Fill in the Map - British Style

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK. The shoe is on the other foot, Americans with a map of Europe.
Once past the main ones (including Scandinavia) and VERY few others, I am sunk. I have a general idea of where Estonia & Latvia are and the Croatia, Albania, Czech/Hungarian,Yogo are, but like Africa names have changed and borders moved since MY geography classes.
Yugoslavia won't be on any map anymore... when it broke up the central part became Serbia.

OK. The shoe is on the other foot, Americans with a map of Europe.
Once past the main ones (including Scandinavia) and VERY few others, I am sunk. I have a general idea of where Estonia & Latvia are and the Croatia, Albania, Czech/Hungarian,Yogo are, but like Africa names have changed and borders moved since MY geography classes.
Yugoslavia won't be on any map anymore... when it broke up the central part became Serbia.
My point exactly. New names, new boundaries, countries swallowed up and no longer existing... Have enough trouble identifying what is and is not is City Limits here!
It IS important to have a knowledge of geography but these days it is hard to keep up.

Give these a try.
U.S.A.
Canada.
Breakfast Diva said:
Give these a try.
U.S.A.
Canada
I got 35 out of 39 points on Canada (Manitoba got me) and with the USA I had already gotten Wyoming correct and tried to make it be Colorado also - got the others right. When I was a kid, we had a board game called - Game of the States. It was neat because it had questions about the States (major products, capital, largest city, etc) and you learned where the States were.

Back