Getting stressful around here

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's over it's over it's over it's over.
doing a very happy dance!!!! If I never see another dropcloth, it will be too soon!
The extra floor tiles (cuz we didn't buy enough the first time) arrived and have been installed.
The leak above the new kitchenette has been found, diagnosed and fixed.
The newly installed electric plug that didn't work has been identified and fixed.
The newly installed heater that also didn't work, works now.
The artwork has been hung!!!!
The new bathroom is finished and I am walking on air. Construction season is OVER!.
Yeah!!!!!!!
regular_smile.gif
shades_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
Time to celebrate!!!!!! Now I have to get back to my construction zone.......
I feel your pain. Wine helps!
AND it's a darned good thing because we have a full house for Valentine's weekend! The people renting the room with the new bathroom have rented this room before and always ask for the same room (it has the best view.) I can't wait to see their reaction.
Did you send them samples?!?
wink_smile.gif
I'm glad they are the first to try it out!
I was going to say "break it in" but decided that wasn't a good phrase....

doing a very happy dance!!!! If I never see another dropcloth, it will be too soon!
The extra floor tiles (cuz we didn't buy enough the first time) arrived and have been installed.
The newly installed electric plug that didn't work has been identified and fixed.
The new bathroom is finished and I am walking on air. Construction season is OVER!.
Yeah!!!!!!!
regular_smile.gif
shades_smile.gif
teeth_smile.gif
thumbs_up.gif
Time to celebrate!!!!!! Now I have to get back to my construction zone.......
I feel your pain. Wine helps!
AND it's a darned good thing because we have a full house for Valentine's weekend! The people renting the room with the new bathroom have rented this room before and always ask for the same room (it has the best view.) I can't wait to see their reaction.
Repeat guests are the best for reno project reviews. They know the space so know how much better, or not, the reno was.
We changed out a sink last year and our guest who always takes that room said, "great new sink in my bathroom!"
Other changes have gone unremarked. Waiting to see how the TV's go over tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Emergency replacing the water main pipe.... But Praise the Lord, we had the money and didn't have to borrow any!!! Always look on the positive since it makes life easier! Now to figure out how to get guests to come in the middle of winter!.
Duff2014 said:
Emergency replacing the water main pipe.... But Praise the Lord, we had the money and didn't have to borrow any!!! Always look on the positive since it makes life easier! Now to figure out how to get guests to come in the middle of winter!
Superbowl special!! Valentine special!!! St. Patrick's Day special!
TheBeachHouse said:
Duff2014 said:
Emergency replacing the water main pipe.... But Praise the Lord, we had the money and didn't have to borrow any!!! Always look on the positive since it makes life easier! Now to figure out how to get guests to come in the middle of winter!
The superbowl was half over before I realized they were having it. We got a full house for Valentine's weekend. So that just leave St Patrick's Day. Got any ideas for me?!?
Duff2014 said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Duff2014 said:
The superbowl was half over before I realized they were having it. We got a full house for Valentine's weekend. So that just leave St Patrick's Day. Got any ideas for me?!?
Breakfast of corned beef hash with Irish soda bread. Irish coffee??? Complimentary beer for every guest????

TheBeachHouse said:
The new bathroom is finished and I am walking on air. Construction season is OVER!
Unless you count the closet work. I cleaned out my personal closet yesterday and today, our carpenter is putting in a newly designed custom closet.
It's a small, two door reach in and I have never liked the configuration. But with all the other priorities, I managed.
Today is a big day, but more dust and junk.
And all my clothes are in a guest room across the house.
It truly does Never End. But I am VERY excited to get this bullet point done! Been waiting over two years.

TheBeachHouse said:
The new bathroom is finished and I am walking on air. Construction season is OVER!
Unless you count the closet work. I cleaned out my personal closet yesterday and today, our carpenter is putting in a newly designed custom closet.
It's a small, two door reach in and I have never liked the configuration. But with all the other priorities, I managed.
It truly does Never End. But I am VERY excited to get this bullet point done! Been waiting over two years.
Rejoice in your BIG Day! Just forget about the dust and junk for now, tomorrow is another day….

TheBeachHouse said:
Rejoice in your BIG Day! Just forget about the dust and junk for now, tomorrow is another day….
Duff2014 said:
I really am excited. I just have to laugh at home many times I've said something like, "We are done!!! Except for....."

TheBeachHouse said:
Duff2014 said:
I really am excited. I just have to laugh at home many times I've said something like, "We are done!!! Except for....."
Yeah...it really never ends! You may as well get used to the idea of the never ending process...and budget for it.
confused_smile.gif

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Do the 40 day challenge. (It's running from Ash Wednesday to Easter) - you take one item per day out of your closet (or other storage place) and either donate it or throw it out.
You have to put all that stuff back in your new closet so you could do it all at once!
I have 2 shopping bags going right now to donate.

TheBeachHouse said:
Nice that you're doing something for your space! Makes it easier to handle everything when the innkeepers' own living quarters are in order, I think.
Hope it works out well for you!

TheBeachHouse said:
The never ending bathroom reno continues.
The good news, the crew found some not quite to code plumbing and fixed it. The bad news is, of course, that puts us behind schedule and over budget.
As long as the summer brings guests, we will be fine with the extra cost. But it is getting old. I want to keep some of our earnings!
Yeah, I know, funny. :)
You mean you get to keep some at the end of the month? How is that even possible?
omg_smile.gif

TheBeachHouse said:
Closet? YOU have a CLOSET?
O am jealous. They put a door on what was the built-in china closet in what was the dining room (removing shelves of course) and called that a closet in our room - for 2 people. It is good that I am not a "clothes horse" but my daughters keep buying me clothes.

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Do the 40 day challenge. (It's running from Ash Wednesday to Easter) - you take one item per day out of your closet (or other storage place) and either donate it or throw it out.
You have to put all that stuff back in your new closet so you could do it all at once!
I agree. There will be a major purge when we put everything back in.
I've been gearing up. Sort of paying attention to what I actually wear.
The good news - I found two shirts I'd been looking for since we moved in! Like new!

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
The good news - I found two shirts I'd been looking for since we moved in! Like new!
TheBeachHouse said:
Love that!
My daughter is doing that 'thing' everyone her age is following - Kon Mari (?) She had my granddaughter go thru her closet and only keep those clothes that 'made her happy'. Granddaughter loved it. Tossed a bunch of things she hated (as in would never, ever pick to wear) and she now has a virtually empty closet filled with clothes she's happy to wear.
Daughter also purged her own closet. Then I told her I had her high school sweat shirt from her team. Oh! She definitely wanted that! That would be fun to wear. Glad I saved it from the original purge 20 years ago!
I just got rid of a dress I've had for years. Told myself if corduroy overall dresses ever came back I had permission to buy one that actually fit. ;-)

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Love that!
My daughter is doing that 'thing' everyone her age is following - Kon Mari (?) She had my granddaughter go thru her closet and only keep those clothes that 'made her happy'. Granddaughter loved it. Tossed a bunch of things she hated (as in would never, ever pick to wear) and she now has a virtually empty closet filled with clothes she's happy to wear.
Daughter also purged her own closet. Then I told her I had her high school sweat shirt from her team. Oh! She definitely wanted that! That would be fun to wear. Glad I saved it from the original purge 20 years ago!
I just got rid of a dress I've had for years. Told myself if corduroy overall dresses ever came back I had permission to buy one that actually fit. ;-)
LOL
When we moved in, my friend's daughter helped me purge to downsize. She was 17. She held up what she called the ugliest dress in the world. I said, "I wore that dress to Allie's wedding!! I was planning to wear it to your wedding."
She shouted, "You are NOT wearing this dress to my wedding!!"
Then she threw it in the 'donate' pile.

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Love that!
LOL
When we moved in, my friend's daughter helped me purge to downsize. She was 17. She held up what she called the ugliest dress in the world. I said, "I wore that dress to Allie's wedding!! I was planning to wear it to your wedding."
<looking up 'kon mari'>

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Back in my single days I moved often - it seemed like every year. I would use my ironing basket as the glassware wrap. IF I had not seen it since the last move, I obviously did not like it well enough to iron it and it went to Salvation Army. Today things have gone to the Mission - my daughter went through my turtlenecks and threw them on the Mission pile saying she was buying me new ones. The bad thing is the new ones do not have cuffs - they ride up my arm.
Gave a lot of my "business dress" dresses and a couple of my event dresses (dinner/dance- banquet type) to a friend here not long after we moved here when she moved into the dress up work mode from her part-time "comfortable" job. Now that I have the unwanted pleasure of being confined to ugly old lady shoes, dresses are not in the equation.

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Love that!
I read that book "The Art of Tidying Up". There was some interesting stuff in there - how to approach decluttering (when to look at mementos for one) and how to find joy in the things that you keep. Also, I did agree with what she had to say about how it's not a good idea to keep buying lots of containers to store stuff that you really will never look at or use ever again.
I live with a pack rat. He thought the points that I shared with him from the book that I agreed with were total bunk.
And there you have it...
cry_smile.gif

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Love that!
LOL
<looking up 'kon mari'>
I will use the idea of 'finding joy' in my clothes.
although there will have to be exceptions. I find little joy in my business suits, but I still need to stock a couple.
But I can already predict there is no joy in those blouses that totally emphasize the back fat. they are out-o-here!
:)

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Love that!
LOL
<looking up 'kon mari'>
although there will have to be exceptions. I find little joy in my business suits, but I still need to stock a couple.
But I can already predict there is no joy in those blouses that totally emphasize the back fat. they are out-o-here!
I have a linen top i love. I lost one of the buttons last summer so haven't worn it since. But, it is my vacation shirt! I'm replacing all the buttons so it shows up in all our vacation photos this year as it has for the past few years.

TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
TheBeachHouse said:
Love that!
LOL
<looking up 'kon mari'>
I have a linen top i love. I lost one of the buttons last summer so haven't worn it since. But, it is my vacation shirt! I'm replacing all the buttons so it shows up in all our vacation photos this year as it has for the past few years.
some pieces are worth saving!

Back