First ever Krumpet!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks fab! I saw some at Trader Joes a couple days ago, but they were in the shape of an English muffin. Yours is so adorable!.
Breakfast Nemo said:
That looks fab! I saw some at Trader Joes a couple days ago, but they were in the shape of an English muffin. Yours is so adorable!
They would be a round shape, in Australia they can be square, and oh btw I heard a rumor a trader joes may be coming to our nearby city...I will be sooooo happy if they do!
Some of these are actually made in a shop near the Pike Place Market in Seattle. If you ever get up that way, you can go get them fresh from the griddle. http://www.thecrumpetshop.com/
FYI more trivia Krust-eaz is also a Seattle company and really did start with some gals from a bridge club making an easy crust.
Oh, I've got my fingers crossed you get a TJ's near you! I have to wait until we get into the BIG town (1 1/2 hours away) to get my TJ fix.
I'm hoping to take a little road trip this winter and get up north. I'll bookmark the crumpet shop!

lrg_krumpet.jpg

Hope this one shows up... otherwise I don't know what to do....
That is adorable! Did you use a cookie cutter?
Madeleine said:
That is adorable! Did you use a cookie cutter?
I have this thingy with a handle and I put it on the griddle and ladle the batter into it and when its done I lift it off.

That looks fab! I saw some at Trader Joes a couple days ago, but they were in the shape of an English muffin. Yours is so adorable!.
Breakfast Nemo said:
That looks fab! I saw some at Trader Joes a couple days ago, but they were in the shape of an English muffin. Yours is so adorable!
They would be a round shape, in Australia they can be square, and oh btw I heard a rumor a trader joes may be coming to our nearby city...I will be sooooo happy if they do!
Some of these are actually made in a shop near the Pike Place Market in Seattle. If you ever get up that way, you can go get them fresh from the griddle. http://www.thecrumpetshop.com/
FYI more trivia Krust-eaz is also a Seattle company and really did start with some gals from a bridge club making an easy crust.
very Cool!

Hmmm. Googled "krumpet" and didn't get what I was expecting!
Googled "crumpet" and got a much better result! I've been to UK a few times and never had a crumpet. I'll have to remedy that next trip!.
Arkansawyer said:
Googled "crumpet" and got a much better result! I've been to UK a few times and never had a crumpet. I'll have to remedy that next trip!
LOL! YEP! I spelled it wrong! LOL
sorry forgot to warn you crumpet can have an alternative meaning!

Googled "crumpet" and got a much better result! I've been to UK a few times and never had a crumpet. I'll have to remedy that next trip!.
Arkansawyer said:
Googled "crumpet" and got a much better result! I've been to UK a few times and never had a crumpet. I'll have to remedy that next trip!
LOL! YEP! I spelled it wrong! LOL
Yes, true.
So can tart.

Just to add to all this, they were just talking about English Muffins on TV and they said...
In the late 19th century Samuel Bath Thomas arrived in New York from England with his mothers crumpet recipe that included griddle baking to create a muffin that was crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. He opened a bakery and the bread soon became known as "English Muffins".

So why can I not see it? My view has been different ever since the forum went down a couple weeks ago. I tried to reconfigure but the setting option has also disappeared for me. Wonder what else I've been missing?

So why can I not see it? My view has been different ever since the forum went down a couple weeks ago. I tried to reconfigure but the setting option has also disappeared for me. Wonder what else I've been missing?.
copperhead said:
So why can I not see it? My view has been different ever since the forum went down a couple weeks ago. I tried to reconfigure but the setting option has also disappeared for me. Wonder what else I've been missing?
I can't see it either. The image in the original post couldn't be seen, but a repost later in the thread could be seen. But now I can't see that one either. May be a database problem at Innspiring headquarters.

Back