Fish for breakfast?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love fish, shellfish, etc. We specifically drive long distances to get the freshest seafood we can when eating out. But I would never eat it for breakfast so I wouldn't serve it either. I do get a lot of guests who list shellfish allergies so I'd also be having to make them something special which I have enough of already with dairy, nut and gluten allergies.

I'm an adventurous eater and I do love fish and seafood. Lox & bagels, bring them on! BUT, I've been to two different b&bs that have served fish for breakfast and hated it.
Just know that it's risky and I would suggest that if you do serve some sort of seafood on your breakfast, that you include that on your breakfast page of your website. That way, if a guest sees that it might be served, they're more likely to tell you their aversion to it before it hits the breakfast table.

I'm an adventurous eater and I do love fish and seafood. Lox & bagels, bring them on! BUT, I've been to two different b&bs that have served fish for breakfast and hated it.
Just know that it's risky and I would suggest that if you do serve some sort of seafood on your breakfast, that you include that on your breakfast page of your website. That way, if a guest sees that it might be served, they're more likely to tell you their aversion to it before it hits the breakfast table..
"Fish" is such a broad concept.
tounge_smile.gif
wink_smile.gif
Your invited whenever your schedule allows.
angel_smile.gif

Just know that it's risky and I would suggest that if you do serve some sort of seafood on your breakfast, that you include that on your breakfast page of your website. That way, if a guest sees that it might be served, they're more likely to tell you their aversion to it before it hits the breakfast table..
PS. to all the above
Also ask when you send out your confirmation , also on arrival ask. That way for sure all bases are covered. We have not had a problem in all the years.

I serve scrambled eggs with Scottish smoked salmon, that's always popular. Once in a while I serve haddock with poached eggs and fried toms. Did that this morning, not so popular, but those that order it do enjoy it.

I serve scrambled eggs with Scottish smoked salmon, that's always popular. Once in a while I serve haddock with poached eggs and fried toms. Did that this morning, not so popular, but those that order it do enjoy it..
Highlands John said:
I serve scrambled eggs with Scottish smoked salmon, that's always popular. Once in a while I serve haddock with poached eggs and fried toms. Did that this morning, not so popular, but those that order it do enjoy it.
I'm always overjoyed when I'm traveling in the UK and the continental is smoked salmon & bagels or croissants, etc. I'm not a big fan of the English breakfast so after a couple of days of travel I almost always opt for the continental.

I serve scrambled eggs with Scottish smoked salmon, that's always popular. Once in a while I serve haddock with poached eggs and fried toms. Did that this morning, not so popular, but those that order it do enjoy it..
I would love the haddock! Haven't had haddock for ages.

I'll offer a salmon (lox) omelet if I have it on hand. Otherwise, fish is not a wide enough appeal for my market.

Back