Fruten glee

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a woman over the weekend who told us she needed fruten glee. We always serve yogurt and fruit and while she was here, scrambled eggs. So she was covered. But I went out Saturday and bought a bag of fruten free granola. I put the bag out with the other cereals and by the yogurt toppings bar. She didn't touch it. So I guess the eggs and fruit were enough.
I put it in an airtight container and will have it there next time.
And question - if I have GF toaster waffles, do I need a special toaster? Wouldn't they touch G-full crumbs in a toaster?

Had a fellow this morning announce that he was allergic to canola and dairy products. So scrambled eggs cooked in olive oil! Served the wife eggs as well but gave her toast and hash browns, which have traces of canola and/ or milk product in them. He wanted toast as he was "not THAT allergic to dairy and their is only a little bit in it.". Amazing, huh?

Had a woman over the weekend who told us she needed fruten glee. We always serve yogurt and fruit and while she was here, scrambled eggs. So she was covered. But I went out Saturday and bought a bag of fruten free granola. I put the bag out with the other cereals and by the yogurt toppings bar. She didn't touch it. So I guess the eggs and fruit were enough.
And question - if I have GF toaster waffles, do I need a special toaster? Wouldn't they touch G-full crumbs in a toaster?.
It really depends on the guest. Celiac disease guests can't have any co mingling of gluten products. GF guests usually can because many of them are simply cutting back and it's not necessary for them to eliminate all contact.
You would have to monitor use of the toaster. If there's a wait for the gluten full toaster people will use the GF one because they don't get it.

And question - if I have GF toaster waffles, do I need a special toaster? Wouldn't they touch G-full crumbs in a toaster?.
It really depends on the guest. Celiac disease guests can't have any co mingling of gluten products. GF guests usually can because many of them are simply cutting back and it's not necessary for them to eliminate all contact.
You would have to monitor use of the toaster. If there's a wait for the gluten full toaster people will use the GF one because they don't get it.
Madeleine said:
I imagine if a guest is seriously alergic, he or she would be clear about it.
Yesterday, a woman asked me what kind of English Muffins were these. I said I think whole wheat and raisin. She said, 'never mind, I already ate.' I didn't get it, but DH told me she was monitoring ingredients and I should have said, "Thomas' brand." whatever.

Madeleine said:
Yesterday, a woman asked me what kind of English Muffins were these. I said I think whole wheat and raisin. She said, 'never mind, I already ate.' I didn't get it, but DH told me she was monitoring ingredients and I should have said, "Thomas' brand." whatever.
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh you silly Beachie!

Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh you silly Beachie!
Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh you silly Beachie!
hahahahhahahahahaaaaa
Put it this way, if I were life threatening alergic to a certain food, I would inform a restaurant before eating there. But then, that's me. LOL

Another Rez that is celiac came in. No gluten anywhere near her food. At all. And please only serve organic anything else..
At this point, I would say we cannot do this. You are welcome to bring your own food. You are not a dietitian or a restaurant and should not be expected to follow every guest whim. She needs to know you are not organic. Would she go to a restaurant and tell them everything they serve her has to be organic? I doubt it.
Quit being bullied so much by these people. If you want their booking fine...but know if you take it you have to deal with i.
And that's why I have frozen GF/DF/Vegan waffles in the freezer. And I don't do low carb at all!
I've a few try the GF excuse to try to get low carb. Here's your waffle. Need the sugar syrup for it as well? Breakfast 2 for GF/DF/Vegan... a lovely breakfast salad. You don't eat salad in the morning? Why not! It's super healthy, low in calories, no gluten, no fat, no sugar... perfect! (And I get to eat the rest... love salad in the morning!)
One of my favs is to roll a thin slice of turkey breast, fresh mozzarella, and garlic chives in prosciutto and put it on a bed of local greens with an spiced apple compote in a condiment cup.

Another Rez that is celiac came in. No gluten anywhere near her food. At all. And please only serve organic anything else..
At this point, I would say we cannot do this. You are welcome to bring your own food. You are not a dietitian or a restaurant and should not be expected to follow every guest whim. She needs to know you are not organic. Would she go to a restaurant and tell them everything they serve her has to be organic? I doubt it.
Quit being bullied so much by these people. If you want their booking fine...but know if you take it you have to deal with i.
And that's why I have frozen GF/DF/Vegan waffles in the freezer. And I don't do low carb at all!
I've a few try the GF excuse to try to get low carb. Here's your waffle. Need the sugar syrup for it as well? Breakfast 2 for GF/DF/Vegan... a lovely breakfast salad. You don't eat salad in the morning? Why not! It's super healthy, low in calories, no gluten, no fat, no sugar... perfect! (And I get to eat the rest... love salad in the morning!)
One of my favs is to roll a thin slice of turkey breast, fresh mozzarella, and garlic chives in prosciutto and put it on a bed of local greens with an spiced apple compote in a condiment cup.
happykeeper said:
wow. on my way!

Buy a $10 toaster and pull it out only for the celiac. All others use the other toaster. When not needed, put the $10 toaster away, so no one uses it by mistake.

Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh you silly Beachie!
Madeleine said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Oh you silly Beachie!
hahahahhahahahahaaaaa
Put it this way, if I were life threatening alergic to a certain food, I would inform a restaurant before eating there. But then, that's me. LOL
What? and lose the chance to sue because they tried to kill you? You would not be like the lady who was asked when making the rez, was sent a confirmation letter detailing everything including her response to dietary needs/restrictions only mentioned when asked if something was wrong that she was allergic to cinnamon. Or the one who upon seeing the fruit informed me she could not have mangoes nor anything that had touched the mango. It foes on and on and I am in Podunk with most likely as many guests in a season as some of you have in a month. I just have years on most of you.

Fruten glee Had a sleep-over book in late Sunday night for 7 nights. She needed early breakfast. Asked if she would like scrambled eggs etc. That was fine. When I served her the plate the next morning,--had toast and granola, etc.-- she then informed me she needed gluten free food... I asked her if she was celiac or just a choice. "Just a lifestyle" Next morning she ate Harvest Crunch granola and yogurt. At least I don't have to cook everything separately. Who knows, by the end of her stay she may not be a fruten glee.

Fruten glee Had a sleep-over book in late Sunday night for 7 nights. She needed early breakfast. Asked if she would like scrambled eggs etc. That was fine. When I served her the plate the next morning,--had toast and granola, etc.-- she then informed me she needed gluten free food... I asked her if she was celiac or just a choice. "Just a lifestyle" Next morning she ate Harvest Crunch granola and yogurt. At least I don't have to cook everything separately. Who knows, by the end of her stay she may not be a fruten glee..
My weeklong fruten glee was very happy with her fruten glee breakfast. So much so she took whole wheat bread sandwiches with her on her picnic today.

When we first opened if someone had requested only organic food, I would have had to tell them to bring their own food. We barely had decent produce let alone "organic". Could really not find anything that had the organic moniker on it (was tough since I moved here from Austin where it was everywhere). Fortunately, 6 years later it's much better here.
Lard...that would have been a different story...it's all about bringing on the fried food here, as you know! :)

Back