Forum Topic here got me thinking....What do most Innkeepers wear daily ?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got logo shirts that I wear with jeans/shorts depending on season. I just ordered some new shirts 3/4 sleeve, for the cooler weather. I don't usually wear long sleeves. My arms are short and the sleeves get in the way. Also have a couple of logo aprons. My Williams Sonoma monogrammed apron is just about shot. Hopefully DH will get me a new one for Christmas.

I've got logo shirts that I wear with jeans/shorts depending on season. I just ordered some new shirts 3/4 sleeve, for the cooler weather. I don't usually wear long sleeves. My arms are short and the sleeves get in the way. Also have a couple of logo aprons. My Williams Sonoma monogrammed apron is just about shot. Hopefully DH will get me a new one for Christmas..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
I've got logo shirts that I wear with jeans/shorts depending on season. I just ordered some new shirts 3/4 sleeve, for the cooler weather. I don't usually wear long sleeves. My arms are short and the sleeves get in the way. Also have a couple of logo aprons. My Williams Sonoma monogrammed apron is just about shot. Hopefully DH will get me a new one for Christmas.
3/4 would be nice, they are logo'd? Can you share where you got them?

Certainly. I get them at Land's End. I always wait for the sales/specials. These were 30% off. I've also bought aprons, jackets and ball caps for my family for Christmas presents. Shameless advertising!

I've got logo shirts that I wear with jeans/shorts depending on season. I just ordered some new shirts 3/4 sleeve, for the cooler weather. I don't usually wear long sleeves. My arms are short and the sleeves get in the way. Also have a couple of logo aprons. My Williams Sonoma monogrammed apron is just about shot. Hopefully DH will get me a new one for Christmas..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
3/4 would be nice, they are logo'd? Can you share where you got them?
I get mine at the Sheltered Workshop. They hire handicapped and give them employment and self-worth. Also and just as importantly, they do great work.

OK, really stupid question here but where did everyone go to GET a logo? We don't have one, would be nice to get one, no idea how or where to go about it.

OK, really stupid question here but where did everyone go to GET a logo? We don't have one, would be nice to get one, no idea how or where to go about it..
I hired someone on elance to do it for me. I had a few ideas, but our logo came from one of the windows on the front of the house. I've actually used elance a few times for logos for different companies.
If you decide you want to do it that way and need help, just message me.
We decided on a basic price and looked carefully at each and every portfolio for someone who's style we liked and price and conditions we could live with. They came back with offers. The first logo I had designed was someone living in the UK but from the eastern bloc. We liked his use of airbrushing and the style was what we wanted. The last time they were in India, a bit harder to deal with, but we wanted something with cleaner lines.
The portfolios were the most helpful and companies that didn't really read our specs.... we dumped because if they can't read, they obviously can't reply to work in the workroom. We also specified that anyone calling us, was automatically disqualified... because someone will try to cheat the system and call to try to get the work directly.

OK, really stupid question here but where did everyone go to GET a logo? We don't have one, would be nice to get one, no idea how or where to go about it..
DH did mine. He has done several and does line drawings of inns from photos that can be sized from covering a bib of an apron to fitting at the side of a business card - and being legible in all sizes. He was in the printing industry so knows about the sizing. I did list him in the Resources.
One inn came back a year later wanting him to do the same drawing in full color for color ads.)

I did mine myself. Did some Go og le research for Aboriginal symbols and viola! Just think of something that you feel represents the image you're trying to portray of your inn and use key words in G-search for images. It might prompt some ideas.

You have an image on your sign -- couldn't that be the basis for a logo?
(my avatar is our logo)

(my avatar is our logo)
Harborfields said:
(my avatar is our logo)
Something along those lines, yes, that's what I would like.

See, for me its nothing like wearing formals or casuals or suits !!
I always keep one thing in mind what ever I wear it should be according to my choice and comfortable but normally I used to wear stretchable jeans, and simple tops.

Back