Feeling put upon

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Social media can be a huge energy and time vampire. There is a reason companies have dedicated staff to post, monitor, track and specialize in it. Small companies don't always get much of a benefit.
I see putting a bit of time into it only..
Agree there. Time vampire nails it.

ah, they were just trying to sell you something so not researching you or your blog or your knowledge at all.
it is easy for me to tell you to take no notice ... but ...
i myself get a bit prickly sometimes.
a young woman i now work with, very excited about all she knows, often sends me links to things that i know about or (worse) that i already do, have been doing for years, or i've already looked into/done and discarded.
she sends emails to me 'look what i've found!' i wonder how it is that she doesn't see them already on our website/blog/newsletters/info sheets/brochures, etc.
this is akin to what you are saying ... someone posts on your blog that they can teach you how to blog
but ...
i remind myself every day to take a step back and be the calm, wise one.
she works in IT and PR but is a sucker for 'like mining' ... enters contests and jumps on 'free gift card' posts on fb that aren't real and then shares them. i don't like to slam people on fb, so instead of posting a reply to her on fb, i dig up the facts and post something of my own explaining the latest scam. sometimes she deletes her post, sometimes not. if a scam lands on one of the groups or pages i administer, i delete it without a word. she says she knows some things are scams, but not this one. right ... she is naiive in a big way that surprises me.
she has the ENERGY i lack and i have to remember to relax and enjoy that aspect of her personality.
occasionally she reminds me of all the great stuff we already do that i should promote it in a different way. maybe it's stale and i need a new approach. i know i can learn from her if i can push my feelings aside.

ah, they were just trying to sell you something so not researching you or your blog or your knowledge at all.
it is easy for me to tell you to take no notice ... but ...
i myself get a bit prickly sometimes.
a young woman i now work with, very excited about all she knows, often sends me links to things that i know about or (worse) that i already do, have been doing for years, or i've already looked into/done and discarded.
she sends emails to me 'look what i've found!' i wonder how it is that she doesn't see them already on our website/blog/newsletters/info sheets/brochures, etc.
this is akin to what you are saying ... someone posts on your blog that they can teach you how to blog
but ...
i remind myself every day to take a step back and be the calm, wise one.
she works in IT and PR but is a sucker for 'like mining' ... enters contests and jumps on 'free gift card' posts on fb that aren't real and then shares them. i don't like to slam people on fb, so instead of posting a reply to her on fb, i dig up the facts and post something of my own explaining the latest scam. sometimes she deletes her post, sometimes not. if a scam lands on one of the groups or pages i administer, i delete it without a word. she says she knows some things are scams, but not this one. right ... she is naiive in a big way that surprises me.
she has the ENERGY i lack and i have to remember to relax and enjoy that aspect of her personality.
occasionally she reminds me of all the great stuff we already do that i should promote it in a different way. maybe it's stale and i need a new approach. i know i can learn from her if i can push my feelings aside..
When she sends you links to scams, reply back with the snopes website. Help her help herself.
I used to have to do this at my real job.
We used to be able to block emails from being shared outside the network. I would specifically tell my 'customers' I was providing them with this information, please do not share it.
Then I'd wait for the all-too-frequent emails telling me they couldn't forward this to friends and family.

she is not confident in snopes - i happen to rely on it. but i sometimes go to another source, too, so i have more backup. when she sends me direct messages, i reply back with a frowny face and a link or two. when she goes ahead and posts them on her own fb page, i let it alone as she's ripe for this stuff. wishful thinking really. but on business pages and groups that are non profit and 'chatty' friends of groupings ... i pull the posts and mostly replace with 'don't fall for this' or i leave it out entirely.
older and wiser!
wink_smile.gif

Back