle pushed towards trip advisor, negative experiences are sent apology and ability for you to address the issue before a bad review occurs

Welcome!
Hi Breakfast Diva,
Yes it would. But it is better that I get these comments so that I can address them directly before they are posted. An example of something negative is that one guest had a negative experience with the girl that I employ. I was able to address her concern directly and it improved my employee by showing her the effects of little actions she takes.
It gives you an extra opportunity to stop the bad review before it occurs. The most important part is the filter. Good experiences are gentle pushed towards trip advisor, negative experiences are sent apology and ability for you to address the issue before a bad review occurs
thenewinn said:
Hi Breakfast Diva,
yes, being proactive. I understand.

Welcome!
Breakfast Diva said:
Welcome!
and were they legitimate, or just wanting an ear to listen,? Or nit picking? And did you report back on progress or fixes to the issues?
i think, personally, I don't need to invest as much time in this area, without a "team" to run the biz. Lol!
The 13 negative replie are a mix. We are only six months in so we still have alot to learn. Over half are realated to noise due to the work we are doing. We are on a working vineyard. For me to be able to do the vineyard work I have to get it started by 6am most days so that I can finish by Midday to help with the cleaning etc.
While I am building a shed away at the moment it hasn't been completed yet. Once this is done all noise will be taken away from the house. Whenever this problem has come up. I have called to apologise and sent a complementary bottle of wine that the noise produces. We haven't had a trip advisor comment about it yet, I think because we have addressed the problem head on.
The software has been created because I don't have a team. It takes me under a minute a day to use, in which time the guest information is filled in so that they survey is sent at the relevant time, also sent is a personalised welcome email two days before arrival with weather information, information about what to do in the region and some links if they want to read more.
I think it has been a massive part of us moving from 21 to 3 in the rankings in under 3 months and it takes me less then one minute a day unles someone complains.

Welcome!
Breakfast Diva said:
Welcome!
The 13 negative replie are a mix. We are only six months in so we still have alot to learn. Over half are realated to noise due to the work we are doing. We are on a working vineyard. For me to be able to do the vineyard work I have to get it started by 6am most days so that I can finish by Midday to help with the cleaning etc.
While I am building a shed away at the moment it hasn't been completed yet. Once this is done all noise will be taken away from the house. Whenever this problem has come up. I have called to apologise and sent a complementary bottle of wine that the noise produces. We haven't had a trip advisor comment about it yet, I think because we have addressed the problem head on.
The software has been created because I don't have a team. It takes me under a minute a day to use, in which time the guest information is filled in so that they survey is sent at the relevant time, also sent is a personalised welcome email two days before arrival with weather information, information about what to do in the region and some links if they want to read more.
I think it has been a massive part of us moving from 21 to 3 in the rankings in under 3 months and it takes me less then one minute a day unles someone complains.
Not saying a team to send out an email, I am saying to ACT on anything that is sent back. You have a system in place, that is good. :)

Back